a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:19 PM   #91
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: a little miami thread - Time for Petra to make some history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
and drop shots
If she can serve more effectively, utilize her first strike and not miss easy sitters/floaters, she should win.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:46 PM   #92
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
miami is prob the toughest tournament for Petra to win..
Yes.. but in 2011 Petra played well on all surfaces except outdoor hard. After 2011 Petra plays well only on outdoor hard
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 11:17 PM   #93
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
If she can serve more effectively, utilize her first strike and not miss easy sitters/floaters, she should win.
Sharapova beat Flipkens handily 6-2 6-1 at 2013 AO, Petra can do the same.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:11 AM   #94
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Petra was more in danger of getting an earache,from all of Shifty's whining about "PenGOAT",than she was of losing the match.After a somewhat sub-standard 1st set,Petra wasn't seriously threatened afterwards.This next match is also mostly up to Petra to determine the outcome

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #95
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Petra was more in danger of getting an earache,from all of Shifty's whining about "PenGOAT",than she was of losing the match.After a somewhat sub-standard 1st set,Petra wasn't seriously threatened afterwards.This next match is also mostly up to Petra to determine the outcome
Oh, Brucie. You really know nothing about PenGOAT, she's well know queen of losing in 3 sets, just so you know, i never said Petra will lose, i've said if she's off she might lose and first set where wasn't on her game serves as a proof of my point

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:05 PM   #96
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Oh, Brucie. You really know nothing about PenGOAT, she's well know queen of losing in 3 sets, just so you know, i never said Petra will lose, i've said if she's off she might lose and first set where wasn't on her game serves as a proof of my point
That's not true,Shifty;I've seen quite a bit of Peng over the years and was familiar with her penchant for finding ways to lose.It was YOU who panicked and stole Netphobia's sobbing emoticon...which is pretty bizarre if you didn't really think that Petra was going to lose.Things will get uncontrollably weepy around here if we start having lamentations like,"Oh no!Petra might lose a set and win in three",so please try to maintain perspective

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #97
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
That's not true,Shifty;I've seen quite a bit of Peng over the years and was familiar with her penchant for finding ways to lose.It was YOU who panicked and stole Netphobia's sobbing emoticon...which is pretty bizarre if you didn't really think that Petra was going to lose.Things will get uncontrollably weepy around here if we start having lamentations like,"Oh no!Petra might lose a set and win in three",so please try to maintain perspective
Panic? Nah, I was being overly dramatic, it's perfectly suits Gypsy Disco dancing Petra does on court and blind faith can turn you into delusional fan, your should know as former\current Ivanovic fan

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:35 PM   #98
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Panic? Nah, I was being overly dramatic, it's perfectly suits Gypsy Disco dancing Petra does on court and blind faith can turn you into delusional fan, your should know as former\current Ivanovic fan
Well,you got me by picking at my all-time worst lapse in sports fanship when I supported King Ralph,but the GOOD part is that it motivated me to pick a NEW fave,back in 2010,who wasn't one of the WTA glamour girls,and that,of course,was a major upgrade in Petra

It's my day off so I'm gonna catch a few more hours,Shifty

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:39 AM   #99
country flag ShiftyFella

Court 2 schedule
Quote:
Starting 11:00AM
[WC] Andrea PETKOVIC vs [WC] Ajla TOMLJANOVIC
[9] Caroline WOZNIACKI vs [WC] Garbine MUGURUZA
[30] Kirsten FLIPKENS vs [7] Petra KVITOVA
No coverage as expected. I hope Petra avoids mess that was yesterday with rain delays and outage.

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 08:45 AM   #100
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Court 2 schedule
No coverage as expected. .
F..ing American tournaments
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:25 AM   #101
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
F..ing American tournaments
IKR.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM   #102
country flag bruce goose

Like I've said elsewhere,these tournaments who call themselves '5th slams' always seem to fall on their faces and refute that whenever they make such a claim.Fortunately,Petra's match is scheduled such that she would probably have enough sunlight to play.......even if the Miami Goobers-in-charge failed to pay their electric bill

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM   #103
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

c'mon kvitova, ajla is waiting for you
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #104
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
c'mon kvitova, ajla is waiting for you
Can Tomljanovic challenge Petra, I haven't seen her at all.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #105
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Can Tomljanovic challenge Petra, I haven't seen her at all.
She's hot young rising star, so she has nothing to lose Petra never was past R3 in Miami, she has to win today then we can talk about R4

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus