Indian Wells-Miami - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #301
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future
Re: Indian Wells-Miami

Disappointing loss.. Especially, since she played so well last week and starting this one off well. She needs to make a QF already... Hopefully she can clean up her act & I agree she needs to play more MM's. She hasn't been playing well enough in the top tournaments.
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #302
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

general messsages is not a good place if you are a fan of ana even if she is winning, let alone when she loses. one of the reasons those claims that ancitards are oversensitive is ridiculous, especially when they come from people who go all crazy when someone disses their faves.

about the loss, expected and predictable. you can see that ana can play well but it's like she's afraid of winning, so she has to fuck it up whenever she is in a position to win. well, at least against higher ranked players. it doesn't really bother me anymore. if she starts playing smaller tournaments i will believe she got it, until then i don't expect anything.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #303
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that she needs to focus more on the smaller events as these are the ones which are more winnable for her. Look at JJ, the win at Bogota has really cheered her up and provided her with confidence she also lacked. Unlike Ana, who is higher-ranked JJ is still in the competition. Another good example of how can so called MMs help to build a strong contender is Ana's actual opponent, Errani. A year ago she was mocked for being MM queen but look at her, she is still in top 10, consistent and going strong. She is fantastic in doubles, scoring wins over the Williamses with Vinci etc etc.
So, sometimes, less truly is more. If Ana chose a better schedule and went to venues like Brussels instead of Stuttgart or Birmingham instead of Eastbourne it could make a difference.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #304
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Del Moral's client is good example of how MMs can build a strong contender? How come it doesn't work for other girls?

She was #45 at the start of '12, but in September she was #10...after winning 4 singles and 7 doubles titles in '12...WOW!!!! She has played QF at AO, finals in doubles at AO...F at RG and won title in doubles at RG...

A girl who, before RG '12, had 1-37 record against opponents ranked in the top 15....and 0-28 record against players ranked in the top 10 !?!

Shockingly, she said her success was due to a change of racquet...So,my dear Ana...CHANGE YOUR RACQUET!
gloria7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #305
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria7 View Post
Del Moral's client is good example of how MMs can build a strong contender? How come it doesn't work for other girls?

She was #45 at the start of '12, but in September she was #10...after winning 4 singles and 7 doubles titles in '12...WOW!!!! She has played QF at AO, finals in doubles at AO...F at RG and won title in doubles at RG...

A girl who, before RG '12, had 1-37 record against opponents ranked in the top 15....and 0-28 record against players ranked in the top 10 !?!

Shockingly, she said her success was due to a change of racquet...So,my dear Ana...CHANGE YOUR RACQUET!
Well, I was never thinking in that direction, but Sara does play too much, it may look suspicious that she doesn't burn out, even Kerber and Aga did and they are both hard workers. But in general, I don't want to accuse anyone of something like that.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #306
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Pure speculation, I'm afraid. Plus, a racquet change does make some sense. Sara is short and that can be a disadvantage so the longer racquet can be helpful for her. Anyhow, winning so called MMs could help Ana to improve and to become a stronger competitor.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #307
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

OMG guys, I oficially quit General messages for now. I can't defend Ana from all those bad people. They are so bad. Why? How can anyone act so bad?!
I will be there again (just maybe) when Ana makes great results during clay season.

Still, I can't believe she will not play a single match before Fed cup. That is 25 days! Ana please enter Katowice.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #7
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #308
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
OMG guys, I oficially quit General messages for now. I can't defend Ana from all those bad people. They are so bad. Why? How can anyone act so bad?!
I will be there again (just maybe) when Ana makes great results during clay season.

Still, I can't believe she will not play a single match before Fed cup. That is 25 days! Ana please enter Katowice.
And you haven't even seen them at their worst... GM is called General Morons amongst some of the fans for a reason. A lot of people there is using this board to vent their personal frustrations, sometimes they hate on players on a personal level,too...
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #309
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #310
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't with this facebook post..

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic
I am so happy to be playing the Abierto de Tenis Monterrey! I have such good memories of visiting Mexico, both for junior tournaments and also for an amazing holiday. I played some of my best tennis in Miami and I when you're in good form I think it's good to try to capitalise on that, and play another tournament
OMG.. she feels she played some of her best tennis... yet couldn't even reach a QF! That's just sad.. She lost like always.. brilliant 3 games are usual and worthless.. I can't believe Ana is unable to see her own patterns.. her opponents sure take maximum advantage of how obvious her patterns are.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #311
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I just can't with this facebook post..

OMG.. she feels she played some of her best tennis... yet couldn't even reach a QF! That's just sad.. She lost like always.. brilliant 3 games are usual and worthless.. I can't believe Ana is unable to see her own patterns.. her opponents sure take maximum advantage of how obvious her patterns are.
Hmm, well I'm a club player, and after a while even I can pick up on my bad patterns. Ana's a pro .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #312
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Ana did play great tennis in Miami, but after great tennis she played not-so-great tennis. That's true.

Let's go to Monterrey now! I am surprised but happy to see Ana in Mexico!
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #7
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham,
Tokyo
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #313
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Well, Ana did play great tennis in Miami, but after great tennis she played not-so-great tennis. That's true.

Let's go to Monterrey now! I am surprised but happy to see Ana in Mexico!
A title will be icing on cake.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #314
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad she's going to play, but as I suggested in the other thread, I'm sceptical about how far she'll go there. I also think Charleston would have been a better choice given that its on green clay, but beggars can't be choosers

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #315
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

If she thinks she's in good form, it's the best thing for her to play. Finally some rational decision. She always takes some vacations and breaks after tough losses, good to know she's eager to play.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote