Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 91 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1351
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

what a great match best match of this year by far in WTA

first set was brilliant, then in second she lost momentum serena jump in, and in the 3rd she was with her head in 2nd set and in game 3:2 where she didn't take the chances to close the match and win and before noticing she got a bagel

she was so sad up there with runner up throphy i think there be a crocodile tears in locers room

i'm also so down, finnaly when she won 1 st i have faith in her that she can win but

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1352
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
and also Rena seems to have become much weaker in finals nowadays.
Serena has become vulnerable in finals, she's ripe for the taking a lot in recent years. It's just that not many players have shown that they can wrap her up when they have to. Even in the Olympics final I didn't think she played that well actually.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1353
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I would love to mourn with you guys, but I'm too analytical. On to clay bitches.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1354
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm not disappointed, even that bagel doesn't bother me that much.

Maria should be proud of herself, and recover well to kick ass during the clay season.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1355
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Craig, open up the Stuttgart thread. It's time for some positivity and fond memories of that tournament to discuss
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1356
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
You mean like how she won the French Open after that AO Final? I think you're underestimating her mental strength.
Maybe. But I think that for the first time in a long while Maria walked onto that court believing with every fiber of her being that she was going to beat Serena. And she played perfect, inspired tennis for the first set and a half. She had to thinking this was her day at that point.

But the way the wheels just came off in spectacular fashion and how she suddenly looked as helpless as she usually does against Serena, I just think it has to sting more than any of her other losses.

So we'll see how she recovers. I'm really curious to see how their next meeting goes and if Maria gained any confidence from today or is more intimidated and frustrated than ever.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1357
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the clay?
Disappointing loss but we're heading on to a surface where only two players can even be considered a threat.... I'm ready.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1358
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Maria doesn't let these things break her, god knows she endured worse losses such as IW and the AO last year. After a day or so of being upset she'll take positives from this. If she could've kept up her energy she could've made the end of the 2nd set a bit of a scrap and potentially taken it to a TB but the wind quite visibly went out of her sails after being broken having been up a break.

That said I'm quite happy about this match! Look at Vika and the USO match, definitely helped her in her match in Doha. Maria probably should've taken this in two tight sets today but at least she knows she has it in her to really take it to Serena. Tiredom as was evident in that set is also kind of to be expected after the month Maria's had. Bit miffed about the bagel of course but I'm overall actually really happy with this result! Maria's always quite been one for baby steps after all as opposed to random giant leaps forward.
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1359
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Tbf she was definitely in a much worse position this time last year.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #1360
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Well, of course I meant internationally. But hell, Serena's not as popular in America as one would expect of a person with so many grand slams.
If Serena's not as popular in the US it's probably because tennis isn't as popular as it used to be in the States. It still can attract attention here though.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #1361
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, did she forget to play tennis at 64 34 40-15 up?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #1362
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

The first set she delivered was great, she was so fearless and consistent, as if it was some another opponent...kinda reminded me of Wim final, I was so excited, then she would lead 4-2....but she just gave up, was she tired? Don't think so...just the mental block popped up....
Yeah, I am sad, she looks so painful during ceremony, almost crying. Damn, 5th final here and no win, it is so heartbreaking for her and for us...
Anyway I am proud of her, great month, great IW win, another Miami runner up and yeah, she managed to take a set from Rena, so maybe next time...
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1363
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Like others in this thread, I want to congratulate Maria on a wonderful spring HC season. She did great against Serena today for most of the first two sets. I was very emotional watching it because I felt like Maria was fighting so hard to stay in points and try to win that when she finally got that first set, I was so happy. But even in the first set, you could see how hard Maria had to work for it. In the second, Serena raised her level and Maria couldn't maintain the momentum. And the third was a total destruction. Once again, Maria's tennis was treated with utter disregard by Serena who took full control and dominated. It was really hard to watch that third set, but I'm still amazed by Maria's fight. She clearly wanted it today, but it wasn't to be.

I won't lie, I was angry at Serena during that third set. She wasn't doing anything wrong, but I was very emotionally invested in the match, and that bagel really pissed me off. I was angry that she was so ruthless, that she seemed so merciless toward Maria. Selfish reaction on my part, I know. But I couldn't help by feel a little sorry for Maria, who has now lost 5 finals in Miami. But I know in my heart that Maria Sharapova will come back, and she will come back strong because that is what a champion does (and Maria is a hall of fame champion).

Maria, if you read this forum, and you come across this post (or others like it), I want you to know that I am very proud of you girl. You came to really fight today, and you took a set off of your main rival (a woman who has haunted your whole tennis career). That's never easy to do, and it's the mark of a Champion to come back and fight. SO continue being that champion Maria, never forget or be ashamed of who you are.

The Siren will sound again, loud and clear! DIVAI!!!!!
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1364
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Btw, did she forget to play tennis at 64 34 40-15 up?
yeah she did, and she stuck with her head in that game and everything went one side

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #1365
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Also was anyone else ecstatic just to see Maria break Serena's serve for the first time since Madrid? I was cheering and fistpumping like she'd won the set.
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote