Anett Kontaveit - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #1651
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett wins 6-3 6-3
Played well when she had to and played amazingly in the last game
That winner on MP
She would have smashed McHale if she was consistent

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1652
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

The stream quality was good but it froze all the time, looks like they need a better server for that.

I'm not too impressed by that first match to be honest, hopefully she gets better in the next ones The commentators mentioned her biggest weakness is serving.

Next up is Magda Linette.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1653
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
The stream quality was good but it froze all the time, looks like they need a better server for that.
It did improve towards the end.

But then it might have been cause lots of people closed their streams.

Last edited by Meelis : Mar 26th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #1654
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #1655
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post

I'm not too impressed by that first match to be honest, hopefully she gets better in the next ones The commentators mentioned her biggest weakness is serving.

Next up is Magda Linette.
I agree. I know she held every game except one but Silich was hardly an agressive returner...
Anett played well and bad at the same time
Now Win

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1656
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

2nd match tomorrow, this means I can't watch again
Anett plays doubles with Ostapenko and they face the 1st seeds Jugic-Salkic/Sadikovic. However, Amra retired today (against Mervana ).
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1657
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I agree. I know she held every game except one
She was broken twice.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #1658
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
2nd match tomorrow, this means I can't watch again
Apparently Anett requested her matches to be played in the mornings. Perks of home tournament
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1659
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Apparently Anett requested her matches to be played in the mornings. Perks of home tournament
It's good for me

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1660
country flag chingching

Anett lost 6-2 4-6 6-2
Linette was good but from what I have seen Anett is worse than last year
Way too many unforced errors and serve is basically atrocious.
Had opportunities in the 3rd like when Linette missed the ballw hen she was on top of the net
Still, a good experience I guess and 8 Points but in reality a disappointing showing, especially given that it is at home
Still, I think Jelena and her must get a walkover as Mervana withdrew today
She would have had the perfect draw to the Finals: Leykina and then Sasnovich/Vogt/Vinogradova

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1661
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Bad match from Anett. With such performances, top 200 is far away.

Actually lost a point compared to year away. Despite getting 5 points from Miami as a gift. Now has quite a few points to defend in the coming weeks. Not very likely, but ight even drop out of top 400 again.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #1662
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Very disappointing indeed. No progress whatsoever comparing to the last year, it actually looks more like a regress indeed. Wouldn't hurt to improve fitness as well.

So next up is Edgbaston which deciding by the entry list is of similar level to Tallinn, but first she needs to qualify of course which with that kind of form is questionable.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #1663
country flag chingching

I think that she actually at times didn't play agressively enough to justify how many errors she was making. Her depth when she was playing well was excellent but she was hitting so much in the net. She had great success when coming to net but then gave up
She does need to get faster
Still, she has Doubles Is that streamed?

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #1664
country flag muusa

No, they said there will be no more streams.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1665
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Still, she has Doubles Is that streamed?
Of course not.

Received a walkover win today (but it gives no points).