Miami Chat Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #61
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami Chat Thread

Completely forgot to check whether it's stopped raining in Miami, and now I see that Delpo is about to get straight setted and bageled

Sorry, Juan...you being burnt out is understandable. Rest up
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #62
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
I'm disappointed in seeing Delpo failing like this after such a good tournament in IW.. :-/
I was talking about him on another forum the other day, and stood up against someone who said he didn't deserve to be put on the same level as the top 5, and now he's down like that. >_<
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM   #63
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I'm disappointed in seeing Delpo failing like this after such a good tournament in IW.. :-/
I was talking about him on another forum the other day, and stood up against someone who said he didn't deserve to be put on the same level as the top 5, and now he's down like that. >_<
Honestly, in my opinion, he is the number 5 whatever the rankings show considering he can really bring it against those ahead of him (unlike the rest of the top 10 bar maybe Berdych when he's on), but he can't be compared with the big 3/4. He just doesn't have that consistency, and this Miami loss just proves that point

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #64
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Honestly, in my opinion, he is the number 5 whatever the rankings show considering he can really bring it against those ahead of him (unlike the rest of the top 10 bar maybe Berdych when he's on), but he can't be compared with the big 3/4. He just doesn't have that consistency, and this Miami loss just proves that point
Well, you have the big four followed by another group of big, although 'lesser big four' - Delpo, Ferrer, Berdych and Tsonga. They are in their turn as far ahead of the rest of the field as the real big four are ahead of them. Of that second group of four Delpo is the most likely to win another slam or one or a few masters 1000 events in the future and Tsonga is perhaps (comparitively speaking) the biggest underachiever.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:21 AM   #65
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I would separate Delpo and Berdych since they actually can compete with the four. Ferrer is nothing but the male Wozniacki. Tsonga seems to have lost his edge. Consistency is Delpo's biggest obstacle, but I think we'll see him make the final in one of the next three or four majors.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM   #66
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Ferrer is nothing but the male Wozniacki.
There's some truth in that, but not entirely. Wozniacki goes into her matches against the best thinking that she can win, even when her chances are slim at best. Ferrer on the other hand is mentally a giant against those ranked below him, but a dwarf when he has to play one of the big four. Caro's record against the best players of her time is also a bit better than his as a result of that. Even so, Ferrer of anyone other than the big four is THE guy who really maximises his talent. Over achiever are the words that come to mind, but over achieving is more of a reason for praise than criticism in my book.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #67
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, I was just trolling you, though there is some truth to it.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:57 AM   #68
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Oh, I was just trolling you, though there is some truth to it.
I know. I've posted at GM for years, so I know, trust me. But I don't mind replying to some 'mild trolling' sometimes - it's only the evil ones that I ignore.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #69
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer is the guy who really uses 110% of his potential, and I respect him for that. But I can't like him, it's just stronger than me. He's just too boring...
And like you said, he's a mental giant with players worse than him as much as he's a mental midget against the top 4. But he has all the brain and mental strength that lacks in guys like Berdych or Tsonga.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:43 PM   #70
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

at Aga struggling against Rybarikova

And Caro
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:55 PM   #71
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Magda is playing great!
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #72
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

I know, I just wasn't expecting Aga to potentially lose this early...it's a good match
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #73
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

I can't at Aga missing 3 chances to win that point at net at 15-0 2-1
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM   #74
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

A new low. I think I'm going to hang myself. Caro has just lost to a player called Mug.

Why is it that everytime Rory is with her she plays her worst? Not that I want to blame him. Vika never seems to have similar problems when that Red Fool guy is with her.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM   #75
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God Caroline
IW Final to this.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote