Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1261
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If she makes it official before the Tuesday's oop is released:

Sharapova takes Azarenka's spot.
Li will take Sharapova's spot.
Wozniacki takes Li's spot.
Cibulkova takes Wozniacki's spot.
Safarova takes Cibulkova's spot.
Lepchenko takes Safarova's spot.
Shvedova takes Lepchenko's spot.
Q/LL takes Shvedova's spot.

Is she makes it official after the Tuesday's oop is released, but prior to the 1st match of the event:

Shvedova takes Azarenka's spot.
Q/LL takes Shvedova's spot.

After play has started:

Q/LL takes Azarenka's spot.
Does all this mean that Woz now has to play the opponents that were orginally to be Li's?

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #1262
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Confidence is part of it, but part of it is her game is just not there yet. I mean Caro literally didn't get on top at any point, she didn't even threaten a come back really. I didn't think her fight was missing, she just didn't seem to have any way of influencing the match today.

The problem with your suggestions is there a lot harder to do vs Sharapova than Kerber. Sharapova is hitting a lot flatter, heavier, harder ball at you. It's much harder to hit dropshots consistently, especially if you are not that confident in doing so. Errani was able to hit a couple of nice drop shots vs Sharapova that won her the points, but she could implement it so little that it failed to have much of an effect. You're not going to be hitting drop shots if your opponent consistently has you pinned behind the baseline.

As for moonballs, in my opinion trying that today would have been suicidal. Maria is one of the best moonball killers in the game. It doesn't surprise me that Caro didn't go to it today. And that is without going into the fact that it will be harder to hit deep moonballs off of the ball Maria gives you.
I agree with all of this post. I think though that there is a general underestimate of how well Sharapova played today and I'm not convinced at all that Caro suddenly played worse and that caused her to lose. The big area Sharapova has improved out of nowhere that I couln't believe was her movement. There was a point Caro started to play really well when the score was 15-40 on Sharapova's server at 4-2 and Caro had 2BPs. She hit a forehand DTL - her most improved shot. Sharapva ran to and got to. Caro followed that exactly right with a shot deep in the other corner that Sarapova teared to and retrieved. She'd never used to have got anywhere near to that. Then Caro didn't do enough. Mid court on the backhand side but Sharapova easily ran to that and hit a clean winner. When you have to do so much - it's hard. nd yout stats start looking bad.

The only two ways Caro as going to win a point yesterday was like I described but she must keep going to the corners on the 3rd shot and beyond. The other way was a Sharapova error.

Caro didn't take the chance of an overhead smash which she put out. But they are far harder when you are being rushed and outplayed and it's your only chance you played well and controlled the point to execute the smash and get the point. Against Kerber the pressure, the being rushed all the time wasn't as great and she made all those smashes. Right at the end on Caro's last serve game Caro made UEs on backhand and forehand to surrender that game. That was the result of a batterring. But Caro's stats look awful and like she was worse - but she didn't really get a chance to do anything.

She's never been better than these top player at their best - but in her 2010-2011 years Caro has been overall better at not letting her level drop and has been able by and large to make it very difficult for her opponents to play at their best for a whole match. I'm doubtful the Caro at her best would have been able to cope in this final. Anyway, although she's not at her level she was - she's better so far than 2012. I do like that forehand DTL she's starting to use. But let's not go overboard with doom on this beartdown. Do you think Sharapova and Azarenka ever thought Serena is just too good after a beatdown. I'll never beat her. I might as well pack it in?

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Mar 18th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1263
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Players like Kvitova & Sharapova hit aggressive shots and they can go off form.
Caro has to extend this kind of match. A few points, ads and break points are huge in a match like this.
Maria did not play as well as this in 2012 Miami final. But even if Petra or Maria look 'on', Caro has to play key points well & keep the match going. Cant give up, especially at majors, like Li match

Its disappointing because a close final would have us more optimistic, but her effort level is excellent and I'd like to see the same in Miami. Cant let one loss be a deterrent to a successful comeback to the top

Sharapova has had embarrassing losses also. Cant let it stop you from focusing & competing
This is so true. Very difficult to do anything against Sharapova yesterday but there were two chinks in the match, If Caro could be very strong - she could have done better and make Sharapova have to work harder to win. They were at 2-4 on Sharpova's serve in both sets. They were Caro's chance. Of course when you are rushed and you only have one chance and you must take that - it's harder. But taking them - she still loses if Sharapova keeps her level up. But make Sharapova HAVE to keep her level up for longer and maybe she won't be able to.

But where did Sharapova get that movement and speed from? She was lightning fast and this is her biggest improvement on last year.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1264
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its a few key points. She had ads for 3-4 in set 2. Missed that overhead in set 1 when the match was close.
When a top 3 player is "on", Caro has to come up big in key moments. She didnt here. But she was outplayed anyway.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #1265
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
This is so true. Very difficult to do nything against Sharapova yesterday but there were two chinks in the match, If Caro coul be very strong - she could have done better and make Sharapova have to work harder to win. They were at 2-4 on Sharpova's serve in both sets. They were Caro's chance. Of course when you are rushed and you only have one chance and you must take that - it's harder. But taking them - she still loses if Sharapova keeps her level up. But make Sharapova HAVE to keep her level up for longer and maybe she won't be able to.

But where did Sharapova get that movement and speed from? She was lightning fast and this is her biggest improvement on last year.
And even last year she improved her movement a lot from what it had been earlier in her career. She wouldn't have won the FO if she hadn't.

Sharapova was very, very good yesterday. To be honest I don't think that Caro had a chance. But it's been awhile since I've been so happy with Caro's overall play in a tournament. She's really done us proud.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #1266
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly Azarenka is not out of Miami. Stupid twitter, stupid GM. Apologies. There were a lot of skeptics of the news anyway as no journalists I'd ever heard of were tweeting as such.

Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Received confirmation from Azarenka's team that despite reports, Victoria has NOT withdrawn from Miami, is still in the tournament as of now
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #1267
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

She's playing Keys or a Qualifier in R2, she probably thinks she can win that on one leg if necessary. Not that I wish anything bad to happen to her, or any player for that matter, but if she's still struggling and she decides to play I hope it backfires.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #1268
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro could somehow rob her opponents of some time to set up for their shots, that would be fairly helpful. That's something her peers Vika, Aga, and Kvitova do to varying degrees.

How long does Caro's Yonex contract run for? I tried searching for it but I couldn't find anything. Caro's frying pan claim not withstanding, I'm not convinced that she's necessarily using a racquet most suited to her game.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #1269
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
If Caro could somehow rob her opponents of some time to set up for their shots, that would be fairly helpful. That's something her peers Vika, Aga, and Kvitova do to varying degrees.

How long does Caro's Yonex contract run for? I tried searching for it but I couldn't find anything. Caro's frying pan claim not withstanding, I'm not convinced that she's necessarily using a racquet most suited to her game.
That a good question I always said Babolat or Head would be best for her. Any one know when her Yonex contract over

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #1270
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has a four-year contract with Yonex, if this is correct, than it ends at the end of 2014!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #1271
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetically speaking,Caro couldn't do all of her promo work for one racket...and then use another one on court,right??Even if she did absolutely nothing to verbally praise or endorse the non-sponsored racket,Yonex would still treat it as a breach of contract if Caro were seen using another racket at a tour event,isn't that correct??

I was thinking that it'd be hard to void any current contract unless there were some legal misdeeds on Yonex's part.Caro could still do a lot to promote Yonex(while quietly employing another racket that worked better for her).However,my guess is that racket companies probably have strong legal wording in their contracts to avoid the scenario mentioned above

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #1272
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Very Good Blog Mitten Kitten Enjoy alot
thank you! I really appriciate it!
I mostly write of matches I could watch so it depends on my ski-racing schedule, which is little packed for the next weeks...but I'll try to watch some matches or at least the highlights and give a final review of miami and maybe a preview before QF if I have time
from then on, it should be easier for me to find time for the blog, since snow will be mostly melted

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #1273
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
That a good question I always said Babolat or Head would be best for her. Any one know when her Yonex contract over
Well, is it really that hard for the people at Yonex to design a racquet for Caro that's in line with her wishes and that works best for her? Or is racquet science as complex as rocket science?

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #1274
country flag gegalli

gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold

Wanna see more?

Here: http://wtaangels.blogspot.com.br/201...s-is-me-3.html
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1275
country flag gegalli

gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold gegalli is a splendid one to behold

My bad if it isn't a pictures thread... sorry.
Anyway, I'm a Caro fan.