Music Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #76
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Lots of bands have claimed to be the loudest. The Who may have been the first. I believe Deep Purple were another. Of course no one is louder than Spinal Tap. "These go to eleven."

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #77
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Been taking a trip down memory lane with Slade. The name probably won't ring a bell, but they were huge in the days of my youth.
"Won't ring a bell"??? I've played air-guitar to Slade, Sweet and Suzi Quatro more than to any other artists!
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #78
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
"Won't ring a bell"??? I've played air-guitar to Slade, Sweet and Suzi Quatro more than to any other artists!
Hey! What about Mud?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #79
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hey! What about Mud?
Nope, they didn't trigger the air-guitar.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #80
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was a virtuoso on the tennis racquet, albeit to the sound of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Cream and so on. I liked Slade as well though - a real kick ass rock'n'roll band.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #81
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope, they didn't trigger the air-guitar.
Never cared for Mud either. They were stricktly teenybopper for me.

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #82
country flag Yksi

Quote:
I was a virtuoso on the tennis racquet
Air-guitar and badminton racquet for me.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #83
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I don't disagree. It's safe to say that both Slade and Motorhead were about as loud as it gets. Not that that is much of an achievement in itself. After all, "it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing."
Well,like MaricaInAHole posted,there are lots of groups who've tried to promote themselves as the loudest,but you are correct that it doesn't stand for much without talent.I knew a rocker back in the U.S. who loved some of the harder,older Iron Maiden stuff(from before Dickinson's joining the group),and he went to see Accept once...and referred to them afterwards as 'a big cloud of noise'

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #84
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,like MaricaInAHole posted,there are lots of groups who've tried to promote themselves as the loudest,but you are correct that it doesn't stand for much without talent.I knew a rocker back in the U.S. who loved some of the harder,older Iron Maiden stuff(from before Dickinson's joining the group),and he went to see Accept once...and referred to them afterwards as 'a big cloud of noise'
Peggy Lee (totally different genre of course) did the opposite. In her early pre-fame days when she had to sing for often rowdy and boorish crowds that didn't pay much attention she said that her tactic to make them listen was singing softly. Than they would have to keep quiet themselves or they wouldn't hear what was going on onstage. And it nearly always worked she said.

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #85
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Peggy Lee (totally different genre of course) did the opposite. In her early pre-fame days when she had to sing for often rowdy and boorish crowds that didn't pay much attention she said that her tactic to make them listen was singing softly. Than they would have to keep quiet themselves or they wouldn't hear what was going on onstage. And it nearly always worked she said.
Btw,that word I used resembles a profane word,but it means something else in Mexican Spanish....That's an interesting bit of psychology that Peggy Lee used.My mom told me a story about Dionne Warwick who got VERY angry and told a single fan to sit down--that she wasn't finished--when he got up and left his seat.He then replied,'My psychic advisor told me that I'd shit my pants if I didn't go to the bathroom right now'

.....He didn't actually say that,but he DID merely get up to use the bathroom,he mentioned to a reporter afterwards.It would have been nice if he HAD made the comment above,don't you think?

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #86
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Btw,that word I used resembles a profane word,but it means something else in Mexican Spanish....That's an interesting bit of psychology that Peggy Lee used.My mom told me a story about Dionne Warwick who got VERY angry and told a single fan to sit down--that she wasn't finished--when he got up and left his seat.He then replied,'My psychic advisor told me that I'd shit my pants if I didn't go to the bathroom right now'

.....He didn't actually say that,but he DID merely get up to use the bathroom,he mentioned to a reporter afterwards.It would have been nice if he HAD made the comment above,don't you think?

Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #87
country flag bruce goose

Unfortunately,so many younger musical acts languish in frustrated creativity because THIS duo sets the bar of excellence so very high:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwRVebPZaXU

Can't wait to see 'em when they come to Mexico on their international tour

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #88
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Avril's back

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #89
country flag bruce goose

Here's an R&B classic from Inez and Charlie Foxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGz39W8DX68

Old Apr 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #90
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Psy's new single 'Gentleman' .. The follow-up to Gangnam Style :

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...m-style-listen

I just can't

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote