Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 221 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:10 AM   #3301
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

I must be a big fan of hers because this loss terribly affected my mood. I feel like after my football team just lost a playoff game.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:51 AM   #3302
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM   #3303
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Romanian player losing a final set tiebreak? I guess this has never happened before.

Anyway, it's already a success for her at this rate to hold for such a long match on WTA level. I wouldn't have thought this was possible a couple of weeks ago. Let's hope for a great claycourt season.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM   #3304
country flag MalJackson

MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold

completely brutal loss for alex

should never of lost this
only positive is that she is showing good level

peng and amg are solid players
MalJackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM   #3305
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Romanian player losing a final set tiebreak? I guess this has never happened before.

Anyway, it's already a success for her at this rate to hold for such a long match on WTA level. I wouldn't have thought this was possible a couple of weeks ago. Let's hope for a great claycourt season.
It's not about losing the tiebreak, it's about her not being able to win the match without going into the tiebreak or into the third set at all.

I have to disagree about seeing this match as a succes for Alex. It was a huge succes for Medina, instead. When you hold a 7-5 4-2 40-30 lead and you're on serve you are expected to win, not to let yourself dragged into a deciding set. Unless you're a Romanian (see Cadantu - Watson match in AO this year or Cirstea - Watson match in Miami, last year). Same shitty story once again.
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM   #3306
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't follow the match on livescores, but if it was like that, then she really should have won.

Yeah, making things more complicated than they should is a classic Romanian thing. One reason may be that they can't get a cheap point on serve (at key points) and will always be dependent on the fighting spirit of the other. I'm also 100% sure Simona would have lost a final TB yesterday if it has gotten that far after all the blown chances.

I don't mind losing a final set TB, but in most cases, the match should have been won before that...

Still, I try to make the best out of this and think that playing a 3 hour match was already a good sign. I remember their match at Marbella 2 years ago which was an abolute nailbiter. Alexandra's perfect drop shot to set up MP.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM   #3307

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Well, the glass is half full when it's half empty...
If she had lost 0-6 0-6 I wouldn't have minded at all. But at this score I have to say I'm dissapointed. I only expected more, because she obviously can do more.
A win here: 50 ranking points, up 70 places in the rankings and the chance to play some qualies in some high-level events in the clay season (when she'll run out of PR entries), instead of 10K & 25K ITF events.
Her loss: none of the above.

As for the 3h match... She already proved she can do this several times since her comeback after injury (Arruabarena-Vecino, Peng). I want to see her winning 3h+ matches. Besides that, they played like 1h 30 min, then they had a break for almost 4h due to a monsoon, and when they resumed they played for another 1h 30 min, so... plenty of time to recover from eventual fatigue from the first session.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3308
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Losing a match after being a set and a break up is something so unusual in WTA? Are you kidding me? I think that losing a set after a break up lead is very normal in women tennis. In fact this is how the things work in WTA
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM   #3309
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Alex So sad she couldn't hold it.

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM   #3310

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Losing a match after being a set and a break up is something so unusual in WTA? Are you kidding me? I think that losing a set after a break up lead is very normal in women tennis. In fact this is how the things work in WTA
For Patricia Lacranjan perhaps it isn't so unusual.
For good players yes, it's rather unusual, statisticlly speaking
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3311
country flag MalJackson

MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold MalJackson is a splendid one to behold

Guys in the uk we use this way of thought for something we believe in

THROUGH THICK AND THIN

through the good times and the bad

i predict many happy days for alex

too talented
MalJackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3312
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
For Patricia Lacranjan perhaps it isn't so unusual.
For good players yes, it's rather unusual, statisticlly speaking
In this case, the only good player existing is Serena Williams
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:40 PM   #3313

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
In this case, the only good player existing is Serena Williams
Was a good player. Nowadays all I see is bad attitude and tricks to make her opponents lose. And luckily for her, it still works.
Kvitova, Sharapova, Barthel, Li, Stephens, as inconsistent as they are, are by far better players that that old hag. IMHO, obviously
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:46 PM   #3314
country flag grs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Was a good player. Nowadays all I see is bad attitude and tricks to make her opponents lose. And luckily for her, it still works.
Kvitova, Sharapova, Barthel, Li, Stephens, as inconsistent as they are, are by far better players that that old hag. IMHO, obviously
I don't like her but she's an exceptional player, better at miles distance that all the girls who wrote, even that she has in her 30. The only one who is closer to her from this plate and fad generation is Azarenka.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3315
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalJackson View Post
Guys in the uk we use this way of thought for something we believe in

THROUGH THICK AND THIN
But on TF, it's ON THE BANDWAGON, OFF THE BANDWAGON.

J/k.

The match ended at three hours exactly

Well, playing Anabel has always gone the distance with Alex; just this time she lost.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote