Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #1441
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Crap, I wanted her to go to Monaco and practise on the clay that matters, now she's "playing" this and afterwards golf time...I officially expect nothing from the clay season
Taking a week off to go watch golf is kind of a luxury that she can't afford with the state of her game.

I'm wondering if the playing of Charleston is because she'll in the area the next week like the playing of Kuala Lumpur with the exhibition against Li (eventually Aga due to Li's injury) the following week.

That'll leave only about half a week to a week to try to work on her game (assuming it wouldn't be a focus on fitness) and adjust to the red clay.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Mar 28th, 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: corrected time estimate
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1442
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh I don't think playing Charleston is really a bad thing. I understand this "I would rather she practiced for the clay season instead" theory, but really when was the last time Caro used a training block well? She doesn't ever seem to use her time off for training well anymore, so I don't really see much of a difference between playing and not playing. Caro might need the points anyway.

Last edited by ozza : Mar 28th, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1443
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if playing or not playing is better. last summer she went 2 full months, late May to late July, without winning a match. Not one match. It didnt help.
But when she overplayed, like winning Brussels after getting to Rome SF, that wiped her out. Either way, it doesnt help her any unless she is really trying hard.

But when you look at all these hardcourt losses to Begu, Mugurusa, Pervak, Sveta.. these are in important tournaments.
If she's not taking Miami seriously.. then what is going on? To me its a real problem with coaching, because no part of her game is improving, and mentally she's fallen apart, to where any player in the draw is a huge worry in any round, any tournament
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #1444
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, the last update from Twitter is that Rory has left to play another competition (if that cheers some of you up)
I don't have a problem with Rory;how can I blame him for having interest in and pursuing Caroline?The irony is,if he were a jerk,then Caro might at least have second thoughts about looking for another relationship...but because they seem to share respect and affection,it's a fair temptation to draw Caro away from peak-level focus.

Still,occasionally-excessive time with Rory is only a symptom of the problem,NOT the cause...and I was dead wrong to place so much blame on the sleazy Adam Scott a couple years ago.Though he IS a lowlife,ANA was the one at fault b/c she prioritized short bursts of sexual gratification over her tennis career and just didn't/doesn't care....It's a little different with Caroline cuz she's in an honorable relationship that has mutual respect...yet the underlying principle is the same.Graf,Clijsters,the SW and even Vika have all had bfs during their tennis careers w/o the same questions about balance that Caro faces,and she well comprehends the distinction between merely having a normal relationship(or SEMI-normal,given the celeb status)...and using that relationship as an excuse to run away from professional commitments sometimes

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1445
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, no reason to expect a good clay season.

I'm watching these matches in Miami, and the level of play is not high. Maria-Vesnina was not well played, neither is Maria-Errani now.
Aga's 3 set matches arent high level.
The old Caro from spring 2011 would be right in the middle of these tournaments.
Yet her game isnt improving, and her head is not as focused as she used to be.
Its almost like she's wasting her career, although she's still young and maybe she needs a vacation from tennis and then restart
Come on, guys, it's not as bad as all that! Caro was in a PM final less than two weeks ago, and overall her results in 2013 so far have been better than 2012. She didn't do well in Miami but that was kinda expected after her long run the week before.

Now I'm looking forward to see what she can do in the clay season. Although I don't think she'll be in contention for any big titles I'm sure she'll do better than last year and move closer to get back into the top 5 where she belongs.
PMBH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #1446
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

They updated the Charleston players list yesterday, Caro still isn't on it!?
http://www.familycirclecup.com/players/field/
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #1447
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
They updated the Charleston players list yesterday, Caro still isn't on it!?
http://www.familycirclecup.com/players/field/
Petkovic definitely got a main draw wildcard (tweet from the tournament) and she isn't listed as well.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #1448
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post
Come on, guys, it's not as bad as all that! Caro was in a PM final less than two weeks ago, and overall her results in 2013 so far have been better than 2012. She didn't do well in Miami but that was kinda expected after her long run the week before.

Now I'm looking forward to see what she can do in the clay season. Although I don't think she'll be in contention for any big titles I'm sure she'll do better than last year and move closer to get back into the top 5 where she belongs.
You might be right that some folks are being pessimistic,but their skepticism is based on Caro's lack of consistency--which is the exact opposite of how she USED to be,and that's why they don't believe that she's really 'back'.Honestly,though,she can silence the doubts simply by having a respectable clay season.However,if she struggles badly for that whole stretch,then it'll be hard to blame anyone for feeling gloomy

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #1449
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post

I dont see how you can view this as better than 2012 so far. Last year she beat Serena in Miami, lost 46 in the 3rd to Maria. Got to Kim, a contender at the AO.
This year her big win so far is Kerber, who (like Caro) took advantage of a QF walkover at IW and is having awful start to 2013.

But lets see how the year unfolds.
I just posted in GM that I thinjk Jankovic can still get back to the top, and I think its possible with Caro.
But not when she goes 8 tournaments losing to concontenders in 5 of them, and only 1 YEC win in 8 tournaments (that a struggling Kerber who was holding her back during the match).
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1450
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro is still in Miami, she will have an autograph session today!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Mar 28th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1451
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Can Rory has misunderstand it, that she only asked for a wildcard, but has not yet got one?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #1452
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You might be right that some folks are being pessimistic,but their skepticism is based on Caro's lack of consistency--which is the exact opposite of how she USED to be,and that's why they don't believe that she's really 'back'.Honestly,though,she can silence the doubts simply by having a respectable clay season.However,if she struggles badly for that whole stretch,then it'll be hard to blame anyone for feeling gloomy
But the thing is that Caro won't always have the level from 2010-2011. That was a very high level which is impossible to sustain forever. I don't think that 2013 is going to be as good as those years, so far it looks like it's going to be better than 2012 though. Clay season is a big chance, I think that's something they should focus on. Good for her that she's entered Charleston, she'll have a good chance to improve her ranking and perhaps win a title on clay. I think it would give her a lot of confidence if she finished her title draught during clay season.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #1453
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would mention this in here for her fans--at the match in Miami on Saturday, I am pretty sure Rory was there to see her play. I didn't personally see him, as my eyes were glued on Garbiñe, but I heard someone just behind me on a changeover say, "can I get one of those too, Rory?" and return to a seat in front of me a few seconds later proudly holding a session ticket with a name signed in Sharpie on it. I couldn't read it, but it was obviously somebody important. I think it was McIlroy. The tournament list of VIPs/celebs said he was there.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #1454
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
But the thing is that Caro won't always have the level from 2010-2011. That was a very high level which is impossible to sustain forever. I don't think that 2013 is going to be as good as those years, so far it looks like it's going to be better than 2012 though. Clay season is a big chance, I think that's something they should focus on. Good for her that she's entered Charleston, she'll have a good chance to improve her ranking and perhaps win a title on clay. I think it would give her a lot of confidence if she finished her title draught during clay season.
You have just cause for feeling pessimistic but,hypothetically speaking,why COULDN'T Caro re-produce something close to her 2010-2011 level??She's still young...and athletic...so IF she had the desire...if she solidifed her serve(VERY attainable),learned when to be aggressive and when to hold back with putaway-type shots(which she's shown occasional,rare flashes of) and improved her net/volleying skills(certainly not inconceivable),she'd be an even BETTER player,overall...even if she didn't match her long stretch at #1.

I suspect that part of the problem is that Caroline doesn't really believe that she can be a Top 3 player again and,for now,is content with being a fringe Top 10 gal...and she's not getting ANY answers from her dad right now on how she could reach that former level...so,to play devil's advocate,why should Caroline make that often-intense sacrifice that elite players make if it's only going to be in vain??Poster MIAH predicts that Piotr will step down at year's end if Caro continues to hit 'the YEC-level wall'.I suppose that's possible but I haven't seen any indicators of that....As long as Caro and her team do the same THINGS,they'll achieve pretty much the same RESULTS

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1455
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You have just cause for feeling pessimistic but,hypothetically speaking,why COULDN'T Caro re-produce something close to her 2010-2011 level??She's still young...and athletic...so IF she had the desire...if she solidifed her serve(VERY attainable),learned when to be aggressive and when to hold back with putaway-type shots(which she's shown occasional,rare flashes of) and improved her net/volleying skills(certainly not inconceivable),she'd be an even BETTER player,overall...even if she didn't match her long stretch at #1.

I suspect that part of the problem is that Caroline doesn't really believe that she can be a Top 3 player again and,for now,is content with being a fringe Top 10 gal...and she's not getting ANY answers from her dad right now on how she could reach that former level...so,to play devil's advocate,why should Caroline make that often-intense sacrifice that elite players make if it's only going to be in vain??Poster MIAH predicts that Piotr will step down at year's end if Caro continues to hit 'the YEC-level wall'.I suppose that's possible but I haven't seen any indicators of that....As long as Caro and her team do the same THINGS,they'll achieve pretty much the same RESULTS
Tbf while I am against Caro's current team situation. We don't know they are doing the same things. They can't be that oblivious to her decline, they have to be doing something (whether it's the right thing is up for debate).

The problem with your first point is there are a lot of other factors in play. For one Caro is clearly carrying a lot of mental baggage now. She has taken a lot of hits to her mental psyche, she maybe be able to rubbish them off in interviews, but it's clear from her matches vs some of the top players (Radwanska the most obvious example) she just doesn't believe she is going to win anymore, she has nowhere near the mental belief she once did. You can't just flick a switch and then that belief comes back.

The longer it goes on, the harder it becomes to brush off tough losses. Back in 2010-11, Caro went into every match with confidence in her game. Even against someone like Kim she probably went on to court relishing the challenge. When you are winning, you relish challenges. Now Caro doesn't have the same confidence in her game, and I get the feeling when she plays some of the top players she doesn't relish playing them at all anymore, she feels beaten before the match even begins. That is hard to overcome.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread