*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1846
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

@RomiCvitkovic: Azarenka: "I have been working very hard to rehab my ankle this week but unfortunately it is still not fit to play."
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM   #1847
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how serious it is. You'd think not that serious if she was hoping to play Miami, but who knows. While I think it would be wise to do so, I am not sure it is completely nailed on that she will withdraw from Monterrey, which is in effect nearly 2 weeks away.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM   #1848
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
Totally support her decision. It's better to heal the ankle properly and then start fresh and fit on clay.
But she probably should have made that decision right away instead of waiting until the last minute.
it's common for top players to withdraw at this point. Sharapova Brisbane, Serena Dubai, so far this year. I expect the tournament director prefers them to try their best to make it
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #1849
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Relieved she won't be playing on it and making it worse. The only way to get tendonitis under control is give the body part a break.
I'm sure Vika wanted to play and that's why she waited until the last minute but I wouldn't be surprised if Sam and her team finally convinced her that it's not worth trying to play even if her ankle might be feeling a bit better.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1850
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or is there a real lack of actual good Roland Garros warm-ups in the WTA calendar?
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1851
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
Totally support her decision. It's better to heal the ankle properly and then start fresh and fit on clay.
But she probably should have made that decision right away instead of waiting until the last minute.
Agree with her decision, playing would have achieved nothing. No chance of winning the tournament and very real possibility of aggravating the injury. For that reason i think she might have withdrawn sooner. Not that i mind much, she's not the only player who withdraws very late from tournaments sometimes.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:19 PM   #1852
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Panorama News ‏@TennisNewsTPN 40s
Vika: "Yesterday I thought that possibly I'm not going to be able to play. Today I got on court and wasn't able to move."
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1853
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Not happy at all. Worrying.

Remember end of last year when i thought about 2013 and what could possible stop her success. The only thing i could think of was injury.

Lets keep our fingers crossed she is feeling better soon.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM   #1854
country flag ozza

The positives are if she misses Monterrey she has about 6-7 weeks to get right if necessary for Madrid.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1855
country flag ozza

Romi Cvitkovic ‏@RomiCvitkovic
Azarenka: "Right now on the schedule is Monterrey (next), but I have not made my decision on that." Could take 2-3 wks for recovery.

That would hint at not playing Monterrey, but I have given up going on hints, because I've been wrong on every one recently .
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1856
country flag Natural Joe

Brett Haber ‏@BrettHaber 13m
Just sat down for interview w/@Vika7. Underneath the hoodie & game-face is a charming & complex young woman. On those who took joy in maligning her post Sloane incident in Oz, she says: "I forgive, but I won't forget." On growing friendship with @serenawilliams she says: " she is a great person and I have always respected her as a champion, but on the court we try to make each other miserable." See Interview on @TennisChannel's @SonyOpenTennis coverage tomorrow! #wta #sonyopen2013

Looking forward to this.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1857
country flag ozza

Hopefully someone will record it and upload it (hint ) for those who do not have access to The Tennis Channel.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM   #1858
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Good decision from Vika at least she'll have no points to defend next year so it would be great if she could make it far in 2014. Can't wait for the interview
VIKA? is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:16 PM   #1859
country flag Natural Joe

enrico maria riva ‏@enricomariariva 3m
​Q. Have you ever talked to Azarenka before? ​LAUREN DAVIS: No, but she's one of my role models. I really, really like how she plays

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1860
country flag ozza

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/2013...ws-from-miami/

The best quote is probably this :-

Quote:
Beyond Monterrey, Azarenka is looking ahead to the European clay court season and Roland Garros. “I’m going to have a longer preparation than usual for my clay season. My biggest target is going to be French Open, so I’m going to do everything I can to be ready, and, you know, to make sure that I come in in the best form there and try to win the title.”
Closed Thread