Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 222 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM   #3316
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Well, the glass is half full when it's half empty...
If she had lost 0-6 0-6 I wouldn't have minded at all. But at this score I have to say I'm dissapointed. I only expected more, because she obviously can do more.
A win here: 50 ranking points, up 70 places in the rankings and the chance to play some qualies in some high-level events in the clay season (when she'll run out of PR entries), instead of 10K & 25K ITF events.
Her loss: none of the above.

As for the 3h match... She already proved she can do this several times since her comeback after injury (Arruabarena-Vecino, Peng). I want to see her winning 3h+ matches. Besides that, they played like 1h 30 min, then they had a break for almost 4h due to a monsoon, and when they resumed they played for another 1h 30 min, so... plenty of time to recover from eventual fatigue from the first session.
If Alex had lost 6-0 6-0 that would have been a seriously bleak depressing result which would have suggested that any hope of her coming back to top 100, let alone the top 30 was uncertain at best. If Alex had lost that match 6-0 6-0 I would have been seriously bummed and unsure about her future.

In contrast 5-7 6-4 7-6(3) in three hours indicates Alex is once again fit enough to play a high level competitive three hour matches on what is the toughest surface to play on in terms of the demands it makes on the knees. That Alex came through such a match completely fit is brilliant.

You have to look at the bigger picture. We are talking about a career here not just a tennis match. As long as Alex is able to go three hours with AMG on a slow hardcourt I really feel good about her fitness and already it looks like Alex is playing to a top 75 standard. Which at this point in her comeback is fantastic. Hopefully she can get even better for the clay court season.

Would it have been nice if Alex won this match? Absolutely. Is it a bit disappointing that she lost it from a winning position? I suppose it is. Does it really matter much when one looks at the bigger picture and Alex's future? No, not at all.

As a result 7-5 4-6 6-7(3) >>>>>>>>>>> 0-6 0-6 and it's not even close.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Mar 22nd, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM   #3317
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Small picture: A loss is a loss, no matter what the final score is. She played one match in Miami and she lost it. Since her comeback she played 4 matches that needed a 3rd set and she lost 3 of them, so I guess, yeah, if you're an optimist you can say that she's fit, if you're not, you can say that she's fit enough to finish 3 sets matches, but not fit enough to win them.

Big picture: Top 100? For sure, perhaps next year. Top 30? I strongly doubt it. (But I secretly wish to be wrong on the last prediction )
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM   #3318
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Small picture: A loss is a loss, no matter what the final score is. She played one match in Miami and she lost it. Since her comeback she played 4 matches that needed a 3rd set and she lost 3 of them, so I guess, yeah, if you're an optimist you can say that she's fit, if you're not, you can say that she's fit enough to finish 3 sets matches, but not fit enough to win them.

Big picture: Top 100? For sure, perhaps next year. Top 30? I strongly doubt it. (But I secretly wish to be wrong on the last prediction )
Alex will finish THIS YEAR in the top 100. Next year, probably 30, but definitely at least top 50. Mark my words.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM   #3319

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, my friend, I really do
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM   #3320
majcpw

majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of

From BevsPics

majcpw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:48 PM   #3321
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Just read the last pages.
Nothing wrong with a loss to a consistent player like AMG.
Besides top 5, the rest of players can beat or lose to anyone in top 200.
Healthy ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalJackson View Post
Guys in the uk we use this way of thought for something we believe in

THROUGH THICK AND THIN

through the good times and the bad

i predict many happy days for alex

too talented
Same here.
Luckily Alexandra is a positive and optimistic person
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM   #3322
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Katowice is coming soon guys, 280 points in the bag
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:25 PM   #3323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Katowice is coming soon guys, 280 points in the bag
Katowice is not Warsaw. Will she ask for a WC to play Katowice? Otherwise, with her actual ranking she won't make the draw.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3324
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I looked up and she is not on the list in Monterrey or Katowice, but that may change, I guess.
I also read somewhere that she can enter 6 more tournaments using her ranking before injury. Is that true?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #3325

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I looked up and she is not on the list in Monterrey or Katowice, but that may change, I guess.
I also read somewhere that she can enter 6 more tournaments using her ranking before injury. Is that true?
She can use her PR for direct MD entrances in 5 tournaments, and she used 2 already (IW and Miami), and also she has the right to ask for WC. Already received one of those to play Cali, so 4 more WC for her.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #3326
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

The question which poses for Alexandra first is: Do I use my SR for the Masters events and hope for lucky draws or do I use them for some clay MM to be sure of a couple of wins.

For example I can already see her easily reaching the semifinal of Marrakesh, but she as the athlet has to know what to do.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3327
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
She can use her PR for direct MD entrances in 5 tournaments, and she used 2 already (IW and Miami), and also she has the right to ask for WC. Already received one of those to play Cali, so 4 more WC for her.
OK, so she got 3, potentially 7 assuming she receives all 4 wild cards.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3328
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

If WTA events won't give her a wildcard, see Bogota or Acapulco, I'm sure that her chances are significantly higher at some 100k ITFs and they also award a nice amount of ranking points to the winner.

Pretty sure she will play the 100k in Bucharest if it's taking place this year.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #3329

I did a bit of research and it seems I was wrong. Sorry about that

Here for SR:

Definition: A player’s Special Ranking will be the ranking she earned immediately after the points of the last Tournament she played has been added to the WTA Tour Rankings.
Number of Tournaments: A player will be granted eight(8)Tournaments in which to use her Special Ranking.

And here for WC:

Wild Card Maximum: Except as otherwise set forth herein, the maximum number of Wild Cards a player may receive into Premier and International Tournaments and Grand Slams during a Tour Year is six (6), with a maximum of three (3) allowed in the Main Draw. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a player shall not be precluded from accepting Wild Cards into Grand Slams after she has reached the maximum. Wild Cards accepted into ITF Women’s Circuit events and WTA$125Ks count separately. The maximum number of Wild Cards a player may receive into WTA $125Ks during the calendar year is three(3). These Wild Cards are in addition to the maximum number of Wild Cards allowed in Premier/International Tournaments.

Therefore, she has 6 more SR entrances (just like you said) and she can receive 2 more WC for WTA $125Ks and 6 more WC for Grand Slams and WTA Premier/International (3 for the main draw and 3 for the qualifying draw).
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #3330
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Bianca Dulgheru

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote