Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1501
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
I have followed, actually.
Don't get me wrong, I also want Begu to win. Four years ago I was so infatuated with her, I could have swore she will be the next best thing, and I'm talking top 10 level. But she failed to deliver. And her results are only going from bad to worse. I am not even talking about matches with big players, I am talking about losses to the likes of King, Zhou, Panova, Dellacqua or Khromacheva. Big potential, smart and talented player, but weak mentality.
We'll just have to wait and see who of those 2 players will make it in the 3rd round. I put my money on the Chinese, no matter how inconsistent her game or results are.
As expected, Na Li Is in the third round, while Begu is out. Lost 3&4 to Lepchenko (the one on a losing streak, yeap)
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM   #1502
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Ok! Another opportunity lost. C'est la vie!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:56 AM   #1503

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Ok! Another opportunity lost. C'est la vie!

Hopefully Halep will bring some light tomorrow, because I have a feeling that lovely Sorana will also choke. Soler-Espinosa won't let her go easy.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 03:20 AM   #1504
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
As expected, Na Li Is in the third round, while Begu is out. Lost 3&4 to Lepchenko (the one on a losing streak, yeap)
Regarding one of your previous quotes, I haven't really been a fan of women tennis for long time, but what I've learnt in quite a short time is not to declare any player the next best thing until she actually becoms the next best thing. That seems to oftenly be the case with the young Romanian players.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:13 AM   #1505
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Well, those 30 points more or less won't kill her. It's important she won her 1st round match at least, because na Li would have killed her.

Let's hope that Shoulderina can find back to old strength on her serve. It was exceptional against Wozniacki for example, but she just can't deliver on a regular basis for different reasons.

Let's not fool ourselves. Irina-Camelia is playing at 50% at the moment and the only reason why she is still winning matches even without her serve, is because her ground game is still better than the one of 80% of the tour. If it starts clicking again and I'm sure it will through years, the girl is a lock for Top 20. I won't give up on her as for now.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM   #1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Regarding one of your previous quotes, I haven't really been a fan of women tennis for long time, but what I've learnt in quite a short time is not to declare any player the next best thing until she actually becoms the next best thing. That seems to oftenly be the case with the young Romanian players.
And that makes you a wise man, my friend
I guess my genetic code has a strong gene for hope. As I'm witnessing the underachievements of the actual "golden generation" of Romanian tennis players, I'm waiting for the next one to take the courts, hoping that perhaps Csoregi, Rosca or Jaqueline Cristian will be the next best thing
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1507
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least she beat a player she was supposed to beat in the previous round. Still, it's frustating that she couldn't get past a struggling seed, she won't get such draws in every big tournaments
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM   #1508
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
she won't get such draws in every big tournaments
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1509
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
hoping that perhaps Csoregi, Rosca or Jaqueline Cristian will be the next best thing
Yep, those are the players I had in mind too. I hope too but I am determined to refrain my enthusiasm

Back to the subject. I noticed that Irina is on the list for Katowice. Is she going to play Charleston in the meantime?
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1510
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Who is this cutie?
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1511

It's Silvia Soler Espinosa and this is actually a good picture of her, most of the time she looks awful )
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Back to the subject. I noticed that Irina is on the list for Katowice. Is she going to play Charleston in the meantime?
Don't know, she used to play in Barcelona, but with that being cancelled she must have changed her schedule.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1513
country flag Curcubeu

Irina-camelia has never played on green clay in her life and I don't think that this will change in the next couple of years.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM   #1514
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Irina-camelia has never played on green clay in her life and I don't think that this will change in the next couple of years.
What's the problem with the green clay? I honestly don't know.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #1515
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She had Woz in R1 tho. That was a shitty draw.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote