Tennis Forum banner

Nike Maria Sharapova Collection

465K views 4K replies 265 participants last post by  Twerkpova 
#1 · (Edited)

Check this out! Maria and her team at Nike put together a really cool lookbook about her Australian Open 2010 dress and her new clothing collection under her name (Kai-Chen Chang, Julia Goerges, Anastasia Pivovarova and Madison Keys will be wearing them). There are 2 videos inside with few pictures of her Australian Open 2010 dress. The videos are interesting to watch as maria explains the process of designing her dresses throughout her career.

Maria Sharapova OZ 2010 Lookbook by Nike

This is her 2010 Australian Open Dress:

and I think this will be the Nike Maria Sharapova collection that would be worn by Chang, Goerges, Pivovarova and Keys

See less See more
Reactions: Giorgiboy
#2,099 · (Edited)
oh my
what a dress to defend your title in :spit:

not.

it looks like a Stella for Adidas reject dress (and thats saying something :secret:) it's obvious by the choice of strap colour that Masha no longer has free reign to design her line, because the colour scheme for the Nike clay season includes that exact neon shade. I do like lilac/purple on her however.

OTOH the Wimbledon dress is pretty.

Could her slam outfits be more disappointing :lol:

#2,104 ·
Well I would like to see something 'pretty' on Masha sooner or later.
It's been linear, athletic and functional for the past two years now :eek:

I mean you can really push the boat out on the design detail at Wimbledon, and though cute, its nothing special.
though last year I hated the look of her RG dress and in real life I loved it - especially with those red pants :oh:

maybe it'll be a grower - maybe the colours will look fresher and less blah on camera because I really like lilac. she should've opted for something similar to the USO 05 dress in my sig :oh:

#2,106 ·
I feel a little ill everytime I see the neon green straps. I soooo want that other colour scheme. Hopefully its the the AO when there were about three different colour variations revealed.

I know Chris. I want an AO 2010, RG 2008/06 or US Open 2006/07 moment :hysteric:

#2,111 ·
wimbli dress looks nice , RG dress :facepalm: she doesn't have any influence on colors and designs any more :sad: tipical commercialpova dress :sad: just hope that pant won't be neon like lines :rolleyes: that would be total flop :(
maybe i'll like when she wears, i didn't like last year RG dress but red pants were cool :worship: and with the trophy beside her it didn't matter at the end :cool:

#2,112 ·
wimbli dress looks nice , RG dress :facepalm: she doesn't have any influence on colors and designs any more :sad: tipical commercialpova dress :sad: just hope that pant won't be neon like lines :rolleyes: that would be total flop :(
maybe i'll like when she wears, i didn't like last year RG dress but red pants were cool :worship: and with the trophy beside her it didn't matter at the end :cool:
Im sure thats not true. She just has a different agenda these days. Its about business, making $$$ and appealing to a wider audience thus not being able to take anywhere near as many fashion risks that she could take pre 2011.

#2,114 ·
I mean tbf Rena is wearing the same dark lilac shade as Masha so it's not like she is the one breaking out the creative wand.
I personally think Nike have just turned more and more into a corporate machine - and not even the WTA's two biggest stars can break out of the mould. Maybe the players come up with ideas for the silhouette, but I'm pretty sure the Nike team take over with the colour scheme and present that to the players in different mock-ups

You can bet that Roger and Rafa will be wearing similar colours - particularly Rafa who'll most likely wear purple and neon.

#2,116 ·
I mean tbf Rena is wearing the same dark lilac shade as Masha so it's not like she is the one breaking out the creative wand.
I personally think Nike have just turned more and more into a corporate machine - and not even the WTA's two biggest stars can break out of the mould. Maybe the players come up with ideas for the silhouette, but I'm pretty sure the Nike team take over with the colour scheme and present that to the players in different mock-ups

You can bet that Roger and Rafa will be wearing similar colours - particularly Rafa who'll most likely wear purple and neon.

That's Roger, actually. :oh: Either a violet shirt with a green swoosh or a mint shirt with a dark blue swoosh. Looks to be matching Masha at the FO....
Rafa in white/orange and pastels, actually. :lol:

#2,118 ·
The Wimbledon dress is pretty but the RG one :sobbing: I don't like anything about it not the design and definitely not the colours just this bright green with the purple doesn't work for me at all :eek: and it's really too bad it's for the french since she is defending champion and last year's dress was the best outfit she's had since she started wearing more commercial stuff. I hope that I'll change my mind when I see it in better pictures. So far there haven't been any outfits of Maria that I hated but this one might bethe exception :tape: Why Maria why :crying2:

#2,120 ·
as for me almost all what Nike is doing currently in the field of outfits for tennis players is uniform and boring , for instance from Maria's dresses i admired just a few (like black dresses), but on the background of hideous collections by Adidas Nike looks quite good.

#2,126 ·
Wimbledon is easily better than last years AO remake dress :eek:. I don't understand her obsession with green straps :lol:. I like the RG dress a lot, she's on-trend with the optical illusion dresses that make you seem twice your size...Kate Winslet rocked that style last year :hearts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.