Alexandra Cadantu - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #706
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Cadantu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
and Alex lost to Domachowska last year on green clay

not that bad loss anyway
For once I agree with you. I checked some other results and many raw claycourters got dismissed by big hitters in Q already, so I don't know if this result can classify as an ordinary claycourt match.

Siniakova took a set of Muguruza in Miami, so it shows what she is capable of at the moment and I guess this surface in Osprey is closer to the Miami courts than we might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Actually quite expected loss, since out of her last 18 matches she only won 3...
But to lose to no. 821...
Siniakova will probably sky rocket the rankings in the next couple of months, though.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #707
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

Siniakova will probably sky rocket the rankings in the next couple of months, though.

No doubt about that, she's only 16 and she has some good years of tennis ahead of her.
This doesn't make today's result less embarrassing for Cadantu, though.
They played today and today they are ranked 119 (Cadantu) and 821 (Siniakova), one will probably sky rocket the rankings and the other has some years of experience and some matches with top 50 players. If she goes on court thinking that she plays with someone who WILL BECOME a great player in the next few years or with someone who USED to be a great player a couple of years ago, she's better off the court.

Last edited by Belle de Jour : Mar 28th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #708
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

However rankings are hardly an indicator for current form.

We will see how Siniakova will play her next matches this week. That should give us more info about the standings.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #709

Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute Belle de Jour has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tell you how
Siniakova will lose to Falconi, or, if by some mistake Falconi loses this one, she'll lose to whomever she'll play in the quaterfinal
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #710
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No doubt about that, she's only 16 and she has some good years of tennis ahead of her.
This doesn't make today's result less embarrassing for Cadantu, though.
They played today and today they are ranked 119 (Cadantu) and 821 (Siniakova)
Kat is already beating Top 100 players (Mandy Minella in Miami), so Top 200 is nothing for her
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #711
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #712
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Siniakova will lose to Falconi, or, if by some mistake Falconi loses this one, she'll lose to whomever she'll play in the quaterfinal
(JE)Katerina Siniakova (CZE) d. (wc)Irina Falconi (USA) 62 61
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #713

Hahah, no mistake there, Falconi only won 3 games
But I still think Siniakova's run will end in the qf. Who will she play next? Hlavackova or Sirotkina?
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #714
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She can definitely beat Sirotkina who is no GOAT and has little experience on clay.

That said, Siniakova is Czech AND Russian so you can expect anything from her
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
She can definitely beat Sirotkina who is no GOAT and has little experience on clay.

That said, Siniakova is Czech AND Russian so you can expect anything from her
You were right:
Siniakova def. Sirotkina 63 60
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #716

Quote:
However rankings are hardly an indicator for current form.

We will see how Siniakova will play her next matches this week. That should give us more info about the standings.
I have to admit I was wrong, sir. Please accept my apologies
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #717
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, of course Siniakova is no world beater, but she is trashing solid Top 200 players left and right and even took a set of an in form Muguruza which in my opinion is even more remarkable. In short, this girl is playing decent Top 100 tennis at the moment.

As for Alexandra, let's hope for a better draw in Charleston, because this is were the big points are distributed. She will have to schedule smartly this year as well to maintain her ranking.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #718
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Charleston, Main Draw:

R1 vs. Madison Keys
R2 vs. Paszek or Qualifier

Interesting, very interesting.

Streams should be available.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #719
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

it's a good draw IMO...she can win two rounds

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #720
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For once I agree with you. I checked some other results and many raw claycourters got dismissed by big hitters in Q already, so I don't know if this result can classify as an ordinary claycourt match.

Siniakova took a set of Muguruza in Miami, so it shows what she is capable of at the moment and I guess this surface in Osprey is closer to the Miami courts than we might think.

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote