Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 177 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:05 AM   #2641
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

If Davenport had reached 7 slams she would've been considered a greater player than Justine IMO.
but her career achievements are still incredibly great. I hope Masha can emulate that kind of legacy.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:05 AM   #2642
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

I hope there's a teen player out there right now that has built their game around Davenport's because I'd so love to see a player like that come back into the WTA. I know Kvitova shows glimpses of it but imo she does not hit as flat or as cleanly as Davenport did.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM   #2643
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

The sound off Lindsay's racket everytime she struck the ball. Nothing like it.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2644
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

like a whistle
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:28 AM   #2645
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
If Davenport had reached 7 slams she would've been considered a greater player than Justine IMO.
but her career achievements are still incredibly great. I hope Masha can emulate that kind of legacy.
She already has or is close. It's far from an exact science of course, but even if you use this points system or something that is comparable she's not that far away when you consider that she still has quite a few years to add to her career. And ever since her recovery from the shoulder injury she seems each year to be getting just that little bit better than the year before. Exciting times. Of course she lost some time because of that injury, but hopefully she can add those 'lost years' by playing a bit longer than she otherwise would have. Not impossible since she seems to pace herself in that she doesn't play too many, but also not too few tournaments. A good formula for a long career.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:45 AM   #2646
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
The sound off Lindsay's racket everytime she struck the ball. Nothing like it.
She was incredible. But I was nevertheless first and foremost a Hingis fan in those days. She didn't have the power, but she definitely had the skills. How someone with the physique of a junior could compete with all these big girls was amazing to me. She was so crafty that I sometimes got goosebumps watching her - brought tears to my eyes one moment and I couldn't stop laughing the next. I never got as close to having a tennis orgasm as while I was watching Hingis.

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:47 AM   #2647
Forever Sharapova.

Did you ever get to see any matches live between the greats Chrissie-fan?
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:57 AM   #2648
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Did you ever get to see any matches live between the greats Chrissie-fan?
No. I don't like big crowds and feel uncomfortable in them. I once had a subsription for the opera and since I had payed for it I obviously did go see every new production there was. But I was glad when the season was over because I was always happier to get out than to go in, even though I love opera.

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:58 AM   #2649
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I must see Maria live within the next year. I'll be trying to meet her even after retirement
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 12:59 AM   #2650
Forever Sharapova.

I saw her match vs Tsveti last year at Wimbledon live
I must be an omen because that match was hell to witness
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:00 AM   #2651
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
She was incredible. But I was nevertheless first and foremost a Hingis fan in those days. She didn't have the power, but she definitely had the skills. How someone with the physique of a junior could compete with all these big girls was amazing to me. She was so crafty that I sometimes got goosebumps watching her - brought tears to my eyes one moment and I couldn't stop laughing the next. I never got as close to having a tennis orgasm as while I was watching Hingis.
I too loved Martina. Incredible all round player, loved watching her in doubles also.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:02 AM   #2652
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen her live a few times, most recently against Zvonareva at Cincy '11. It was great to see Hotmesserrorpova in the flesh

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:02 AM   #2653
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I would've seen her live last year had she not withdrawn from Montreal

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:05 AM   #2654
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see her play at her best but I would love to see an errorpova/Dulgheru in Miami type match too.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:06 AM   #2655
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I must see Maria live within the next year. I'll be trying to meet her even after retirement
Well, good luck. Once a fan, always a fan.

Closed Thread