Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 90 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1336
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
That's true as far as the type of game she plays, she rarely hits players off the court, but there used to be plenty of matches, particularly in the early rounds, where she won very comfortably and quickly. 6-2, 6-1 and 6-0 were scores we often saw in the early rounds. This is a point I am stealing from terjw as he mentions it now and again. She really used to dominate her first couple of opponents but now she struggles to even win sets.
Because players had no belief they could beat Caro. People went on court knowing how well they had to play and for how long to win. But that is long gone. Caro has given the locker room enough evidence to believe. The fact her game isn't as solid anymore also contributes to slow starts.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:36 PM   #1337
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Very Bad Lost she really need too improve her game & Become a Better defense and offense player, she need too get it through her head she not going too win every match by waiting for the error she going have too go for her winners, she drop down back too number 10 in ranking, is it still possible she can get too number 8 in ranking before the French Open ? & Can she get an wildcard too play Family Circle Cup

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:55 PM   #1338
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Very Bad Lost she really need too improve her game & Become a Better defense and offense player, she need too get it through her head she not going too win every match by waiting for the error she going have too go for her winners, she drop down back too number 10 in ranking, is it still possible she can get too number 8 in ranking before the French Open ? & Can she get an wildcard too play Family Circle Cup
Tbf from what we have seen recently Caro's "offensive game" doesn't seem to be in that bad a shape. She's never going to be an offensive player, but when she is able to get on the offensive (mainly off short balls) she looks to be playing her best tennis (right now). It's the defensive side of her game that has heavily declined. Lots of bad errors, a lack of length on her shots making her easier to attack. The problem is she is going to be on the defensive in a lot of her matches, because she doesn't have a big strike on serve or return to get on the offensive from the start of a point, so her defensive frailties are highlighted. I really don't think the solution for Caro is to go for more winners, I just can't ever see it being the basis for her game.

It's mathematically possible for to still get top 8 for the French Open, but realistically it's not going to happen. As things stand she is 1465 behind Petra in 8th who is out, but she like Caro has very little to defend prior to the French Open. And is 1475 behind Sara in 7th, but she is still in the tournament so this will be more probably by the end of Miami. She would have to be winning either Madrid or Rome and posting SFs+ at her other 2 clay court events to even have a chance. She is probably going to be struggling to get into the top 8 until after Wimbledon earliest tbh.

She could get a wildcard for Charleston, but I have no idea if she would ask for one.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1339
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Tbf from what we have seen recently Caro's "offensive game" doesn't seem to be in that bad a shape. She's never going to be an offensive player, but when she is able to get on the offensive (mainly off short balls) she looks to be playing her best tennis (right now). It's the defensive side of her game that has heavily declined. Lots of bad errors, a lack of length on her shots making her easier to attack. The problem is she is going to be on the defensive in a lot of her matches, because she doesn't have a big strike on serve or return to get on the offensive from the start of a point, so her defensive frailties are highlighted. I really don't think the solution for Caro is to go for more winners, I just can't ever see it being the basis for her game.

It's mathematically possible for to still get top 8 for the French Open, but realistically it's not going to happen. As things stand she is 1465 behind Petra in 8th who is out, but she like Caro has very little to defend prior to the French Open. And is 1475 behind Sara in 7th, but she is still in the tournament so this will be more probably by the end of Miami. She would have to be winning either Madrid or Rome and posting SFs+ at her other 2 clay court events to even have a chance. She is probably going to be struggling to get into the top 8 until after Wimbledon earliest tbh.

She could get a wildcard for Charleston, but I have no idea if she would ask for one.
Thanks Ozza I Agree with Everything u said she does make alot more Error now than Usually that something they have too work on big time , I also think they could work on her serve and improving it as well her serve seem too fail her alot I don't know if she need too change her racquet back too Babolat but her serve should be the Main key they should work on Now, I hope she able too crack the top 8 before or after Wimbledon

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:08 PM   #1340
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rory is playing Houston Open, Mar 28-31 .. according to his schedule. Charleston starts Apr 1st and Rory doesn't have to be in Georgia before Apr 11th.

I could see her try to get a WC for Charleston.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1341
country flag ozza

Tbf having looked at the race it's pretty likely Caro will stay in 7th after this week. Though some of the likely contenders to fill those bottom spots for Istanbul are likely to bunch up behind her (Kerber). It's all about what she can post on clay and grass next couple of months, it will need to be more than last year.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #1342
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I could see her try to get a WC for Charleston.
Excuse my ignorance, why can she play Charleston this year? I remember last year there was some problem because she was top 10 and she wanted to play but couldn't. However I see that this year they have 3 top 10 players.
I really don't get all this system where top players can't play tournaments even if they want.

Anyway, I think Caro should do better training in Monaco but I doubt she'll stay put.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫

Last edited by Blu€ : Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #1343
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Excuse my ignorante, why can she play Charleston this year? I remember last year there was some problem because she was top 10 and she wanted to play but couldn't. However I see that this year they have 3 top 10 players.
I really don't get all this system where top players can't play tournaments even if they want.

Anyway, I think Caro should do better training in Monaco but I doubt she'll stay put.
Charleston is a P600 I think, P600's are only allowed 2 top 6 players or something like that. Last year she will have been top 6 at the time.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #1344
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Excuse my ignorante, why can she play Charleston this year?
She can't if others are committed or get in before her. Who knows. Maybe someone cancels and Rory can have a holiday in Charleston.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #1345
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Charleston is a P600 I think, P600's are only allowed 2 top 6 players or something like that. Last year she will have been top 6 at the time.
Oh, so it affects only top 6 players? (P600 I mean) I thought it was top 10 players, maybe the top 10 thing is for Internationals or I just got messed up things.

Quote:
She can't if others are committed or get in before her. Who knows. Maybe someone cancels and Rory can have a holiday in Charleston.
As far as I know Serena, Errani & Stosur are in, but the with Sam injured she might not make it. I'm hoping she does play

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #1346
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rory having a vacation in Charleston? I thought the point of Caro potentially playing Charleston was for her to win some matches and Rory tends to get in the way of that.

I'd kind of rather Caro do a lot of intensive tennis skill training with an emphasis on holding serve during her time off til Stuttgart.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #1347
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetically speaking,Caro might really believe that she's not doing so badly(in the grander scheme of things,she's still a fairly-high-ranked player).She might tell herself that she's only a couple spots away from being in YEC...and that she'll somehow manage to close that relatively-small gap.

On the other hand,she might just be feeding us a bunch of B.S. rhetoric;she may have come to the conclusion that she's had her moments and will never close the gap to regain top status.Given her lack of wins vs. elite players,it'd be understandable if Caroline had that sense of resignation and merely tried to maximize her results with the status quo for as long as she's able to motivate herself to stay in playing shape.

It would be just a whole lot of guesswork to infer Caro's mindset at this point.However,if she drops out of the Top 15,then even most gullible idiots won't be able to rationalize that everything is supposedly okay.Taking it to an absurd extreme,it'd be pretty pitiful if Piotr had early-onset dementia...began talking with imaginary elven friends...and Caro STILL insisted on keeping him as coach.On a much saner level,it'd be bad enough if Caro dropped completely out of realistic YEC contention and maintained her refusal to get a serving coach simply because Dad didn't take the initiative to do so.She'll open herself up to criticism that she's emotionally weak and overly dependent on daddy--or that she's a phony and never cared that much about tennis in the first place...the argument from skeptics being that any true champion would pursue all logical options to regain the glory.

Lastly,I consider the Tennis Culture to be a sport of enablers;under the guise of being 'civilized',even the so-called outspoken ex-player/commentators are usually too chickenshit to call things as they are.To be 100% clear,I'm making a broad distinction between know-nothing GM trolls(and similar fans)and legitimate experts whose opinions have credibility and could motivate certain underachievers to get their act together(it seems to happen MUCH,much more in other sports than it does in tennis).How much great talent gets wasted in the ATP and WTA just b/c ass-kissers like Stacy Allaster--and whoever the hell the ATP chief is--have created a culture where Accountability barely exists??

I've already mentioned Lisicki's disgrace in Memphis a few weeks ago,but let's cross the ATP fence this time and imagine if a hard-nosed ex-champion like Shannon Sharpe were an ex-tennis player.We might get something like: "ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!Tsonga just QUIT in that final set.He might as well just walk off the court instead of feeding us that kind of chickenshit performance!A one-legged dwarf rabbit would've put up a braver fight than Tsonga just did!He embarrassed the tournament,he embarrassed the entire sport,and he flat-out CHEATED the fans today.If he had an ounce of integrity,he'd donate his runner-up check to some local charity,cuz he didn't earn a red cent of it with that gutless turd he just laid on center court.ATP boss Joe Blow REALLY needs to think hard about whether to use that assclown for any more promo work,because honest fans won't wanna spend their hard-earned money supporting a bunch of jerk-offs who don't respect the sport.If the PLAYERS don't respect it,then why should any fans??"

I sort of used Tsonga at random there cuz a few of you have posted that he was an underachiever;for all I know,he might never stoop to such depths.Bottom line is: Tennis could stand a HELLUVA lot more candor on the WTA side.I don't watch enough ATP to speak authoritatively on it,yet I'm fairly confident that some of those swishy man-purse carriers occasionally put forth the same kind of nonsense that we get from the WTA too often

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #1348
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tbf having looked at the race it's pretty likely Caro will stay in 7th after this week. Though some of the likely contenders to fill those bottom spots for Istanbul are likely to bunch up behind her (Kerber). It's all about what she can post on clay and grass next couple of months, it will need to be more than last year.
She's going to have to do a lot better than last year. In 2012 she beat Serena in Miami, lost to Maria 46 in the 3rd. Then Copenhagen final. It looked like she might be turning it around. Then awful clay & grass spring/summer.
This Miami might be her worst hardcourt mandatory result in years. She has a reesult like she's ranked 50.
I think her career is in big trouble. Its very Jankovic-like, and this is for 2 years now.
She's fallen into a situation where other players expect her to be a soft seed, and she's not doing enough to change that.

I cant think of any players who were in the top group, fell way off it for years while healthy, then got back to the top group.
I dont see Ivanovic or Jankovic getting back there. And as years go by, Caroline isnt showing that she can do it either.
I think she had better take this situation very seriously. Its a deep hole to climb out of.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #1349
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Goldenlox makes some good points above,but it's worth noting that none of the three players ever strongly argued with her play that she was the best tenista on the planet...or was capable of staying at that level for many years.

AI had the most God-given talent of the three;she COULD've been a fixture in the Top 5 with her ability.She's been a fringe Top 15 player,or worse,for virtually her entire career,yet managed to overachieve for a flukish 12-month period from Spring 2007-Spring 2008 during which she was fortunate to mostly avoid the elite players and got most all of her big wins over weaker lights such as Dani,Dinara or JJ...and then was gifted a fluke Slam by Henin's sudden 1st retirement.Once the immature little girl realized how much pressure went with being a true champion,she withdrew and QUIT on tennis...content with being pampered by her WTA enablers who help her perpetuate the myth that she belonged with the all-time greats...and manipulate her as eye candy for a niche audience until she's no longer attractive enough to serve that superficial purpose....If she keeps refusing to eat,that might happen sooner than she anticipated

With JJ and Caro,their more defensive,counterpuncher styles almost forced them to maintain a peak level in order to hold on to a high ranking.I read lots of commentary from neutral,non-basher parties during both of their runs at #1,and virtually no one spoke in terms of either one racking up lots of Slam titles.There was always a sense that the two were very GOOD players--yet not super--and that their levels would drop off somewhat whenever the depth of competition rose.To her credit,Caroline sustained her ranking longer than many expected,though she was aided,in part,by injuries that sidelined some great players for extended periods.As they're not nearly as shallow as the other member of the trio,it's a lot harder to read JJ and Caro.Still,I'd call it a plausible theory that each failed to win a Slam during her reign as #1...and was then hit with a sense of resignation.It's quite possible,of course,that those thoughts never entered their minds...that just seemed like a plausible explanation for the drop in intensity that each suffered

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #1350
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Can't understand what she was doing on court yesterday to lose 2-6 4-6 to #73 ranked player!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Mar 24th, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread