Your tennis results?! - Page 86 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM   #1276
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Today I won 4-5 ret. . He felt sick. I was down 1-4 and playing like a wreck, but I was starting to play better and 'cause of my 'new serve' wasn't serving that good at the start. I couldn't tell he was sick honestly. My higher toss was starting to pay off too. I was serving some good ones - even one ace . Not easy to do on the slow cement. I'm a bit excited. Tennis is all about small tweaks .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM   #1277
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
I wish I could play on HC besides practice. Artificial grass doesn't suit me that much and I have to play on it like every club match.
I'd hate to play on fake grass all the time, most of our courts here are clay. I played on clay at my old club, I get excited when i play on clay courts since its my best surface. At least with HC I don't have to worry about sand/clay getting into my shoes
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »

Last edited by aussiesharapova : Mar 21st, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 06:16 AM   #1278
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesharapova View Post
I'd hate to play on fake grass all the time, most of our courts here are clay. I played on clay on my old club, I get excited when i play on clay courts since its my best surface. At least with HC I don't have to worry about sand/clay getting into my shoes
Weird, I don't think there's really any clay in NZ.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:55 AM   #1279
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Every player at every level has a pigeon, and I played mine last night. I jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the first set (as usual), eased up on the gas a little (again, as usual) and wound up winning the set 6-3. My opponent came out firing in the second, breaking me at 1-2 and the holding to take a 4-1 lead. After I got over the shock, I regained my focus and ran off five straight games to close out the match. I had lost my previous two matches, so this guy came right on time.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 04:29 AM   #1280
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I am certain that there are no clay courts here in Windy Welly. Which city do you play at?

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM   #1281
Quiche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
I am certain that there are no clay courts here in Windy Welly. Which city do you play at?
New Plymouth.

Anywho, today I lost 3 & 4. It's an improvement. I lost to the same guy 2 & 0 late last year . And today I was much better mentally so I'm kinda happy about that. I found it quite interesting how little frustration I felt, even though my physical game was pretty bad today. I would've lost my shit in past weeks so that's a definite growth .

A ton of deuce games - nearly every one was in fact, because he was serving badly and I was returning badly . I had 4-2 0-30 in set 2 so I'm a bit bummed about that but I'm happy I proved to myself I can stay calm even when I'm not playing well.

My last match would be the Saturday after next but I'm going away, so that's my tennis done for a little while . I'm looking forward to resuming lessons with the coach. Lots to improve .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:34 PM   #1282
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

You'll get that win soon.

No play for me today. Weather way too bad in London. It's weird, because on this day a year ago, I was out playing and it was 25'C outside. Perfect weather. Today it was about 0'C.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1283
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Playing in a NTRP 4.0 round robin singles tournament tomorrow. Havent played much this winter, so am not expecting much. The format of matches being just one 6 game set is also bad, as I tend to be a very slow starter.

Hoping for the best!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #1284
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

I rarely get to play to play tennis. It REALLY sucks... but just the past few weeks I got to play with one of the few people who play tennis with me, and he is amazing. So much power and placement and good net skills too. He usually beats me easily, but this time was a little different...

We mainly play on HC, every now and then on green clay. This match was on HC. The match started off with him immediately breaking me for 0-1 (which isn't unusual), but I fought hard and got it back on serve at 2-1. We kept on going and holding serve ( which is very surprising for me ). He was serving down 4-5 40-15, and I started to focus a little bit on my next service game. We RARELY play tiebreaks, so I was a bit excited one was about to happen. Then he started throwing in errors, and before you know it I had SET POINT. I honestly was shocked because I never win more than a few games (at the most) each set. Lo and behold, he hits one way out, and I have the first set 6-4! I did a little fist pump

The second set started like most of the first. We each held until 2-2 where I was serving, and he won the next 4 games with ease. It's like he did a 180. His forehands became much more powerful, and even his backhands got more angle on them than ever before. He took the set 6-2, which is usually how it turns out

The next set I knew was going to be tough. He admitted before the match that he hadn't played in weeks, and it showed throughout the first 2 sets. But, he started finding form, and I knew I had to focus (I get down on myself too quickly, honestly.) I got the initial break to go up serving 3-1, and we kept trading breaks from there on out... 3-1 to 2-3, then I go up 4-2, for him to break for 3-4. I had I think 3 break points to go up 5-3 and serve for the match, but some errant decision-making on my part was my downfall. I kept a smile on my face though because I was playing better than ever, and I was having a blast out there. (this wasn't for a club or team or anything, we just like to try to play every single week so we play often) He eventually holds for 4-4, and he then breaks me (after I had 2-3 game points) to serve for the match. I make 3 bad returns in a row, so he's up 40-0. I knew it was over. Then, I make a decent return, and he gives me 2 errors. I was back in this game... if I could just get one more point... he throws in a great serve, my return is a puffball, and he puts it away with a down the line forehand (on my forehand side.)

Anonymous def. tildeloltilde 4-6 6-2 6-4

Overall it was amazing because I struggle to win games against this guy, so I was elated. I had a blister on my finger that hurt like a bitch, but I didn't care. It was all worth it

Too bad the next time we played we played 4 full sets and I only won 5 games

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #1285
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? That i find a bit weird.

Quote:
My last match would be the Saturday after next but I'm going away, so that's my tennis done for a little while . I'm looking forward to resuming lessons with the coach. Lots to improve .
I totally regret quitting lessons since it led to 2 seasons of disastrous results (and 2 bung ankles) cuz I lost all feel for my game, but I'm glad I'll be starting again sometime next month. I just hope I can get back to winning ways soon..
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #1286
country flag jpaulo1610

jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice jpaulo1610 is just really nice

crazy
jpaulo1610 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #1287
Quiche

I served OK last Saturday (only 2 DFs actually! probably due to my improved composure) but I realized when I practiced my serve yesterday I didn't even implement my technical change on Saturday . My toss was high, like it was supposed to be, but the rest of my serve was the same. I was supposed to have actually served with a straight arm, 'cause that was one thing missing from my previous serve despite it being OK for a club serve .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #1288
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

I am a king of comebacks
Played in a city tournament final. It was a decisive tie-break, and I was losing 4-6 on TB (double championship point), then came back to win 8-6 and the tournament
Like 2 times, my partner had 5-1 lead with a SP, then I won 7-5.
Won sets multiple times when the opponent had one or two setballs.
Just bragging about myself
*strong as nails*
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #1289
country flag ohnoitsmchl

ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light ohnoitsmchl is a glorious beacon of light

First match of my high school tennis season is coming up this Monday... let's see how it goes! Lol last week I was playing very well, but of course this week I was off and playing badly
ohnoitsmchl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #1290
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Played a seriously messy match today against my buddy. We are both total ball bashers but I have the advantage of barely ever double faulting while he double faults 10 times a match
Lost the first set 5-7- Total choke while I had 3 set points
Won second 6-2- All I had to do was keep the ball in and he hit the fence
Won third 7-5- We actually started playing really well from 3-3 and had you know RALLY'S for once in this match

Winning ugly!