Vera Zvonareva - Interview Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #91
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of
Re: Vera Zvonareva - Interview Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke View Post
Thanks for this

Well,so it seems we have to wait longer for Vera's return than a couple of months, even the rest of the year. But rather this and return healthy than keep struggling and maybe have damaged the shoulder more. It is just too bad that Vera at the peak of her athletic age (around 27), has to sit out for almost 2 years . But it is as it is. Hope Vera will keep us updated on the progress and happy to see she has an example of how to come back after a long break of injury, at least a motivation.

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #92
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke View Post
A year..

And our girl is "so lucky": she had to do the surgery to discover what really was going on.. And, in the end, was similar to Maria's injury.

So, we have to wait till the middle of the year, to know how things are going on.. I wish will be good news, but I'm kinda ready for anything.. But is not time to think about it yet...

Wish all the best for her, in this long process she have ahead.. And also in her studies..

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #93
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #94
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Hope she will be ok. I miss her.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #95
country flag ZEUS77

ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice ZEUS77 is just really nice

back soon vera please
ZEUS77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #96
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

wish u the best vera

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #97
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

On Vera's recent graduation

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...ates-in-moscow

Zvonareva Graduates In Moscow

While her tennis career is temporarily on hold, Vera Zvonareva has completed a different chapter - something just as amazing as all those titles, Grand Slam finals and everything else.

Published July 10, 2013 12:04

Zvonareva Graduates In Moscow
Vera Zvonareva

MOSCOW, Russia - While most of the stars of the WTA were battling it out at Wimbledon, one WTA star - in fact, someone who has done very, very well at Wimbledon before - was battling as well, just in a very different kind of way. Vera Zvonareva, a former World No.2 who made the final there in 2010, was graduating from university back in Moscow, getting a degree in international economic relations.

Zvonareva had been studying for the degree for several years, but having missed the last five months of 2012 due to illness and all of 2013 so far with a right shoulder injury, she found the time to wrap it up at the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation in Moscow.

"It feels great," Zvonareva said. "It took me six years - normally it should take three years, but because I was doing it at the same time as I was playing on the tour, it took me longer. I actually studied very hard over the last four months to catch up on everything I missed while I was on the tour. All of the hard work paid off in the end, and now I finally have my degree. I'm really happy about everything!"

For someone who has excelled so much in professional tennis, Zvonareva - who is best known for her Grand Slam finals at Wimbledon and the US Open in 2010 - admitted she was nervous at exam time.

"My final exam actually consisted of three exams. The first was English, the second was international economic relations, and the third one was defending my thesis. I was fine with the English exam, and defending my thesis was fine too, because I had been working on it for three years, so of course I knew what I was talking about. But the one for international econonmic relations, I was very nervous.

"I didn't expect that from myself. I was so nervous going into the room. My fellow students were all saying I had to go first, because I was a professional athlete, but I was so nervous they had to push me into the room! But I actually did really well. When I was going into the exams I was thinking to myself, 'Oh my God, just let me at least get Cs.' But I got all As, which was great! I was really proud."

So is this it - is Zvonareva done with academia? Not so fast...

"I've decided I'll go farther with my education," she said. "Right now I have a Masters degree in international economic relations, but I want to do the same in law too, so I'm planning on studying international constitutional law. That will be at a different school. But then after that's finished I'm hoping to eventually come back to this school and maybe do some scientific work and research."

With her academic career really taking off, what are the Russian's plans for returning to the courts?

"I had my shoulder surgery in February and since then I've been doing all the rehab. I'm really doing everything I can to get my arm and shoulder back to 100%. To be honest, I don't have a specific plan for when I'm coming back. At the moment I'm taking it one day at a time. I don't want to rush. I've been injured in the past and tried to come back too fast, and it doesn't usually turn out well. Right now the most important thing is just trying not to rush it and getting back to 100% before coming back.

"And I'm actually enjoying a little bit of time off from everything right now - from tennis, from school - I don't have exams to worry about anymore, so I can really focus on my rehab. So we'll see."

The last tournament Zvonareva played was the Olympics last July, where she fell to Serena Williams third round. For someone with so many successes in her career - 12 WTA titles, those two Grand Slam finals, over $13 million in prize money - what does she miss the most while she's away from the tour?

"I think I miss the atmosphere of being on a big arena, playing the biggest matches, and the fans cheering and just appreciating the tennis - that's what I've been practicing all my life for," Zvonareva said. "When you finally get your moment to be there, it's just an amazing feeling. So that's what I miss most - the feeling of being out there in the middle of it all. It's hard work, but it's worth it for that.

"I've had experience with what I'm going through now. And every time I've been injured before, I come back stronger. It gives me a lot of confidence and desire to come back. The difference is I've never really been out for this long. I know how severe my injury was and how difficult it will be to even just start hitting tennis balls again. It's going to be a challenge to come back - but I like challenges.

"I hope to be 100% again soon, come back on the court and see where it will take me."
]

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #98

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of
Congrats Vera

Good to see that she's ready for the challenge of the comeback.. Won't be easy, but I'm confident in her..

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Mini using VerticalSports App

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Old Aug 12th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #99

New Interview for EuroSport Russia

http://t.co/WnqdeHecJd

Don't mind the Google Translator..

Old Dec 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #100
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.e-tennis.me/News/Show/4205
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #101
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Thanks for posting.

Now if only this forum's own Pvt. Kovalenko & Daszmarelli can get some front row seats to see Vera play and get the chance to meet her.
NoExit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 12:27 PM   #102
country flag Phenomareva

Vera's comments after todays match against Li. Makes the loss a bit more irrelevant

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...rned-zvonareva

Li Outdoes Newly-Returned Zvonareva

Li Na beat Vera Zvonareva at the Shenzhen Open in the former World No.2's first match back after 17 months out. How did she feel about that first match back? How has her outlook changed?

Published December 31, 2013 12:12

SHENZHEN, China - Li Na made a winning start to the 2014 season and her title defense at the Shenzhen Open on Tuesday, beating a newly-returned Vera Zvonareva in a close two-setter.

The No.1-seeded Li had lost four of her last five meetings against Zvonareva but after such a great 2013 season - and given Zvonareva had been out of action 17 months due to illness and a shoulder injury - the Chinese had an edge this time, and after an hour and 46 minutes she prevailed, 75 63.

Despite the loss, Zvonareva - who is currently unranked but was given a wildcard into the International-level event - remained positive about just being back in the swing of things again on the tour.

"It felt great," she said. "I enjoyed the atmosphere on the court today. That's what I've been missing for a very long time. It was an excellent opportunity to get that feeling back. I was actually very happy that I got the chance to play Li Na in the first round - it gave me an opportunity to play on center court in front of a big crowd, and I really enjoyed the moment. I got some really great experience out there today.

"I also know what I have to work on and improve, and hopefully I'll do a little bit better next time."

There was certainly no void for Zvonareva during her 17 months off - she kept very busy with shoulder rehab after undergoing surgery, as well as obtaining her degree in international economic relations from the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.

So is her outlook on life - and on tennis - any different now after accomplishing so much off the court?

"I guess it's a little different now," she said. "Everyone grows up and gets more experienced, and I think I'm more mature and experienced than I was before. I've done some other things now. I've seen the world a little bit more outside of tennis. It was different and great, but I'm happy to be back here."

Zvonareva's accomplishments on the court are vast - two-time Grand Slam finalist, former World No.2 - but she's in no hurry to set any goals on this comeback. "The most important thing for me is to enjoy my game and enjoy being out there, playing with no pain, playing big matches and fighting for every point. That's my goal. Whatever happens happens - there's no reason to set something right away.

"I've been on the tour for so many years and now I just want to enjoy playing."

Valeria Savinykh

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 01:34 PM   #103
country flag Salar

Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold Salar is a splendid one to behold

Thank You So Much Phenomareva !
It seems everything was Ok, and she played without pain !

Last edited by Salar : Jan 1st, 2014 at 06:02 AM.
Salar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 08:07 PM   #104
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold NoExit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomareva View Post
Vera's comments after todays match against Li. Makes the loss a bit more irrelevant

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...rned-zvonareva

Li Outdoes Newly-Returned Zvonareva

Li Na beat Vera Zvonareva at the Shenzhen Open in the former World No.2's first match back after 17 months out. How did she feel about that first match back? How has her outlook changed?

Published December 31, 2013 12:12

SHENZHEN, China - Li Na made a winning start to the 2014 season and her title defense at the Shenzhen Open on Tuesday, beating a newly-returned Vera Zvonareva in a close two-setter.

The No.1-seeded Li had lost four of her last five meetings against Zvonareva but after such a great 2013 season - and given Zvonareva had been out of action 17 months due to illness and a shoulder injury - the Chinese had an edge this time, and after an hour and 46 minutes she prevailed, 75 63.

Despite the loss, Zvonareva - who is currently unranked but was given a wildcard into the International-level event - remained positive about just being back in the swing of things again on the tour.

"It felt great," she said. "I enjoyed the atmosphere on the court today. That's what I've been missing for a very long time. It was an excellent opportunity to get that feeling back. I was actually very happy that I got the chance to play Li Na in the first round - it gave me an opportunity to play on center court in front of a big crowd, and I really enjoyed the moment. I got some really great experience out there today.

"I also know what I have to work on and improve, and hopefully I'll do a little bit better next time."

There was certainly no void for Zvonareva during her 17 months off - she kept very busy with shoulder rehab after undergoing surgery, as well as obtaining her degree in international economic relations from the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.

So is her outlook on life - and on tennis - any different now after accomplishing so much off the court?

"I guess it's a little different now," she said. "Everyone grows up and gets more experienced, and I think I'm more mature and experienced than I was before. I've done some other things now. I've seen the world a little bit more outside of tennis. It was different and great, but I'm happy to be back here."

Zvonareva's accomplishments on the court are vast - two-time Grand Slam finalist, former World No.2 - but she's in no hurry to set any goals on this comeback. "The most important thing for me is to enjoy my game and enjoy being out there, playing with no pain, playing big matches and fighting for every point. That's my goal. Whatever happens happens - there's no reason to set something right away.

"I've been on the tour for so many years and now I just want to enjoy playing."
Thanks for posting this dude.
NoExit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 11:57 AM   #105
Shadowcat

Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute Shadowcat has a reputation beyond repute

Great positive words from Vera

“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.”
― Flavia Weedn
Shadowcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote