Petko Articles & Interviews - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #166
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of
Re: Petko Articles & Interviews

Tenniscourts statt Arztbesuche
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #167
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Podcast mit Petko

http://nochallengesremaining.podbean...drea-petkovic/
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #168
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
Great interview. Must-listen.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #169
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea Petkovic: No dancing yet, but thrilled to be back
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #170
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...diary/2002151/

Quote:
Andrea Petkovic: No dancing yet, but thrilled to be back

March 20, 2013

Andrea Petkovic opened with a win against Bojana Jovanovski 6-3, 6-1 in the first round of the Sony Open on Tuesday. She spoke to USA TODAY Sports about her win, her comeback and the energy in Miami.

It's March, but Tuesday was my first WTA main draw match win of 2013! I'm very happy.

After all my injuries, I really learned to appreciate the fact that I'm able to be back on tour. I appreciate each and every moment. Sometimes when you play so many tournaments and matches you get caught up in the every day, same thing. That's the nice part of it.

After wins I sometimes dance, but not today. I just hit an imaginary golf ball to the crowd and watched it fly because a good friend of mine, Martin Kaymer, the former top-ranked golfer, is here this week. I did it to greet him.

Coming from Indian Wells is such a contrast. It's really nice to have these two tournaments in a row because Indian Wells is so calming and relaxing with so much space everywhere. Miami is the total opposite — hectic, a lot of people, a place where you can go to a different party every day if you want. Sometimes I think it may be better to have it the other way around — Miami first since there is less jet lag. I like both and that you can relax at one and go crazy at the other. You really feel the different energy.

We have all the best players here, which is great because at Indian Wells it always feels a little bit empty without the Williams sisters. They are fun to be around and have a special energy. At Indian Wells I always feel like something is missing and then I come to Miami I know what it is.

But we don't have Roger and Rafa, which makes the men's draw a little less exciting. They are just amazing personalities to have in the tournament. I can speak for myself that the hardcourts are taking a toll. The body needs to recover. They have played so many matches — hundreds more than I have. They need to take a rest now.

Women take the blame for grunting but I think it's not fair when they say women are grunting and men are not. I personally am not bothered by it. I'm in my own zone and don't' even hear it. If you want to criticize grunting you have to include the men. The only trouble with women is that they have a higher voice. Their grunt is higher pitched and I guess more annoying, but the grunting is the same. It's not really right to accuse the women of grunting loud when the men do it the same way.

Next up I play No. 10 seed Marion Bartoli (on Thursday). I lead her in head-to-head 3-2 but we haven't played in a couple years. Every match is important now, and I'm just enjoying every moment on court. I'm playing really well. I'm moving well. I'm feeling great. My knee feels 100% after the surgery several weeks ago. I just need to play a ton of matches. I need to adjust to match fitness, which I don't have yet. I still feel sore after each match even if it's a short one. Every match that I can get is a huge present.
Gut geschrieben, Andrea

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM   #171
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

PETKOVIC: THIS CHAPTER ISN'T OVER

Andrea Petkovic has had a rough go since her breakthrough 2011 campaign, but she's back in action and won her opener in Miami on Tuesday. There's something different about her, though...

Published March 20, 2013 12:00

MIAMI, FL, USA - Andrea Petkovic is one of the most charismatic players on the WTA, but she might also be one of the unluckiest - having finished 2011 in the Top 10, back and ankle injuries totally derailed her progress in 2012, and she missed the first few months of 2013 with a knee injury. But the German returned to action at Indian Wells and on Tuesday won her opening match in Miami.

Petkovic's latest comeback began as a wildcard into the qualifying of Indian Wells, winning her first match before losing the second; but as a main draw wildcard into Miami she got back to her winning ways, needing just 57 minutes to make it past Bojana Jovanovski in the first round, 63 61.

Her solid play - which included losing just seven points in eight service games - isn't too much of a surprise, though, given how well she was practicing the weeks leading up to her comeback. But there's something different about Petkovic this time - a new, more relaxed attitude about everything.

"I've changed," Petkovic said. "My coach actually laughs at me when I tell him I'm a changed person, but it's true. I don't get frustrated on the court anymore. I'm just happy to be back. I'm really enjoying every moment of it. I don't know how long it'll hold up like this - let's talk again in two months!

"But seriously, in my other comebacks I was really so intense and expecting myself to do great and be at the same level as before, but this time I came back with no expectations. A lot of people have approached me and told me they didn't think I would come back again, especially the people who know me, because I have so many other interests and could do other things I'd have a lot of fun with.

"But I felt deep inside this chapter isn't over."

The recovery from the knee injury - which she suffered just before the Australian Open - was a bit easier than some of her other recoveries. "After seven days I could already start going on the bicycle again, so I didn't really lose a lot of substance this time," she said. "My state of mind the whole time helped my healing process. I've been feeling really good and don't want to jinx anything!"

And once known as one of the hardest workers on the tour, Petkovic is also easing up on something else a little bit - her practice time. Her new focus may be on practicing smarter, however.

"I'm not as intense anymore. I changed my practice schedule. I used to gain a lot of confidence from the number of hours I spent on the court - if I didn't feel totally exhausted afterwards, I felt like it wasn't a good practice day. I had to change that because I was destroying my body - each injury was a sign, and each time I'd change a little bit, but I was never courageous enough to change something the whole way. Now I'm much more focused on quality of practices and not hours on the court.

"I made this decision with my coach, and adidas helped me as well - I was in their training camp, with Gil Reyes, Andre and Steffi, and they told me I could gain confidence from other stuff, not just hours on the court. So to play tennis for four or five more years, this is what I needed to change.

"Now I'm looking for better quality in practice. I try to hit and move to every ball as perfectly as I can, but I will let some balls go by. You can't have 100% intensity in every single hour of practice.

"I feel like something gave me another chance to approach my career as a new person and player."

Petkovic has won two of her first three matches back, but her primary focus isn't on winning, it's more on finding her game - hence why she asked for a wildcard into the qualies of Indian Wells.

"I just wanted to have matches," she said. "I know the seeds all have byes at Indian Wells so I would have been okay in the main draw too, but I wanted to have matches in the qualies. It went well but it could also have been the worst match in the history of matches - but I wanted to have them.

"I'm really happy these tournaments gave me these wildcards. I really want to thank them."

And what's coming for the former World No.9?

"Going forward I really have no expectations," she said. "I just want to keep my approach of just enjoying every moment and not getting frustrated - I know all of the things that can frustrate a player, like a really windy day or something, and it costs a lot less energy to play in my new state of mind. That is my biggest wish for the next tournaments coming up and we'll see how it all works out.

"I know I cannot be as consistent as I was before, and I know I won't be as intense as I was before, but I'm really going to try to approach every match positively and just enjoy it all."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...pter-isnt-over
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #172
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Petkovics Glücksgefühle in Miami
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:19 AM   #173
country flag Fury

Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sie selbst hat das Gefühl, zuletzt sei es ihr bei den French Open 2011 so gut gegangen.
http://www.derwesten.de/sport/sportm...id7756465.html

Dinah Pfizenmaier * Angie Kerber * Annika Beck * Julia Goerges * Samantha Stosur * Simona Halep * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Venus Williams * Vika Azarenka * Ashleigh Barty
Fury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:20 AM   #174
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea Petkovic: "Trying to get back into the groove"

11:46a.m. EDT March 22, 2013

Andrea Petkovic, on the comeback from injury, has advanced to the third round of the Sony Open. She will check in with USA TODAY Sports throughout her stay in Key Biscayne.

I won my second match Thursday when Marion Bartoli retired with a left foot injury. I only noticed in the last game when it was 3-1 and she started limping. I don't know if she had it before or if it happened in the match. I saw her warming up pretty well for half an hour before we played. Something must have happened during the match. I spoke to her briefly and wished her all the best.

I played well, but right now the most important thing is how I move, if I am not thinking about my injuries and if I can go hard into the corners. That went well in both matches, and it makes me really happy. Even if I lost I would be happy with my movement. People also welcomed me so warmly on the court. It feels great to be back.

It's true the last time Marion retired against me I won the tournament (Strasbourg 2011), but it's a long way to a title for me. I'm not thinking about titles or wins, I'm just trying to get back into the groove.

We have quite a contingent of good German women on tour now. I'll tell you a bit about them. Angelique Kerber is a very close friend of mine. She came to practice with me where I was living after she went through a terrible losing streak and then she made the semifinals of the 2011 U.S. Open. We share a lot of things, and it's really funny because we are such different personalities. Somehow it seems to be functioning well. I'm an extrovert, I just like to go out, be loud, talk a lot. Angie is a person who holds herself back. It's good vibrations between us, which is really amazing because we played each other 15-20 times in juniors.

The other girl I'm really close to on tour is Julia Goerges. We used to play doubles. We came up on the lower circuits together. We were the last ones to make it on the WTA tour from the current group. We have such great stories about what we lived through and always shared a room when we could.

She lost to my next opponent, Ajla Tomljanovic. It would have been really strange to play her because we've been such great friends the past 7-8 years.

I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.

I didn't know Sabine Lisicki because she was based in Bradenton, and I didn't see her in juniors. But in the past three years as we started playing Fed Cup together we got close. I love her. She was the first one to help me when I was going through some tough personal problems in Luxembourg. I actually can't believe that all the Fed Cup girls are getting along so great. Too good to be true!

Anna-Lena Groenefeld is retired from singles and is only playing doubles. We still want her to make a comeback. Anna-Lena is my good luck charm this week because we have dinner every night together. Today she wrote me, 'It must have been the dinners together!' So we're going to dinner again. We always eat at the same place — the Cheesecake Factory in Coconut Grove. We are too lazy to find something else so we always go there. For now we are keeping away from the cheesecake and eating the salad.

Maybe after the tournament we'll have some Oreo cheesecake.

I've never played my next opponent, Tomljanovic, but at least her ranking is lower than mine (162 to 241). Unbelievable, huh? I will talk to Julia because she played her. She always has a good mind for tactics. I will see what her opinion is. I have to tell you that since I've been gone for much of the past 15 months there are so many young girls coming up. It's really tough for me because I don't know them. It's easier to play a top 10 or 20 player because you know what's waiting for you. I know tactically how I have to play and if they play better that's fine with me. With these young girls you don't know what to expect at all and it's really tough. It makes you a little nervous before the matches.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...diary/2009671/

Last edited by CillyUltra : Mar 24th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #175
country flag CillyUltra

Petkovic Talks Comeback, Fan Love, Dancing

By Blair Henley

(March 22, 2013) -- Andrea Petkovic has had a busy five years. During that time, she demolished her ACL, suffered from a stress fracture in her back, severely sprained her ankle, and ruptured her meniscus. Oh, and she started a successful YouTube channel while also working her way into the WTA top 10.

Petkovic is currently in the midst of what she hopes will be the last comeback of her career, playing just her second tournament back after a meniscus tear at this year’s Hopman Cup. But unlike some injured players who drop off the publicity radar once their rankings drop out of the top 100, fans have closely followed Petkovic’s recovery; her unique personality setting her apart from the sometimes indistinguishable group of “-ic’s” and “-ova’s” on the WTA Tour.

Though Petkovic, or “Petkorazzi” as she’s known to her YouTube followers, admits she’s not sure why people are so invested in her career, she appreciates the encouragement.

“I feel so thankful and grateful for the support,” she told Tennis Now from the Sony Open in Miami. “It just feels like there are so many people who are paying attention, taking care of me, and screaming during points.”

In fact, Petkovic found herself getting emotional during her Indian Wells doubles match with good friend and fellow German Angelique Kerber.

“I made a great shot and there was one guy who screamed, ‘Petko, we love you! We have missed you so much!’ I started tearing up, and my partner was like, ‘Petko, please…,’” she said, laughing. “[Those things] just make playing so much more enjoyable. It makes me feel like I’m in the place where I belong.

A fit 5’11”, Petkovic is as athletic as they come. And despite a current ranking of 162, she certainly looked like she belonged back at the top with a commanding win Thursday over 11th-ranked Marion Bartoli in the Sony Open second round. Bartoli retired with an ankle injury down 1-4 in the second set, but Petkovic looked confident in her game, and more importantly, her footwork.

“I was really satisfied with my movement because that is what I am paying most attention to right now after my injuries,” she said. “Also my strokes felt really fluid. Technically I was playing really good. I was sticking to the match plan that my coach gave me.”

As positive as Petkovic is feeling right now, she admits that the meniscus tear had her wondering whether she could make her way back yet again. Well-educated and an avid reader (she lists Wilde and Goethe among her favorite authors), Petkovic had alternate routes to choose from. At 25 years old, no one would have blamed her for deciding to move on from professional tennis. Ironically, it was her search for a second career that had her running, or in this case hobbling, back to the sport she loves.

“I did actually ask for a few internships,” she said. “I asked a few magazines if I could do an internship. I asked a few politicians that I know if I could do an internship. They all told me you can come whenever you want, and you can stay as long as you want. But I never really wanted.”

Petkovic appropriately went on to describe her tennis career as a “book that is not finished yet.” In an effort to add as many pages to that book as possible, she’s adjusted her practice schedule, moving to shorter, more efficient workouts.

“If you hit 1,000 balls, you just don’t care,” she explained. “You’re like a machine. You do it because you have to do it. Now, every stroke I try to feel every ball that I hit. It just makes more sense to me somehow.”

Petkovic seems at peace with the comeback process and says her current goal is to gain direct entry into the main draw of a Grand Slam. Of course, she’s also still hoping to get back to the career-high ranking of No. 9 that she achieved in 2011.

“If you gave me a piece of paper that says in two years you’re going to be back to the top ten, I would sign it immediately,” she said. “It’s tough when you were in the top 10 once to now settle for something less.”

For now, Petkovic says she’s trying to enjoy what she says has been a “great journey.” And for those wondering when her post-match “Petko” dance will make its grand return, well, she says you’d better keep your eyes peeled.

“I put it on timeout for awhile, but if I feel really happy, it can always come out spontaneously. You have to be really aware!”

----------------------------------------------------------

Fans aren't the only ones happy to see Petkovic back on the court. Novak Djokovic gave her a shout out in the following video. According to his Twitter page, the two are trying to organize a joint WTA/ATP Harlem Shake in Miami. www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgmMH9XnBw

http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Featur...,-Dancing.aspx

Last edited by CillyUltra : Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM   #176
country flag Schnffy

http://www.derwesten.de/wr/sport/spo...id7756465.html
Quote:
Für Tennis-Star Andrea Petkovic geht es wieder aufwärts

Miami. Nach anderthalb Jahren mit drei Verletzungen fühlt sich die deutsche Tennis-Spielerin Andrea Petkovic so gut wie selten zuvor. Nun will sie in der Weltrangliste wieder nach oben. Die Zuschauer würden ihr mehr denn je das Gefühl geben, sie siegen sehen zu wollen.

Manchmal gibt es Wichtigeres als ein gutes Frühstück. Jeden Morgen macht sich Andrea Petkovic dieser Tage nach dem Aufstehen mit leerem Magen auf den Weg vom vierten in den zehnten Stock ihres Hotels, wo eine Eismaschine steht. Ihrem vor zwei Monaten operierten Knie gehe es zwar gut, sagt sie, in der funktionellen Abteilung sei alles bestens, aber das Narbengewebe brauche noch Pflege. Dreimal am Tag 30 Minuten lang packt sie Eisbeutel aufs Knie, und bisher lassen die Ergebnisse nicht zu wünschen übrig.

Vor zwei Wochen in Indian Wells hatte Petkovic zwar ein Spiel gewonnen, sich dann aber nicht für das Hauptfeld qualifiziert, bei den Sony Open in Miami war sie dank einer Wildcard im Hauptfeld gelandet und gewann nach der Partie der ersten Runde auch die der zweiten. Ihre Freude nach dem 6:3, 4:1 gegen die immer wild entschlossene Marion Bartoli litt zwar ein wenig darunter, dass die Französin im zweiten Satz verletzt aufgeben musste. Aber grundsätzlich gab es keinen Grund, das Erreichte kleinzureden, denn vor allem im ersten Satz spielte Petkovic auf einem Niveau mit der Nummer elf der Welt. Hinterher meinte sie, sie habe schlau gespielt und versucht, alles umzusetzen, was ihr Coach Petar Popovic mit auf den Weg gegeben hatte.

Aber was das Beste an der Geschichte ist: Irgendwie hat Andrea Petkovic den Eindruck, nach der dritten Verletzung innerhalb von anderthalb Jahren manche Dinge besser zu machen als zu ihrer besten Zeit als Mitglied der Top Ten anno 2011. Sie sagt, Popovic behaupte, sie bewege sich besser als jemals zuvor, und mittlerweile glaubt sie, dass er Recht hat mit dieser Einschätzung. Sie selbst hat das Gefühl, zuletzt sei es ihr bei den French Open 2011 so gut gegangen. Nach Wimbledon hätten dann schon die Probleme mit dem inzwischen operierten Meniskus begonnen, danach folgten die Stressfraktur im Iliosakral-Gelenk, der Bänderriss im Sprunggelenk und der endgültige Riss im Meniskus.

Manche Dinge fühlen sich nun überraschend gut an. Schon beim Einspielen sehen ihr dieser Tage in Miami die Leute zu, und bei jedem Auftritt wird sie aufs Wärmste begrüßt. Zweimal spielte sie auf dem so genannten Grand Stand, zweitgrößte Arena bei den Sony Open, und beide Male gab es keinen Zweifel, wen die Leute siegen sehen wollten. Ja, das ist der Hammer, sagt sie. Ich habe manchmal das Gefühl, nach meiner Verletzung sprechen mich mehr Leute an als vorher. Oder ich habs vorher vielleicht nicht gemerkt, weil ich so in meinem Tunnel war.

Möglich aber auch, dass sich die Leute daran erinnern, wie sie in Miami vor zwei Jahren gegen die damalige Nummer eins des Frauentennis, Caroline Wozniacki, gewann und Maria Scharapova im Halbfinale Paroli bot. Damals sagte sie: Ich denke, das hier war der nächste Schritt für mich nicht auszuschließen, dass diesmal aus anderen Gründe dasselbe gelten wird.

Andrea Petkovic ist jedenfalls entschlossen, mit der geschenkten Chance des nun wieder schmerzfreien Körpers sorgsam umzugehen. Im Moment, sagt sie, sei jedes Spiel etwas Besonderes, und jeder Sieg mache sich in der Weltrangliste extrem bemerkbar. Platz 162, den sie im Moment besetzt, wird sie nach dem Turnier verlassen. Wenn alles gutgeht, will sie bei einem der noch ausstehenden drei Grand-Slam-Turniere in diesem Jahr im Hauptfeld landen.

Und auf dem weiteren Weg in Miami bietet sich eine ziemlich gute Chance. In Runde drei wird sie am Wochenende gegen Ajla Toml-janovic spielen, Nummer 242 der Welt. Deren Sieg gegen Julia Görges (7:6, 6:2) stand nicht im Drehbuch des Tages. Petkovic ist da sogar leicht favorisiert aber für die Darmstädterin ist ohnehin jedes Spiel ein einziges Glücksgefühl.

Doris Henkel
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM   #177
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.weser-kurier.de/startseit...id,529562.html

Quote:

Petkovics Glücksgefühle in Miami

Miami (dpa) – Glücksgefühle unter südlicher Sonne: Andrea Petkovic steht beim Tennis-Hartplatzturnier von Miami überraschend in der dritten Runde.

In ihrem vierten Match des Jahres lag die mit einer Wildcard gestartete Darmstädterin gegen die favorisierte Marion Bartoli mit 6:3, 4:1 vorn, ehe die französische Nummer zehn der Setzliste wegen einer Verletzung am linken Knöchel aufgab. «Für mich ist derzeit jedes Match etwas Besonderes», sagte Petkovic nach ihrem Erfolg der Nachrichtenagentur dpa.

Die 25-Jährige lächelte und redete endlich mal wieder so unbeschwert, wie zu ihren besten Zeiten. Zwei Siege nacheinander – das hatte es für die von Verletzungen so stark geplagte Hessin zuletzt Anfang November beim Turnier im indischen Pune gegeben.

Gegen Bartoli deutete zunächst nichts darauf hin, dass Petkovic zu ihrem vierten Sieg im sechsten Duell mit der Rechtshänderin kommen würde. Nach einem Aufschlagverlust lag sie 1:3 und 0:30 hinten. Dann gewann «Petko» neun der nächsten zehn Spiele, ehe Bartoli aufgab. «Bis dahin war ich sehr, sehr zufrieden mit meinem Spiel, habe, glaube ich, taktisch schlau gespielt, immer wieder den Platz geöffnet und ab und zu auch mal einen Slice eingestreut», resümierte Petkovic.

Die 25-Jährige hat nun sogar gute Chancen auf das Achtelfinale bei dem mit 4,2 Millionen Dollar dotierten Event. Zwar ist Petkovic nach ihrem Meniskusriss Ende Dezember und der anschließenden zweitmonatigen Pause in der Weltrangliste auf Platz 162 abgerutscht, doch Drittrunden-Gegnerin Ajla Tomljanovic wird noch 80 Positionen hinter ihr geführt. Die Kroatin hatte sich überraschend mit 7:6 (7:4), 6:2 gegen Julia Görges durchgesetzt. «Wer eine Jule Görges schlägt, muss gut sein», betonte Petkovic.

Sie will sich von der Schleswig-Holsteinerin Tipps für das Match gegen Tomljanovic geben lassen und auch Barbara Rittner um Rat fragen. Die Teamchefin der Fed-Cup-Mannschaft hatte sich das Spiel von Görges angeschaut. «Es sind viele neue Spielerinnen dazugekommen, die ich einfach nicht kenne», meinte Petkovic. Ihr sei es lieber, sagt sie, gegen eine Akteurin aus den Top 20 zu spielen. Denn dann wisse sie genau, worauf zu achten ist. «Aber andererseits macht es natürlich Spaß und ist eine Herausforderung gegen neue Gegnerinnen zu spielen, auch wenn ich die vorher nur auf Youtube gesehen habe.»

Deutschlands ehemalige Nummer eins verschwieg nicht, dass sie nach ihrer Verletzung beim Hopman Cup an ein Karriere-Ende gedacht hatte. «In den drei Tagen bevor ich genau wusste, was für eine Verletzung es ist, habe ich mir schon überlegt, ob es sich noch lohnt, wenn es etwas Schlimmeres ist», sagte sie. «Ich hätte von Null anfangen müssen und weiß nicht, ob ich mir das noch einmal angetan hätte.»

Im Januar 2008 hatte sie sich das Kreuzband gerissen und vier Jahre später einen Ermüdungsbruch im unteren Rücken zugezogen. Nach dreimonatiger Verletzungspause folgte beim Comeback in Stuttgart ein Bänderriss im Sprunggelenk und Ende 2012 der Rückschlag in Perth. Doch Petkovic schaut nach vorn. Trainer Petar Popovic attestierte ihr bereits, dass sie sich so gut bewege wie seit fast zwei Jahren nicht mehr. Der Kopf ist frei, nur das Knie verlangt etwas Obhut. Petkovic kühlt ihre neuralgische Stelle dreimal täglich - «rein präventiv», wie sie betont. Auf dem Platz selbst fühle sie sich wieder sehr gut.

Ihr einziges Ziel in diesem Jahr ist es, ins Hauptfeld der Grand-Slam-Turniere zu kommen und sich nicht durch die kraftraubende Qualifikation spielen zu müssen. Und deshalb ist jeder weitere Sieg in Miami wichtig, denn hier werden weitaus mehr Ranglisten-Punkte vergeben als bei anderen Turnieren. «Und da wo ich jetzt stehe, machen ein paar Punkte schon einen Riesen-Unterschied.»

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #178
country flag CillyUltra

"Armin Vehs Spielstil gefällt mir sehr"

München - Neun Wochen lang musste Andrea Petkovic auf der WTA Tour pausieren. Jetzt ist sie wieder fit und feierte beim Tennisturnier in Indian Wells ihr Comeback. Der sportliche Erfolg blieb zwar noch aus, doch die frühere Top-Ten-Spielerin sieht sich nach den vielen verletzungsbedingten Rückschlägen der vergangenen Monate auf einem guten Weg.

Im Interview mit bundesliga.de spricht die in Darmstadt lebende 25-jährige deutsche Fed-Cup-Spielerin über ihr Comeback, ihr Faible für die Bundesliga und besonders für die Frankfurter Eintracht.

Frau Petkovic, Sie haben nach neun Wochen Verletzungspause beim Turnier von Indian Wells Ihr Comeback gefeiert und Ihre ersten Matches in Einzel und Doppel gespielt. Wie fühlen Sie sich körperlich und mental?
Ich fühle mich super und gesundheitlich gut. Das ist das Wichtigste für mich. Auch die Matches waren im Vergleich zu meinen anderen Comebacks okay. Ich bin ja inzwischen Expertin in Sachen Comebacks. Ich fühle mich gut auf dem Platz, aber ich merke noch absolut die fehlende Matchpraxis. Aber das wusste ich auch vorher schon. Ich habe super trainiert, aber ein Match kann man mit keinem Training simulieren. Das merke ich besonders in engen Situationen, in denen ich die falschen Entscheidungen treffe oder meine Beine nicht richtig bewege. Oder ich bin in einigen Entscheidungen zu zögernd. Aber das kommt schon wieder. Deswegen bin ich geduldig und warte ab. Alles in allem fühle ich mich gut.

Wie schwer ist es Ihnen gefallen, sich in den Verletzungspausen zu motivieren und sich wieder heranzukämpfen?
Ich hatte verschiedene Phasen. Nach meiner Fußgelenksverletzung habe ich meine, ich nenne es einmal "Depressionphase" durchgemacht. Das war die schlimmste Zeit, weil ich auch noch zwei Wochen einen Gips tragen musste und mich gar nicht bewegen konnte. Dann bin ich schon ein bisschen in ein Loch gefallen und hatte wirklich auch Schwierigkeiten, mich für die Rehaphase zu motivieren. Die Reha war schlimm, diese Energie, die in der Reha herrscht. Es hat mich runtergezogen, so viele Menschen zu sehen, die verletzt sind oder krank. Jetzt bei der jüngsten Knieverletzung ging es superschnell. Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt hat mir ohne Ende Energie gegeben, weil er immer so positiv denkt. Er hat sofort gesagt: 'Das kriegen wir wieder hin. In vier Wochen stehst Du wieder auf dem Platz.' Dann hatte ich gar keine Zeit dafür, in eine Krise zu geraten.

Dafür hatten Sie mehr Zeit, die Bundesliga zu verfolgen. Haben Sie einen Lieblingsverein in der Bundesliga?
Ja, sicher. Das ist Eintracht Frankfurt.

Wie kommt's?
Durch die Nähe zu Frankfurt bin ich dann auch Fan der Eintracht geworden. Eigentlich ist ja Darmstadt 98 mein Lieblingsverein. Ich habe früher viele Spiele der "Lilien" im Stadion gesehen. Aber die spielen ja nun in der 3. Liga gegen den Abstieg. Der serbisch-stämmige Trainer Kosta Runjaic ist ja leider nach Duisburg gegangen, der war richtig gut.

Wer ist Ihr Lieblingsspieler bei der Eintracht?
Ich mag den Oka Nikolov, weil er so ein Symbol für Eintracht Frankfurt ist. Ich mag einfach das Team und den Spielstil unter Armin Veh. Der gefällt mir sehr. Ich finde es cool, dass sie so aggressiv und auch bei einem 0:3-Rückstand immer noch nach vorne spielen. Die rennen immer nach vorne und geben alles.

Wie informieren Sie sich auf Reisen über die Ergebnisse der Bundesliga?
Das ist manchmal schwer. Bei der Eintracht versuche ich immer, up-to-date zu sein. Ich verfolge sie auf Twitter, Sport1 und lese die Sachen, die mich interessieren. Als es vor zwei Jahren gegen den Abstieg ging, habe ich einige wichtige Spiele im Livestream angeschaut, aber das war sehr nervenaufreibend. Da habe ich mir in Amerika nachts einige Spiele reingezogen. Das war so schrecklich. Aber das ist ja das Schöne am Fußball. Man leidet und freut sich immer mit seinem Verein.

Ist die Bundesliga auch ein Thema unter den Spielerinnen?
Unter den deutschen Spielerinnen auf alle Fälle. Die ausländischen Mädels interessieren sich da nicht so für, höchstens die Jungs. Bei uns im Team gibt es immer ein bisschen Triezerei, weil Angelique Kerber und Julia Görges riesengroße Bayernfans sind. Und die Teamchefin Barbara Rittner ist ein Mega-BVB- und Jürgen-Klopp-Fan. Wenn die beiden Teams aufeinander treffen, gibt's immer Terror. Ich bin dann die Schweiz.

Das Gespräch führte Tobias Gonscherowski

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga/new...0000245222.php
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #179
country flag Fury

Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future Fury has a brilliant future

Zwischen phänomenal und katastrophal
Quote:
Petkovic verlor trotz eines in nur 28 Minuten gewonnenen ersten Satzes («Da habe ich so gut wie noch nie in meinem Leben gespielt») noch gegen die Nummer 242 der Welt. Die Gründe waren vielseitig. Zum einen sei sie noch nicht «matchfit», meinte die 25-Jährige. Bester Beweis: Ihre Bauchmuskulatur ist aufgrund der ungewohnt vielen Aufschläge überreizt und hinderte sie daran, den Ball optimal zu servieren. So unterliefen ihr elf Doppelfehler.
Zum anderen fehlen mentale Fitness und die Erfahrung, ein enges Match für sich zu entscheiden. Hier stehe sie wieder am Anfang, sagt Petkovic.
http://www.fr-online.de/sport/petkov...,22197386.html

Dinah Pfizenmaier * Angie Kerber * Annika Beck * Julia Goerges * Samantha Stosur * Simona Halep * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Venus Williams * Vika Azarenka * Ashleigh Barty
Fury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #180
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Danke ^^^^
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote