Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 92 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1366
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Well at the end of the day, despite everything, I'm still proud of her. She fought, she gave it her best shot atm, and that's really all any one of us could have asked from her. Now have a good rest, and come back stronger to the clay kingdom where you reign.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #1367
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

What a great display over the last month from Masha It's clear that her game (forehand in particular) are really starting to click, which bodes well for the dirt

That said, she looked drained after she lost the break in the 2nd. She started reaching for her serve, the length on her shots shortened up a lot, and you could even see/hear through the TV she wasn't hitting the ball as cleanly. All those slice forehands she hit too But, that first set proved she's got the shots and game, now she just needs the opportunity to do it without coming off back to back tournaments against fresher opponents
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1368
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

And she really needs to work on her fucking backhand. It's been a mess for months now.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1369
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
Also was anyone else ecstatic just to see Maria break Serena's serve for the first time since Madrid? I was cheering and fistpumping like she'd won the set.
yeah when that happened i started calculating when that last happen and it was madrid

set is okay, i hope she will win on clay, she have tu pump herself up, and take good things from that match, like kvotva did, after her loss agaist serena in doha she said that this match gave her confidence that she needed, she was also close to the win, and later sho won dubai

so always you can take something possitve from loss agaist serena, so c'mon claypova

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #1370
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

How can anyone say it would have been less painful to have witnessed the world number 2 getting destroyed and scraping a handful of games alá the Olympics, Madrid, Doha etc. than seeing her put a good fight up for a set and half playing great tennis, finally winning a set against a player she hasn't won one against in 5 years?? Really don't understand that...
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1371
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

That was a good fight. She was close. Let's hope she doesn't give up.
Now get some rest you deserve and be ready to kick ass on clay
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1372
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
Like others in this thread, I want to congratulate Maria on a wonderful spring HC season. She did great against Serena today for most of the first two sets. I was very emotional watching it because I felt like Maria was fighting so hard to stay in points and try to win that when she finally got that first set, I was so happy. But even in the first set, you could see how hard Maria had to work for it. In the second, Serena raised her level and Maria couldn't maintain the momentum. And the third was a total destruction. Once again, Maria's tennis was treated with utter disregard by Serena who took full control and dominated. It was really hard to watch that third set, but I'm still amazed by Maria's fight. She clearly wanted it today, but it wasn't to be.

I won't lie, I was angry at Serena during that third set. She wasn't doing anything wrong, but I was very emotionally invested in the match, and that bagel really pissed me off. I was angry that she was so ruthless, that she seemed so merciless toward Maria. Selfish reaction on my part, I know. But I couldn't help by feel a little sorry for Maria, who has now lost 5 finals in Miami. But I know in my heart that Maria Sharapova will come back, and she will come back strong because that is what a champion does (and Maria is a hall of fame champion).

Maria, if you read this forum, and you come across this post (or others like it), I want you to know that I am very proud of you girl. You came to really fight today, and you took a set off of your main rival (a woman who has haunted your whole tennis career). That's never easy to do, and it's the mark of a Champion to come back and fight. SO continue being that champion Maria, never forget or be ashamed of who you are.

The Siren will sound again, loud and clear! DIVAI!!!!!
Clearly a heartfelt post from someone who really loves Maria. Well said.

I think we can all be proud of her fight today. It was a given that once Serena won that second set the match was over. The only slightly disappointing thing is that Maria seemed to completely collapse in that third set. Nevertheless, there are a lot of positives to take out of this match. Maria showed herself that if she comes out all guns blazing from the word go that SHE CAN compete with Serena. This match can be huge in terms of how she goes mentally into matches against Serena in the future.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1373
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Who has statistics per sets of this match?

By the way , whatching how 31 y.o woman can serve one after another 118-120 mph in the third set after 2 hours of intensive match.... Serena's physical form is even better than it used to be 3 or 5 years ago ... I don't know how can she keep it without much of match practice.....

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Mar 30th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #1374
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
I had a dream that Maria won a tight(ish) first set over Serena 6-4 with the one break. It was so tense and exciting Hopefully she can put in a decent showing today anyway.
Resident Siberian Siren psychic or what (I know there was more than one break but still impressive!).
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #1375
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

So she won a set but still got bagelled

Oh well ... it's been a great 4 weeks and i'm pumped for clay season

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1376
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

it looks like tennis.com fails to load after being attacked by all fans )))

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #1377
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Craig Where Are You
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #1378
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Craig Where Are You
Right here darling

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1379
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I FUCKING NEED TO GET DRUNK

anticaps

TF is so slow I guess all Serena stans are praising their lord on GM
I shall not write here tonight if the alcohol rating in my blood is too high or I might write some things I'd really regret
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1380
country flag NashaMasha

Maria still can win Miami next year , probably she will need to skip IW

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player