Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 92 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #1366
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I really hate this type of talk! You can't have this attidude when your goal is to win a grand slam! Oh, you know, my opponent, who's ranked # 73 by the way, was just too good today , wtf, that's not how champions think & talk! I really can't imagine her saying this 2-3 years ago! But times (and her) has changed, it looks like she doesn't belive in herself and her game anymore!
About making YEC, it won't happen if she keeps losing to lower ranked players!
Her clay/ grass season most likely will be disaster, because with her serve and ue's count, I can't see her beating many players!
Me to.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #1367
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I really hate this type of talk! You can't have this attidude when your goal is to win a grand slam! Oh, you know, my opponent, who's ranked # 73 by the way, was just too good today , wtf, that's not how champions think & talk! I really can't imagine her saying this 2-3 years ago! But times (and her) has changed, it looks like she doesn't belive in herself and her game anymore!
About making YEC, it won't happen if she keeps losing to lower ranked players!
Her clay/ grass season most likely will be disaster, because with her serve and ue's count, I can't see her beating many players!
Tbf I always remember Caro with this talk. It probably just stands out a lot more now because she loses more. If Caro's goals right now are to win a grand slam, she really needs to lower her goals. You've got to be able to walk before you can run, she needs to be initially aiming at something more realistic.

I think the last part depends on your expectations. If you're going into the clay season expecting her to be a contender then you're likely to be disappointed, but it's hard for it get much worse than it was last year. It's important she racks up as many point as possible with regards to the YEC race. She can't come out of Wimbledon over a 1000 points behind like she was last year.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1368
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Every story has 2 sides to it though. Last year at this point she seemed a threat to the very top players. Right now she seems no threat to them whatsoever. And at some point there has to be a face up with reality, and not just a positive spin putting paper over the cracks.
In re your previous post,Caroline isn't kidding herself cuz she's not that stupid.It's merely damage control for the fans and media.For example,AI couldn't come out and say,"I didn't train very hard for this tourney b/c I felt like spending more time with my bf-for-the-week...plus my current ranking is high enough so as not to breach my Adidas personal services contract."----If she ever had truth serum injected and made such an admission,even her p.r. team and Allaster-led enablers couldn't undo that damage....Caroline understands that her current level isn't going to take her back around the Top 5.Let's just hope that she doesn't share the disinterest that certain other players have with fulfilling their potential

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #1369
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think the worst part of this is that she still comes out to start matches at big tournaments and starts this slowly.
One of the reasons she's lost 5 of her last 10 slam matches is that she gives away the first set.
Here's one of the biggest non majors and she still is starting like she's half asleep.

It looks like she's satisfied being off the tv courts and losing early, since she keeps doing this, now year after year
Until she is motivated to warm up with intensity and start with focus, this could be the rest of her career
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1370
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think the worst part of this is that she still comes out to start matches at big tournaments and starts this slowly.
One of the reasons she's lost 5 of her last 10 slam matches is that she gives away the first set.
Here's one of the biggest non majors and she still is starting like she's half asleep.

It looks like she's satisfied being off the tv courts and losing early, since she keeps doing this, now year after year
Until she is motivated to warm up with intensity and start with focus, this could be the rest of her career
Who does Caro's warmup before matches? I'm curious if a switch in the person doing that would help Caro start matches off faster. A change in the length or intensity of her warmups could be helpful as well.

By my count, most (18/23 (78%)) of Caro's matches this year have been televised & or live streamed.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1371
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt see her 2 early losses to Wang & Muguruza. Or Pervak. She lost set 1 badly to petrova in Bulgaria, at AO, IW, here, 4 of her last 5 slam losses

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #1372
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Will wonder aloud again: If Piotr were somehow unable to tour with her(let's say that he went blind due to some chemical spill accident),would Caro just give up tennis completely,or might she actually try to find a credible,new coach??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #1373
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Will wonder aloud again: If Piotr were somehow unable to tour with her(let's say that he went blind due to some chemical spill accident),would Caro just give up tennis completely,or might she actually try to find a credible,new coach??
Jesus Christ, Bruce ... could you not just make your hypothetical situation to severe flu or something ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #1374
country flag goldenlox

How many of Caroline's clay matches in 2012 besides the loss to Kanepi did anyone see?
I think what happened in Miami, losing before she ever got on tv (even online) could continue for months

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #1375
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

One has to look at the bright side, she now has a month on clay, if she so wishes, before Madrid.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #1376
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Jesus Christ, Bruce ... could you not just make your hypothetical situation to severe flu or something ...
Actually,he could DIE from certain strains of your severe flu;he'd merely have a difficult life if he lost his vision....It would have to be something relatively serious for Caroline to even consider getting a different coach,wouldn't it??Or would she simply retire if he weren't available?

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #1377
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How many of Caroline's clay matches in 2012 besides the loss to Kanepi did anyone see?
I think what happened in Miami, losing before she ever got on tv (even online) could continue for months
All of Caro's matches at the French Open were televised or live streamed plus I believe there were two matches in the warmup tournaments.

Obviously Caro isn't as important as she used to be in tv coverage but even before then there were some others got a higher priority like Serena or Sharapova.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #1378
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Actually,he could DIE from certain strains of your severe flu;he'd merely have a difficult life if he lost his vision....It would have to be something relatively serious for Caroline to even consider getting a different coach,wouldn't it??Or would she simply retire if he weren't available?
Marion and her dad were very close as well and she finally ended their coaching relationship to try to improve her slam chances in the remaining time she has left on tour.

If things don't improve a reasonable amount over a reasonable period of time with Piotr back running the show, then I hope Caro will look for some other coach to potentially give herself a better shot at a slam. I don't want to see Caro's game going nowhere or getting worse. I don't want Caro to wait too late to make a coaching change like I think Bartoli did if that's what's needed to give herself the best shot at winning a slam.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #1379
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Knowing what a sweetheart Caro is I wouldn't be surprised if she would stop playing to be by his side and help taking care of him.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #1380
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's highly likely her Stuttgart matches will be streamed. They will have 2 TV courts and it's only WTA there, it's a small draw (where the top 4 seeds have byes R1), and some of the other top players aren't even playing. Madrid has a similar deal to Indian Wells and Miami so it becomes less likely.

Last year all of Caro's Roland Garros matches were televised, the loss to Serena in Madrid, and both matches in Stuttgart were also televised.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread