Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #721
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
She did the exact same thing at IW which lead to playing herself into form
For all you know she could be fatigued, but she still dropped only 4 games and has yet to drop a set. Just take it round by round and stop jumping the gun to the final. It's not like Rena or Na are playing GOAT tennis. One lost a 5-1 lead to scrub (no offence) and one was 62 41 down
When Serena changed the gear in her gearbox she won 10-2 after being 2-4 in the second. And Cibulkova was moving well , could handle Serena's pace and returning quite well , still it turned one-sided.. Williams was hitting winners after winners, barely making UE, and it happend after something like 3W - 2UE of the first set . We all know how can Serena play versus Maria , her gears will in the right position before first game.

Anyway, for Maria is really important to reach this Final. The more chances - the better . she is still young , so might win her 8th Final in Miami in 2016

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #722
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
She did the exact same thing at IW which lead to playing herself into form
For all you know she could be fatigued, but she still dropped only 4 games and has yet to drop a set. Just take it round by round and stop jumping the gun to the final. It's not like Rena or Na are playing GOAT tennis. One lost a 5-1 lead to scrub (no offence) and one was 62 41 down
Absolutely agreed. Rena, Aga and Li played way worse than Masha but I hope she will improve herselt as it happened in IW.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #723
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

btw Nasha, you're comparing Serena to Maria.
Serena has the ability to turn it on, Maria doesn't. So she works at it throughout the entire match.

I'd just be happy my fave can stay consistent throughout the match and win in straights - then go walkabouts and forget to play tennis until she absolutely has to.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #724
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
btw Nasha, you're comparing Serena to Maria.
Serena has the ability to turn it on, Maria doesn't. So she works at it throughout the entire match.

I'd just be happy my fave can stay consistent throughout the match and win in straights - then go walkabouts and forget to play tennis until she absolutely has to.
Maria can also turn it around (Rome 2012) , but not against Serena , who can be beaten if you stay in the match game to game close or leading from the beginning to the end.

I'm more disappointed that i don't see any significant improvements , in every set she still has a serve game , which is playing using only 2nd serves ... We all know that Serena will never let her opponent win serve game without first serves. And this playing in the middle of the court is really

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #725
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Maria can also turn it around (Rome 2012) , but not against Serena , who can be beaten if you stay in the match game to game close or leading from the beginning to the end.

I'm more disappointed that i don't see any significant improvements , in every set she still has a serve game , which is playing using only 2nd serves ... We all know that Serena will never let her opponent win serve game without first serves. And this playing in the middle of the court is really
Which is tactically perfect against certain players, like Klara Zakopalova She is yet to drop a set over the past 3 weeks and people are STILL complaining. What do you expect? Her to walk away from a match with 98% 1st serve percentage, 0DFs, 30 winners, 2 unforced errors and 10 aces??
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #726
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

wll done for win, but for errani she need to pull the best of herself, that match was unwatchable last night. so many errors on both side, but win is a win.

she has now one day to rest and prepare and it should be win in 2 sets i hope
with no drama, please maria
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #727
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I missed every match expect for a short part of that mess vs Vesnina! She needs to raise her level a bit if she wants to beat Sara in straights, because for sure Sara isn't going to gift her anything! Day of rest today right?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #728
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
after Zakopalova's match i don't see how Maria can beat Serena or even Na here , Masha is playing tactically wrong , this pushing into the center instead of attacking , despite having enough time to set up for her shots .. Sometimes she can play 4-5 points in a row like this ...... '

Serena can switch the gear and ace-ace-ace , and return bash-bash-bash on the lines, she has alredy shown in Miami that if she cares she can reduce errors, improve serve immediately. It looks like her WTA Championships, in which her best match was in Final.

while Maria is playing like in Doha and this game might be enough only for current Azarenka , who is absent

all this is sad
I was thinking exactly the same thing. The AO SF was an example why people say she doesn't have a plan B. Sometimes hitting in the middle of the court worked really well, but when it didn't she stubbornly sticked to it instead of resorting to ballbashing and going for her shots. Pushing always gets brutally punished when a ballbasher has a good day.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #729
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i haven´t seen the match but hopefully Maria was playing better than against Vesnina, next match should be easy for Maria, good luck

oh, and that Domi - Serena match was really interesting, too bad that Domi has not a good serve, she would have won that match i think, if Serena will play against Li like she did yesterday, Li will win in two sets, but we all know that Serena´s time to is always after Wimbledon, this tournament always give her so confidence into next months and she is really tough to play

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic

Last edited by Joelina : Mar 26th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #730
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Which is tactically perfect against certain players, like Klara Zakopalova She is yet to drop a set over the past 3 weeks and people are STILL complaining. What do you expect? Her to walk away from a match with 98% 1st serve percentage, 0DFs, 30 winners, 2 unforced errors and 10 aces??
she played in IW better than now, that's why i'm complaining , and she played tactically better , was more agressive.

In Miami her tennis is more about serve, while at IW she was able to win matches easily with her 2nd serve, because her next shot after serve was more agressive than usual ..... Now she is playing like versus Li at AO and like in Doha.... deja vu

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #731
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing. The AO SF was an example why people say she doesn't have a plan B. Sometimes hitting in the middle of the court worked really well, but when it didn't she stubbornly sticked to it instead of resorting to ballbashing and going for her shots. Pushing always gets brutally punished when a ballbasher has a good day.
it was same in IW against CSN & Aruba, and they are not even ballbashers. Then down 4-3 or 5-4 she called Hogstedt and started playing like a real player. And not like he tells science to her, just basic stuff "dont let her boss around" "step in, take risk", "you are better player" etc... and then she is totally different person from the next game. Its a mistery whats going on in her head.
The bottom line, she cant call him at slams.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #732
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

What did Maria sign on the lens? How weird that I look forward to her messages now...
T496 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #733
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

You're all so negative around here, it's frustrating. Maria's just won Indian Wells, and is in the QFs of Miami without dropping a set. If this is your reaction when she plays below her best and still only loses 4 games to a player we know can damage her, I'd hate to think what you'd all be doing if she actually dropped a set.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #734
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Her game against Ball Basher still doesn't make me satisfied. But She can improve, i belive it
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #735
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

well, no wonder SS is having so many DramaLama competitions
You guys are truly a bunch of emotional wrecks...I guess the only way you'll ever be satisfied is if Maria wins all of her matches 6-0 6-0...but even then someone will still find a way to complain about something. Oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote