Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 97 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1441
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

For me, the most important part of this doubles pairing, is that it may just help with confidence and give her that winning feeling back. She's certainly not getting that from singles right now.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1442
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
For me, the most important part of this doubles pairing, is that it may just help with confidence and give her that winning feeling back. She's certainly not getting that from singles right now.
I agree. Even in the first round against a player who hasn't won a match this year, Laura said afterwards that she was so nervous when trying to close out a set or got close to winning the match. You can#t concentrate on winning if your nerves make you frightened of losing. If she was nervous then, what is her confidence going to be like now after losing to Cornet when she could have won?

Hopefully winning a doubles match against a seeded pair will show her that she does belong in the top company.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #1443

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Looking at Makarova/Vesnina's results & rankings (6 & 8 doubles ranking so both of them higher than Lisa) a scratch pairing should have little chance today. Still, David did beat Goliath once, although there were rumours that the referee was bribed, so L&L have nothing to lose but to give it their best shot. Anything better than losing 6-4 6-4 would be a decent performance.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #1444

Looking at the rankings, Laura has 215 doubles points but even losing in the quarter final in Miami gets her another 250 points. Not bad for 3 matches even if it ends there. She could move up about 100 places. More wildcards please!
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #1445
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by allracquetsports View Post
Looking at the rankings, Laura has 215 doubles points but even losing in the quarter final in Miami gets her another 250 points. Not bad for 3 matches even if it ends there. She could move up about 100 places. More wildcards please!
With an increase of 100 places, WCs shouldn't really be needed for anything other than a PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1446
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

beat Makarova/Vesnina 6-3 7-5

HUGE win!!
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1447
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

If I'm doing my maths right, that should put her doubles ranking at around 120. Not bad at all.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #1448
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Very impressive!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #1449
country flag =HomeAlone=

=HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light

=HomeAlone= is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #1450

A picture of happiness.

As good a doubles player as Lisa Raymond is, there is no way she is good enough to carry Laura when she takes her scatter-gun game onto court. That means that Laura was competing on level terms with 3 very good doubles players. The Russians are also ranked well ahead of Laura in singles. And only 1 DF late on in the second set.

Now you know you can mix it with the top girls.

If we could just make the singles court a bit smaller ....
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by allracquetsports View Post
Looking at Makarova/Vesnina's results & rankings (6 & 8 doubles ranking so both of them higher than Lisa) a scratch pairing should have little chance today. Still, David did beat Goliath once,
David 2 Goliath 0

The Signorinas are well on their way in the first set.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #1452
country flag KeysisGOAT

Scratch that, they've already taken it.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Scratch that, they've already taken it.
This idea of not having advantage fascinates me, The Italians just had set point and break point against them at the same time. Then Vinci served an Ace and won the set
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #1454
country flag KeysisGOAT

Yeah, it just seems wrong to me. Will Rayson's match vs Vinci/Errani have advantage, or not?
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Yeah, it just seems wrong to me. Will Rayson's match vs Vinci/Errani have advantage, or not?
I've never seen it before as there is not much televised doubles and even fewer Brit doubles players. It was only a few years ago they ditched the 3rd set for a tiebreak. I presume there are some Tournament conditions of play somewhere but maybe not publicly available on the WTA or Sonytennis website