Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 93 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #1381
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
All of Caro's matches at the French Open were televised or live streamed plus I believe there were two matches in the warmup tournaments.
Actually 3, I remember watching her play against JJ in Stuttgart, though JJ ended up retiring. Then she got mauled by Kerber.
In Madrid, she beat Barthel, though it wasn't streamed, but we got to see her play Serena.
Nothing in Rome since she retired, I think it was her first match, against AMG.

The good thing is she has basically has 2 matches to defend before RG. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't beat that record, Stuttgart is always packed, losing early there is quite an option. It's in Rome where I think she has a better chance to improve her results.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #1382
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post

The good thing is she has basically has 2 matches to defend before RG. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't beat that record, Stuttgart is always packed, losing early there is quite an option. It's in Rome where I think she has a better chance to improve her results.
Yeah, nothing to defend, and same on grass. But that doesnt matter unless she wins some matches on clay or grass this year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #1383
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Madrid is 64 women draw. It's actually 3 matches to defend (she beat Jankovic, Pervak, Barthel last year), but the principle still applies.

Stuttgart isn't *that* packed this year. Caro will be a top 8 seed (unless all of the top players are going to request a WC, there is only 1 WC spot left too). There's no Serena, Azarenka or Radwanska.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1384
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Madrid is 64 women draw. It's actually 3 matches to defend (she beat Jankovic, Pervak, Barthel last year), but the principle still applies.

Stuttgart isn't *that* packed this year. Caro will be a top 8 seed (unless all of the top players are going to request a WC, there is only 1 WC spot left too). There's no Serena, Azarenka or Radwanska.
Sharapova and Li play Stuttgart though. But it probably doesn't matter because it would already be a great achievement with where her game is at if she survived enough rounds to get to them.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #1385
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Clay season is a golden opportunity for Caro to move up the rankings if she will withstand some tough tests. If there is a time to really up her game it's now.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #1386
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Clay season is a golden opportunity for Caro to move up the rankings if she will withstand some tough tests. If there is a time to really up her game it's now.
Gain points yes, she is unlikely to move up the actual rankings (bar with Stosur who she seems to rotate with every week). She is pretty much 1500 points behind #8 spot, a massive lead really.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #1387
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marion and her dad were very close as well and she finally ended their coaching relationship to try to improve her slam chances in the remaining time she has left on tour.

If things don't improve a reasonable amount over a reasonable period of time with Piotr back running the show, then I hope Caro will look for some other coach to potentially give herself a better shot at a slam. I don't want to see Caro's game going nowhere or getting worse. I don't want Caro to wait too late to make a coaching change like I think Bartoli did if that's what's needed to give herself the best shot at winning a slam.
I said this at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking by it. If Caroline fails to qualify for the YEC and ends the year outside of the top ten I think that Piotr will voluntarily step down as her coach.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #1388
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I said this at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking by it. If Caroline fails to qualify for the YEC and ends the year outside of the top ten I think that Piotr will voluntarily step down as her coach.
If that would happen all hope that she will ever be a serious contender again will be gone as far as I'm concerned. The time to improve - with or without Piotr - is NOW. If not, it will be too late.

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #1389
country flag ozza

Quote:
If Caroline fails to qualify for YEC his position should be pretty much untenable. Whether either Caro or Piotr would see it that way is another matter though. But to not qualify for Istanbul should be seen imo as a complete disaster.

Tbh in my eyes I kind of see YEC as the absolute bare minimum goal, like qualifying 7th or 8th shouldn't be lumped with tons of praise either, I see it more as the absolute minimum requirement. You have to look at the wider picture and see that it's more important she's actually gaining ground on the top players (of which the signs atm don't look that great). If you are satisfied just qualifying 7th or 8th for Istanbul, it's inevitable that sooner or later you will fall out of contention completely.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #1390
country flag ozza

For example Caro has earned 1547 points so far this year. Last year at this point (I have included Copenhagen even though it hadn't been played yet, but Caro has played her 1 international for first half of year) she had 1611 points, so the number of points accrued is pretty much the same so far.

What does work in Caroline's favour is that most of the expected contenders for the lower end Istanbul spots have started the season poorly (eg. Kerber, Kvitova, Stosur, Bartoli). The only one that's really started the season in improved form is Errani. But imo this just highlights even further how vital it is that Caro makes Istanbul this year.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #1391
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Her effort level will be very important on clay.
Based on these 2 Miami struggles, Pliskova, Muguruza, winning any matches on clay will be difficult unless she is more motivated
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1392
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
If Caroline fails to qualify for YEC his position should be pretty much untenable. Whether either Caro or Piotr would see it that way is another matter though. But to not qualify for Istanbul should be seen imo as a complete disaster.

Tbh in my eyes I kind of see YEC as the absolute bare minimum goal, like qualifying 7th or 8th shouldn't be lumped with tons of praise either, I see it more as the absolute minimum requirement. You have to look at the wider picture and see that it's more important she's actually gaining ground on the top players (of which the signs atm don't look that great). If you are satisfied just qualifying 7th or 8th for Istanbul, it's inevitable that sooner or later you will fall out of contention completely.
Well, like I said in my previous post, the tme to improve is now - not next year. That doesn't mean that she all of a sudden should start winning slams or beating the likes of the top three, but the curve of that line that has been going down for more than 18 months now (ok, we've been at a status quo for the last six I suppose) needs to at least go up again as soon as possible. One could argue that she has time because she's still young, but I've never known a player that is up for two or three years followed by a few (comparitively) poor seasons, only to end up being on top of the pile again in the years after that. Not unless there were injuries or personal BS involved like in the case of Sharapova and Capriati respectively.

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #1393
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I totally forgot about Pervak's match, I assumed she had a BYE.

I agree that if Caro doesn't improve her results, I think Piotr will step down as coach at the end of year. He's got a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

So far this season is pretty similar to last year, fortunately last year she sucked until Seoul, she has a lot of chances to improve from now until then.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1394
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro seeded 6 for Stuttgart but it won't make things easier for her, as we know she can lose to anyone these days, especially on clay!
http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pa...urrent_players

Quote:
Marion and her dad were very close as well and she finally ended their coaching relationship to try to improve her slam chances in the remaining time she has left on tour.
Isn't she back working with her father again?

Quote:
Hopefully but I don't believe in it!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #1395
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Am not trying to ridicule your opinions in ANY manner,but would you care to elaborate on why you feel that way?My doubts are based on Piotr's intimate,fatherly knowledge of Caroline;he may not feel that she's capable of such a separation.

Like I said,I'm not gonna jump all over your opinion even if I disagree with what you respond....If you choose to ignore the question,then I'll chalk it up to more of the sissy-ass,passive-aggressive crap that's so common at TF

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread