Laura's Live Scoring Thread - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:18 AM   #436
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura's Live Scoring Thread

Bye Laura.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:20 AM   #437
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

ergh, it's been a tough tight match up until now. Really felt she needed to get it in the second. Pity with such a great draw but onwards, at least she's broken her losing streak this week and got some points on the board.

Do kinda wanna give her a hug though xD It's been a topsy turvy match.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #438
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
ergh, it's been a tough tight match up until now. Really felt she needed to get it in the second. Pity with such a great draw but onwards, at least she's broken her losing streak this week and got some points on the board.

Do kinda wanna give her a hug though xD It's been a topsy turvy match.
I mean, yes it's a positive she won a match, but not much of one. Usually it means signs of better form, but honestly i'm not convinced here it does, she just had an extremely kind draw. Usually I am a very positive fan, but the form this year is a joke. In particular, the serve. Her second serve is pathetic (when she gets it in!!) and though her first serve is good, the percentage has not once been above 60% this year. Hate to rant, but she is digressing rather than improving right now and there are little signs of that changing

Anyway, rant over.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #439
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

I'm with Evans on this one. The window of opportunity is so small in tennis, and this is stage of Laura's career where she can't afford to have slumps like this. She's showing no signs of improvement and continue to lose in the same manner time and time again. She simply cannot serve these days and as far as I've seen, her movement is as bad as ever. I know I'm just upset because it's so soon after the loss, but I'm really angry with Laura right now.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:36 AM   #440
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

i am going to be so happy if she has 10% of sharapova's mental strength
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:44 AM   #441
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

if she fight and she got lost,i am totally ok with that,but she just so easily got distracted by dramas.i know there are a lot of drama throughout the match,but why she can't focus on match and fight for every single point while cornet could?
i just really hate the way she lose,player without mental strength
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM   #442

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
I mean, yes it's a positive she won a match, but not much of one. Usually it means signs of better form, but honestly i'm not convinced here it does, she just had an extremely kind draw. Usually I am a very positive fan, but the form this year is a joke. In particular, the serve. Her second serve is pathetic (when she gets it in!!) and though her first serve is good, the percentage has not once been above 60% this year. Hate to rant, but she is digressing rather than improving right now and there are little signs of that changing
Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
I'm with Evans on this one. The window of opportunity is so small in tennis, and this is stage of Laura's career where she can't afford to have slumps like this. She's showing no signs of improvement and continue to lose in the same manner time and time again. She simply cannot serve these days and as far as I've seen, her movement is as bad as ever. I know I'm just upset because it's so soon after the loss, but I'm really angry with Laura right now.
Yeah I mean I totally agree that the win wasn't a meaningful win, she got probably one the very best draws in the whole tournament and was almost in a situation where she couldn't lose to Giorgi, and even then they went to 3. I guess I'm just glad she got that draw and managed to get that win

The second serve is an odd one, it's been a probably for pretty much most of her career, not having a consistant enough one and therefore would be one of the key thing they would be working on. Doesn't seem to have improved tho...so don't know what they're doing.

Overall something needs to change she must get out of this rut by FO/Wimb time which is fast approaching otherwise the ranking will drop like a stone with a poor USO draw and she's completely back to square one. This is undoutably a massive year of consolidating top 40 ish or crashing back down. Whether she will come good in time...or something needs to change? I don't know what it's difficult to critise a coaching relationship when your not the one in it, though that's always the obvious thing that gets targetted. The thing with Laura is you feel she has no plan B and you're waiting for the switch to flick on when she can play some amazing tennis and there's no real plan of how to do that, it will just happen...or not!

Plus Laura also seems to have a habit of capitulating towards the end of tough matches, which last night was totally an example of. I know it's been widely discussed before but unlike someone like Hev for example you never really have the feeling that it Laura gets significantly behind in a match that she will fight back. She needs to be level or in front. I'm not so sure that's lack of fight per se I feel it's more of a mental thing of just getting down on herself too much and then not knowing how to fight back...

On a personal note I never really feel I have the right to be angry at players. Sad, disappointed, annoyed even but anger never sits well with me xD I just feel they're not doing it for me and they don't owe me anything, plus it's not like I can play tennis anything like they can xD So what right do I have to be angry at someone for not doing something I can't do either? Plus I'm sure Laura at this moment is waaay more pissed off with herself, according to the twitter updates last night she did some racket bashing after several points. So yeah I'm just not one for anger, but each to their own.

Let's hope the clay brings some of that divine inspiration cos you're totally right the clock is ticking things must pick up soon.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:27 AM   #443
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Maybe the British idea of bringing kids into the game through short tennis means that they don't get to learn to serve properly. Laura's serve is a mess before she even starts. The ball toss is crucial - look how many times she throws the ball up and catches it because it is wrong.

She stands too upright with legs too straight and her feet too close together so there is not a stable base as she throws the ball and moves the weight forward.

Get some bend in the knees and you get much more spring and the ability to maintain balance and compensate as the body weight moves through the stroke.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:53 AM   #444
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Yeah I mean I totally agree that the win wasn't a meaningful win, she got probably one the very best draws in the whole tournament and was almost in a situation where she couldn't lose to Giorgi, and even then they went to 3. I guess I'm just glad she got that draw and managed to get that win

The second serve is an odd one, it's been a probably for pretty much most of her career, not having a consistant enough one and therefore would be one of the key thing they would be working on. Doesn't seem to have improved tho...so don't know what they're doing.

Overall something needs to change she must get out of this rut by FO/Wimb time which is fast approaching otherwise the ranking will drop like a stone with a poor USO draw and she's completely back to square one. This is undoutably a massive year of consolidating top 40 ish or crashing back down. Whether she will come good in time...or something needs to change? I don't know what it's difficult to critise a coaching relationship when your not the one in it, though that's always the obvious thing that gets targetted. The thing with Laura is you feel she has no plan B and you're waiting for the switch to flick on when she can play some amazing tennis and there's no real plan of how to do that, it will just happen...or not!

Plus Laura also seems to have a habit of capitulating towards the end of tough matches, which last night was totally an example of. I know it's been widely discussed before but unlike someone like Hev for example you never really have the feeling that it Laura gets significantly behind in a match that she will fight back. She needs to be level or in front. I'm not so sure that's lack of fight per se I feel it's more of a mental thing of just getting down on herself too much and then not knowing how to fight back...

On a personal note I never really feel I have the right to be angry at players. Sad, disappointed, annoyed even but anger never sits well with me xD I just feel they're not doing it for me and they don't owe me anything, plus it's not like I can play tennis anything like they can xD So what right do I have to be angry at someone for not doing something I can't do either? Plus I'm sure Laura at this moment is waaay more pissed off with herself, according to the twitter updates last night she did some racket bashing after several points. So yeah I'm just not one for anger, but each to their own.

Let's hope the clay brings some of that divine inspiration cos you're totally right the clock is ticking things must pick up soon.

Agreed. I'm not too upset with this loss actually.

She had to adapt mentally with so many disruptions and they can't have been easy. I'm happy she got the one win and gained some points.

I'll start to worry if she has an awful clay season going into the French. But I'm pretty optimistic about her clay season.
No one can teach Laura mental toughness it's down to her to"turn the lightbulb on" and fight out there.

People keep forgetting Laura plays such a high risk game that she's obviously going to have some serving issues. She's got a massive serve which can go AWOL at times. Everything just needs to click with her and expectations are getting higher each day...

It's great she's getting these losses actually, it makes her know that she's going to have to work harder for success and these endorsements. Laura's just too kind as a player, it's so easy to break her down. She has such a big game she should be fighting till the very end. Tennis is 80% Mental and she'll continue to lose despite her amazing talent due to her being so weak and fragile mentally. She needs to be ruthless, that's what makes a superstar.

Can anyone tell me if the Laura haters on GM are saying the typical stuff? "HYPSON" "over-rated"? I've ignored going in there for hours now. I just wanna know if the result thread is still 1st page.

Last edited by Royals. : Mar 23rd, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM   #445
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Laura haters on GM are saying the typical stuff? "HYPSON" "over-rated"? I've ignored going in there for hours now. I just wanna know if the result thread is still 1st page.
I haven't looked at the thread so I can't answer the first pair of questions (the ones with question marks): I assume no one there actually saw the match and so there won't be any special insight. The most recent post in the thread at time of writing was at 12:58 p.m. today.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #446
country flag Embittered

The match before Laura's doubles has just finished...
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #447

C'mon
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #448

Ergh 0-3 down, just lost serve from 40-15 up.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #449

Break back though, 3-1. Went behind early in their first round match, slow starters.
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #450
country flag Embittered

After 34 points, LR squared had won the same number of points and half as many games as their opponents.