Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 315 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #4711
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barktra View Post
Vania needs a partner

So Lisa/Vania?
I was thinking that, could be interesting. I really doubt Black/Rodionova will play together again next year, so I'm still holding out for a full time Black/Raymond. It's LONG overdue.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #4712
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Raymond and Robson took the first set 6-3. The live score suggests they're playing very solidly so far.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #4713
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

They won the second 7-5. On to Errani/Vinci in the semis. Probably.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Mar 26th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #4714
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

nice! great win
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #4715
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Wow

Fantastic win!
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #4716
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

If they could take out Errani/Vinci
Barktra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #4717
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a huge win! I would really like to see them play together. I doubt we'll be able to though, unless they make the final. Hopefully they'll surprise again and upset Sara & Vinci... GL!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #4718
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

This is Lisa's first SF since New Haven Not really counting the YEC, since they autmoatically start in the SF.

Maybe they will continue, who knows. Robson said in their interview that they will hopefully "continue to improve". I don't know if she meant as a team or just as the tournament progresses. She doesn't have a doubles ranking if I recall, and she said she's only been able to play the Slams in doubles because of that. Seems like they are the perfect balance for one another, and Laura actually has some pretty good hands at the net.

Errani/Vinci would be a tall task, but I'm hoping for the best. They haven't been at their best lately, so this would be a great opportunity for them to take them out.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #4719
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
This is Lisa's first SF since New Haven Not really counting the YEC, since they autmoatically start in the SF.
Interesting that Laura and Lisa seem to have done better together than Lisa and Sam in 2013. Obviously, the latter pairing has been very successful in the past, which is probably why they partnered up again after the split with Huber. Though, with Stosur having every reason to prioritise her singles career over doubles and not much to show for their renewed partnership I don't think it'll last the year.

Quote:
Maybe they will continue, who knows. Robson said in their interview that they will hopefully "continue to improve". I don't know if she meant as a team or just as the tournament progresses. She doesn't have a doubles ranking if I recall, and she said she's only been able to play the Slams in doubles because of that. Seems like they are the perfect balance for one another, and Laura actually has some pretty good hands at the net.
I think she meant as the tournament progresses, she referenced her volleys being better since R1 as an example. Also, Laura does have a doubles ranking. However she doesn't often play doubles outside slams or FedCup though; which is why it's so low. When you only played 3 tournaments last year, you don't have many opportinities to score p;oints (unless you're winning, in which case you'd probably play more anyway). Before this tournament she was in the mid 200s. If Lisa/Laura lose to Errani/Vinci she'll be ranked around 120. Her highest ranking was back in 2010, after reaching the quarters at the Australian Open. She clearly is a decent doubles player, and I think doubles suits her game nicely as well.

Quote:
Errani/Vinci would be a tall task, but I'm hoping for the best. They haven't been at their best lately, so this would be a great opportunity for them to take them out.
Errani/Vinci at this point are the Serena Williams of the doubles world. Sure, they might not be playing their best, but odds are them not at their best is better than 99% of doubles pairings out there. Could Laura/Lisa beat them? Possibly. If both girls can continue to serve solidly, and Laura doesn't commit UEs on every other forehand they've definitely got potential for the upset. It's quite unlikely, but then who'd have bet on the team reaching the semis in the first place?
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #4720
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 so far over Errani/Vinci

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #4721
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 6-2

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #4722
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Woah. I thought they had a good chance as I guessed Sara and Roby would be a bit tired but I didn't think it would be this decisive!

Wonder if they'll play Charleston next week?

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #4723
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

WOW

Fantastic!
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #4724
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21977992

interview with the ladies after todays win
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #4725
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Petrova/Srebotnik next. They are 1-4 in Finals together the past year and a half. Make it 1-5, Rayson.

Closed Thread