Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013. - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #181
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

If we're talking winning just one major this year where Errani and Woz are her most fierce opponents vs beating Serena and Vika in a 1000, I take the latter. I know what slams mean, even one slam. But I take the latter. If she managed it more slam wins would seem inevitable any way.

Last edited by Icky80 : Mar 20th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM   #182
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

While I agree that a win over Serena has far-reaching psychological impact on Maria (She should beat Vika so that's that), I'll still take a major anyday
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM   #183
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
At this point seeing her beat Vika and Serena back to back in a 1000 would feel better than getting another major by going through a bunch of nobodies (harsh?). But I know that's just me. Then again, if she did manage to beat Vika and Serena in a tournament I would suddenly demand that she win the next three majors.
I never really cared or care who my faves beat on their way to a title. "Just get your name on that throphee" - that's all I care about really. Having said that, it would be quite something to see Maria beat Serena. I still remember how happy I was when Woz beat Serena last year, and I really didn't give a fuck that she lost to Maria in the next round because she had just beaten SERENA. And I guess I would feel the same way if Maria would beat Serena. Still, getting her name on that trophee is still the priority for me.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #184
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Win Miami!! OMG i want her to win this tournament so much it hurts! God that match against Errani yesterday was mega stressful think todays against Jankovic could be the same.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #185
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I would always go for the Slam, and I don't care who she beats to win them. It wouldn't even matter to me if she didn't face a single top 10 player on her way to the title. Years from now no one but fans and haters will remember who she played to win anyway, the record books don't care.

That being said, winning Miami this year (doing the double) would be just as impressive and special (to me) than winning a Slam, regardless who she beats in the Final.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #186
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Win Miami

So close, yet so far away
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #187
country flag cautiouslip

cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of cautiouslip has much to be proud of

I want her to start regularly shouting "That's the way!" again. She did once I think against francesca in Indian Wells but she hasn't since
cautiouslip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #188
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Win this Miami trophy against Serena Williams right here right now!!!! She can do it!!!
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #189
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Win Miami .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #190
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Please win today
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #191
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Win Miami .
and beat Serena too.

Get it Maria!!
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #192
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
and beat Serena too.

Get it Maria!!
We might just end up killing two birds with one stone here .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #193
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiouslip View Post
I want her to start regularly shouting "That's the way!" again. She did once I think against francesca in Indian Wells but she hasn't since
THIS those are always so epic, and the way she used it at AO 2008 vs. Dementieva was probably the sexiest experience of my life as a gay teenager at that point
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #194
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

Win Miami and beat Serena at the same time. It would be more than I could ask her
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #195
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

Win Miami 2013 thats the only thing I ask for(That obviously only possible only if she beats Serena)
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote