Miami Chat Thread - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #361
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
And Serena still comes back from 2-5 down in the second set to win 6-3, 7-6. She is just too good for everybody. Mental toughness for miles.
She's too good and too many of the other women are too mentally frail, but I wouldn't say Serena's mentally tough. That 1st round at the FO last year comes to mind.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #362
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

So that was unexpected

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #363
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

If Serena wins Miami in this form playing like crap all her matches , WTA should try other players , because this top 100 is useless

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #364
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Injury was the only reason Serena didn't win the Aussie Open. Injury and illness were why she didn't win Doha. And injury today was the only reason Li Na was even in that second set. Serena really should be undefeated this year and about to win her 4th title in 4 tournaments.

It's still a continuation of last summer. She remains far superior to everybody else and nobody is in her zip code. Her health is going to dictate what happens in every tournament she enters in 2013.(Of course, players need to take advantage of tourneys she doesn't play) If she's close to 100%, she's going to win all the big ones. If she's hampered by something, the door opens slightly for Maria, Vika, Na, Petra, Agi, and maybe a few others to vulture whatever titles they can. And Azarenka already did just that in Melbourne and Qatar. Maria did that at IW. Pounce when you can.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #365
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Injury was the only reason Serena didn't win the Aussie Open. Injury and illness were why she didn't win Doha. And injury today was the only reason Li Na was even in that second set. Serena really should be undefeated this year and about to win her 4th title in 4 tournaments.

It's still a continuation of last summer. She remains far superior to everybody else and nobody is in her zip code. Her health is going to dictate what happens in every tournament she enters in 2013.(Of course, players need to take advantage of tourneys she doesn't play) If she's close to 100%, she's going to win all the big ones. If she's hampered by something, the door opens slightly for Maria, Vika, Na, Petra, Agi, and maybe a few others to vulture whatever titles they can. And Azarenka already did just that in Melbourne and Qatar. Maria did that at IW. Pounce when you can.
so true, but it's not like Serena is playing like GOAT , she hasn't been playing like GOAT since Olympics with her only GOAT match at YEC Final , all the rest was far from high quality tennis , definitely below Serena's capacities ... But current top 10 of WTA are complete mugs , just a bunch of "Ferrers" and Masha who might have had chances is unlucky to be the one who motivates Serena to return to GOAT mode for the match against her.

If we have Serena-Maria match in Miami, Serena will serve 10 aces , and will have 25W- 14UE stats

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #366
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
If Serena wins Miami in this form playing like crap all her matches , WTA should try other players , because this top 100 is useless
Well, it's not like Maria or Rad have been near exceptional here either.

No one else playing has that serve, the movement, the ground strokes and enough consistency to keep up with her. With perhaps the exception of Vika, Serena is the only complete player on the WTA.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #367
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
so true, but it's not like Serena is playing like GOAT , she hasn't been playing like GOAT since Olympics with her only GOAT match at YEC Final , all the rest was far from high quality tennis , definitely below Serena's capacities ... But current top 10 of WTA are complete mugs , just a bunch of "Ferrers" and Masha who might have had chances is unlucky to be the one who motivates Serena to return to GOAT mode for the match against her.

If we have Serena-Maria match in Miami, Serena will serve 10 aces , and will have 25W- 14UE stats
Maria will have to go with a W/UE of 30/10 then.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #368
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Well, it's not like Maria or Rad have been near exceptional here either.
conclusion - level of women's tennis is below pathetic

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #369
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

this kind of Williams arse licking is why I don't bother coming into their game threads anymore
Do we have to forget all the matches where mentally weak scrubs choked to her in winning position? Zheng Jie in Wimbledon last year? Azarenka freezing in fear when serving for US Open title last year? Are we watching the same matches or maybe you guys just disregard anything and go with the "GOAT" mantra no matter what? I don't know a single player in history who would worshiped as much as this obnoxious bully...she can thank her lucky stars that Maria turned into mental mess whenever she sees her on the other side of the court and Henin retired prematurely, since belgian is by FAR more talented player than that ballbasher. There, I said it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #370
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria will have to go with a W/UE of 30/10 then.
you are such an optimist , Serena will hit a pair of breathtaking winners and one-two out of this world ROS , after that Maria will flop as usual even if Serena will be hitting 80mph serves

Maria is playing in Miami as if she wants to be a perfect victim for Radwanska or Serena, she just can't win this tournament playing like this. She can do it playing like vs Kirilenko/Caro in IW , but she can't take this game on this surface for some reason (maybe because of wind )

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #371
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

yeah she is injured now, but when she faces maria in final she will be bring the best tennis in tournament and crash her again

maybe aga can revenge wimbli in SF?

if maria want to beat serena she need to improve her game in next matches then she will have chance if serena continues going by with that crappy game lately, movement, everything was bad, better that yesterday, but thats not GOAT serena
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #372
country flag Icky80

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's pathetic. It's mediocre Nevermind how competitive the big four are with each other, because I always think it's unfair to compare tours.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #373
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Serena wasn't in full form in Doha either but she managed to battle it out with Petra and STILL brush Masha aside like it was nothing. She's winning Miami this year.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #374
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
this kind of Williams arse licking is why I don't bother coming into their game threads anymore
Do we have to forget all the matches where mentally weak scrubs choked to her in winning position? Zheng Jie in Wimbledon last year? Azarenka freezing in fear when serving for US Open title last year? Are we watching the same matches or maybe you guys just disregard anything and go with the "GOAT" mantra no matter what? I don't know a single player in history who would worshiped as much as this obnoxious bully...she can thank her lucky stars that Maria turned into mental mess whenever she sees her on the other side of the court and Henin retired prematurely, since belgian is by FAR more talented player than that ballbasher. There, I said it

i think current Serena(of 2013) would have struggled to win a set against Davenport, Capriati, Henin, Hingis, Schnyder, Dementieva even not at their peak

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #375
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's true and it's been the case for several years going now. Azarenka finally broke through after years on tour and Petra had a brief moment in 2011. But, other than that, where are the young up and coming stars on the WTA to challenge an older player like Serena? Maria was the last young phenom and that was almost 9 years ago.

And what has happened to the serving on tour? Whether it's Maria, Vika, Na, Petra, Stosur, Woz, and, heck, you can probably name every player other than Serena, their serves have been so prone to breaking down and being unreliable when needed most. I cringe at the serving in women's tennis and it's the biggest reason why Serena can consistently survive matches where she plays poorly. Hers is unshakable.

The bottom line is, nobody has the complete game and mental capacity to challenge Serena, even at 31-years-old and injury-prone.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote