*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 125 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1861
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

As much as I personally curse the fact that she's not playing Stuttgart this year, I think her decision makes a lot of sense.

In terms of preparation for RG, Stuttgart isn't really that helpful as the indoor clay plays quite a bit differently. I think it makes sense for her to focus her RG prep on Madrid & Rome.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:49 PM   #1862
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza;25867170
Some interesting quotes from the same article:

Quote:
Azarenka is scheduled to headline the field in Monterrey, Mexico, a WTA International-level event that begins on April 1; she is to be joined there by Angelique Kerber, Marion Bartoli and Maria Kirilenko. “Right now on the schedule is Monterrey, but I have no—I have not made my decision on that.” Should Azarenka withdraw from the event, it would not be the first time that the tournament deals with the loss of a marquee player in its field; last season, Serena Williams committed to the event but withdrew due to a left knee injury.
Quote:
Azarenka is currently not entered in the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart in April, where she reached the final last year. She is entered in both the Mutua Madrid Open and the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in May. No doubt aware of her past struggles at Roland Garros, Azarenka was asked to rate her chances at the event this season if healthy. “I think there is going to be two tournaments before that on clay. You will see me play and then everybody will make their own decisions.”
I think it would be a wise decision not play before Madrid and make sure that Vika is 100% fit for Roland Garros and later for Wimbledon.

BTW, I have followed some of those comments in General Messages section after Vika withdrew from Miami. It is funny how some typical Vika haters have developed all sorts of crazy theories about her withdrawal like she just wanted to remain undefeated. I think the main reason for her late withdrawal was probably all sorts of promotional duties that local organizers and the WTA wanted her to do.

As we all know that Serena Williams has created some rules of her own for the WTA tour, and I think Vika also likes to play by her own rules like a smart player does.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1863
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

She really has to make sure she gives Rome a good shake this year. Rome for me is the most important clay warm-up event in WTA, it's the closest to Roland Garros' conditions.

Madrid we have to wait and see. We know they have gone back to red clay this year, and they've imported the same clay used at Roland Garros. But Madrid has never proven that great a guide to what goes on at Roland Garros in the past on both the mens and womens side (mainly due to problems with the clay).

It may just have been coincidence, but maybe there was something in the fact that both Serena and Vika played too few proper red clay matches last year going into Roland Garros, and we all know what happened next.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1864
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Some interesting quotes from the same article:

I think it would be a wise decision not play before Madrid and make sure that Vika is 100% fit for Roland Garros and later for Wimbledon.

BTW, I have followed some of those comments in General Messages section after Vika withdrew from Miami. It is funny how some typical Vika haters have developed all sorts of crazy theories about her withdrawal like she just wanted to remain undefeated. I think the main reason for her late withdrawal was probably all sorts of promotional duties that local organizers and the WTA wanted her to do.

As we all know that Serena Williams has created some rules of her own for the WTA tour, and I think Vika also likes to play by her own rules like a smart player does.
Yes would be nicer to hear peoples real opinion, not just taking every chance to throw dirt around. Like she would be afraid of playing Wozniacki or Keys. Or why on earth she wouldn't be allowed to be injured like any other player. (Or why she can't take an injury break).

To balance it out, perhaps the wrong thread for this, but two things i think she could benefit of doing different:
Speed up a bit after entering the court, meeting up at the coin toss faster. And try to only stop up the server when it is really needed.

Hopefully that is ok to say in here.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #1865
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Brett Haber ‏@BrettHaber 13m
Just sat down for interview w/@Vika7. Underneath the hoodie & game-face is a charming & complex young woman. On those who took joy in maligning her post Sloane incident in Oz, she says: "I forgive, but I won't forget." On growing friendship with @serenawilliams she says: " she is a great person and I have always respected her as a champion, but on the court we try to make each other miserable." See Interview on @TennisChannel's @SonyOpenTennis coverage tomorrow! #wta #sonyopen2013

Looking forward to this.
Has anyone watched it?
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1866
country flag mariel

mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all

Quote:
Has anyone watched it?
I searched on Tennischanel but I couldn't find it and I don't have a subscription..Hopefully somebody will put it on Youtube so we can watch it.
mariel is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #1867
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7 13m
This is just a bit scary right now

I hope it has nothing to do with her injury.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1868
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is to do with this (least I hope ).

Robin Fenlon ‏@robinfenlon
Filling up the Aston Martin in the hood was a terrifying experience... Crackheads love a DB9.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #1869
country flag Natural Joe

Yeah, you're right. Didn't see that he RT it before his last tweet. I guess I'm just a bit too nervous because of her ankle.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #1870
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Didn't see that he RT it before his last tweet. I guess I'm just a bit too nervous because of her ankle.
Me too hahaha...
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #1871
country flag ozza

Victoria Azarenka
Back in Belarus after a long flight from Miami... Thank you for all your support - I am still training and working hard and hope my ankle will recover soon..

Surely withdrawal from Monterrey is imminent then.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #1872
country flag Natural Joe

Yeah, looks like it. Still nice to see her laugh.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1873
country flag nastya

nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold

Back in Belarus, hah? So probably soon we'll see pics of Vika in huge snowdrift or something
I would prefer to be in some warm country right now
nastya is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #1874
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
victoria azarenka ‏@vika7 13m
This is just a bit scary right now

I hope it has nothing to do with her injury.
She probably heard the new Redfoo song. Love only makes blind, not deaf.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #1875
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastya View Post
Back in Belarus, hah? So probably soon we'll see pics of Vika in huge snowdrift or something
I would prefer to be in some warm country right now
She can use the snow to help ice her ankle.
Hopefully, being home will help her heal her ankle and get mentally refreshed going into the clay season.
Closed Thread