Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #706
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ Hope she also plays doubles in Miami and that she and partner get a winnable R1 match.
She will need highly ranked partner or WC, and I highly doubt she'll get in in Miami because of IMG.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #707
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
Shuai is out of form and Mirjana has beaten her. Doi beat Lucic 2 and 2 at either Indian Wells or Miami qualifying in 2011. But Mirjana is playing better now. Bethanie could be the toughest of the section but she is up and down. I'd prefer Doi than Sands the way Lucic is playing now.
It was in IW but its not relevant. Firstly, I don't think Doi will find her way against BMS who just played KL final and choked when she should have won the tournament( great SF win against Pavljuchenkova 64 61). And also, when Lucic and Doi played Mirjana was completely out of form. She lost toKerber in Nassau 61 62 and To Meusberger 62 64 in Miami.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #708
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the match against Meusberger..it was the worst I've seen her play, ever
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #709
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
I was at the match against Meusberger..it was the worst I've seen her play, ever
I can imagine. I watched her play Tatiana Panova at RG where she lost 6-1 6-1 and hit more than 50 UE.
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #710
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Time to regroup for the clay. It's hard to say what happened today. Maybe she was still thinking about the Wickmayer loss. Maybe, she was a little fatigued after having a lot of matches at IW. Maybe, Zhang was just due for a good performance. She was well rested having not played since Kuala Lumpur. It was probably a combination of factors. This is surely a disappointing result for us after the progress that was made at IW but I'd be more disappointed if it happened on grass or during the European clay season where she traditionally plays better.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #711
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
I wish fabulous things for Mirjana in this draw!

This will also mark the end of my posts/commentary here. Gearing-up to move to Asia, work-wise.

A very happy move.

As documented, I have been a fan of Mirjana since I was a California tennis magazine editor in 1997 and then met her slugging-it-out a decade later (by total chance!) in a total crap-hole in Ft. Walton Beach, FL ... Where she was sad-but-charming, and where she kicked Irina Begu's ass (much to the displeasure of Begu's chain-smoking mama, who bitched at me for cheering for Miki ... and I told her to STUFF it -- I certainly knew tennis etiquette ... Especially in a horror-hole like the club in FWB. Mirjana crushed her in the last two sets and, when congratulated, said very humbly: "Thanks. It's nice because she beat me two weeks ago." All the while, she was scanning the "draw" ... which was a dirty white-board at that godforsaken event.

I will never forget the opinion of a (very pleasant & flashy) Croatian gentleman who came to see her play, with his very kind wife, and who said: "Well, she is nothing. It is useless. Mentally, she is done."

I did not know enough to counter him with a strong opinion at that particular time, but she must have been ranked in the 300s. You could see that her thin fingers were ice-cold, because it was a vicious Florida winter, icy and wicked humid, in that weird panhandle of Florida.

Wow. Was that a$$hole ever wrong about Mirjana. She went on to play upon the greatest stages in her sport again, against all odds, and we see her playing her best this season.

Following Mirjana's results, particularly with such knowledgeable fans, has been a pleasure and I have learned so much. I am perhaps too direct and overbearing and opinionated, but too bad. There are worse things to endure in life than strong opinions. I wish I had been more diplomatic, but I am hoping that many of you are players, and understand the particular interest in competition.

Perhaps I wouldn't have been so full of opinions if I were not a USTA 5.0-rated player, and if I were not a very aggressive player like Mirjana ... although I know how to play the %'es! I certainly may have jabbered-on too much, and I apologize, but at least I am a hungry player (and winner) of the game.

I hope Mirjana experiences the key breakthrough she has been working to achieve: a Slam QF, SF, or a WTA singles title.

I honestly don't know if she will manage that, but I absolutely believe she can do that much.

Kudos to her and to all her great fans when it happens. And for anyone whose nose got out of joint because I posted here ... Get real.

Best~
Good luck in Asia. But, you should still post here if you find the time. Your witty commentary will be missed.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #712
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Wow. Today was tragic.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #713
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
This will also mark the end of my posts/commentary here. Gearing-up to move to Asia, work-wise.
They have Internet in Asia

Good luck with the move!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #714
country flag 10SGUMP

10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice 10SGUMP is just really nice

Nice effort today. WTF?
10SGUMP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #715
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
They have Internet in Asia

Good luck with the move!
Thanks and truly last post! The kind words are appreciated! YES there is Internet in Asia (purpose of the move) but everything becomes a time-management issue. I will certainly have access to Mirjana's results but will not have the time I really enjoyed dedicating to comments about her tennis.

Plus, it will allow others to come back to the forum who supposedly stayed away because I had opinions. That's great, and my policy is: every thought/comment/opinion must stand on its own merit, regardless of the author.

Best to ALL Mirjana's admirers and to her, too.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #716
country flag WhatTheDeuce

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

You can't leave Ian. Please. Say you'll still post.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #717
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you won't be posting anymore, MikiReturns Your posts on Alex S. were always brutally fun to read

Regarding Mirjana-- lost 2 & 1 after a great IW. WTF?
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #718
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Sorry to hear you won't be posting anymore, MikiReturns Your posts on Alex S. were always brutally fun to read

Regarding Mirjana-- lost 2 & 1 after a great IW. WTF?
Then I leave you with this parting gift: Stevenson just retired while losing a qualifying match to the great Indy de Vroome at a $15K in England. Seriously. It was a terrible blow to her "British Tour."

If anyone ever feels bad about Mirjana, just think of Stevenson.

Gosh, I love tennis! Farewell! Truly!

-----------------------

AS: "Excuse me. Excuse me. I do not believe I shall be able to complete this match."

UMPIRE: "Why?"

AS: "I feel a certain pain in my butt."

UMPIRE: "What?"

AS: "My butt. It pains me. I must forego this contest."

UMPIRE: "You what?"

AS: "Madam de Vroom is fortunate that I am feeling such pains. I shall conquer her in the future, however."

UMPIRE: "Future? You'll what?"

AS: "Please have my car sent 'round at the earliest convenience."

UMPIRE: "You what? You have a what?"

AS: "Yes, and I believe I shall take my afternoon tea with Mother in the drawing-room."

UMPIRE: "You want what?"

AS:"Is there anyone here who knows how to take care of a star? Most tiresome."

UMPIRE: "You WHAT?"

AS: "Mother, I feel faint. Will you please call our team of attorneys and solicit their professional powers to handle such tedious matters?"

SAMANTHA STEVENSON: "Call our WHAT?"
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #719
ajmo!

Still can't explain to myself this score vs. Zhang who got crushed by BMS.
Mirjana is in doubles draw, plays with Zheng. Draw is as hard as it gets. They play Hsieh/Peng who easily defeated Errani/Vinci in IW. Maybe it would be better if they played 2nd seeded Hlavackova/Hradecka who they are gonna play if they put on a miracle.
Latest singles match was not a miracle for niether one of them, Mirjana won 3 games against Zhang (I'm still shocked when I think of it) and Zheng 3 against Pervak.

Zheng lately played doubles with Llagostera who is injured and they had some nice results point wise but in last two tournaments lost to Srebotnik/Petrova and won all together in two mathes 4 games. Not promising.
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM   #720
ajmo!

In all segments of stats better (even more points won) but lost the match.
61 26 6-10