Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 173 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2581
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that was the final World shattered I want to see more! Also really jealous of all you guys living in cities like London,Paris ect. where there are so many concerts. I so want to see Alt-J live but I can't see them coming to Athens any time soon and the worst thing is I'll be visiting my aunt in Paris this summer and they are having a concert at that time only it's in southern France.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #2582
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
I just can't with this studying crap anymore You college kids better find a job in the future that does not require anymore further studies. #RantOver
What do you study?

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2583
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Why eveyone is saying that she will play Charleston, when in her official and Charleston websites she is not in the list?
Cecig is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #2584
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Attended a conference on social entrepreneurship today! It was so inspiring!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #2585
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may have found the reason why Maria said she wasn't the next anyone all those years ago

During 2002 Wimbledon Anna said....

During 2003 Wimbledon Maria said...

This is where I got the Anna part http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...criticism.html

And this is where I got Maria's http://english.pravda.ru/health/02-0...7-sharapova-0/
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #2586
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
I think I may have found the reason why Maria said she wasn't the next anyone all those years ago

During 2002 Wimbledon Anna said....

During 2003 Wimbledon Maria said...

This is where I got the Anna part http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...criticism.html

And this is where I got Maria's http://english.pravda.ru/health/02-0...7-sharapova-0/
Poor Anna. I wonder if she feels a little nauseous every time she sees Maria win yet another title in a still thriving tennis career.

Maria is everything she could only dream of being, on and off the court. And the very name "Kournikova" became associated with sports failure.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #2587
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect Kournikova was not a failure. She made more money doing what she loved that maybe 99% of the world has.

Even if her career was cut short due to injury, she still made herself be a huge success, on and off court.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #2588
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
With all due respect Kournikova was not a failure. She made more money doing what she loved that maybe 99% of the world has.

Even if her career was cut short due to injury, she still made herself be a huge success, on and off court.
Its def no failure but I wouldn't have called her career a success. During her peak years 1998 to 2000 it looked as though she was destined to do some good things (top 10, slam qtrs, maybe the odd semi, win some titles eventually)and unfortunately her career was cut short and she achieved far less than what was expected of her.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #2589
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I wouldn't have called her career a success though. During her peak years 1998 to 2000 it looked as though she was destined to do some good things (top 10, slam qtrs, maybe the odd semi, win some titles eventually)and unfortunately her career was cut short.
Yeah but she still made top 10. That's an accomplishment most never do.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #2590
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah but she still made top 10. That's an accomplishment most never do.
Thats true. I know its probs harsh but I always questioned whether her back was as bad as she made out and whether she was capable of coming back after a few years off like Hingis but just didnt have the motivation.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #2591
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And she's one of the most influential players ever in the history of the game. Thousands of young girls in Russia picked up a racquet because they wanted to be like Anna. And as far as off court earnings are concerned todays players have a lot to thank her for as well. Players have earned lots of money away from the courts for as long as professional tennis exists, but Kournikova really took it to a whole other level, and the likes of a Sharapova, Li, Woz and so on now reap the rewards of that as well.

As a player she can only be judged on the basis of her earliest years on the tour I feel. Later on when she started struggling with all those back and foot injuries she was only a shadow of her former self. It's hard to say how far she could have gone without her injury problems because she was playing in a very tough era. But when you consider that she was already top 10 in singles and #1 in doubles at such a young age it's obvious that she would have done very well to say the least. If that had happened she could have been the biggest star ever in womens tennis and perhaps even the biggest sex symbol since Marilyn Monroe.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #2592
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Thats true. I know its probs harsh but I always questioned whether her back was as bad as she made out and whether she was capable of coming back after a few years off like Hingis but just didnt have the motivation.
Well her doctors probably told her, that it's a back injury, they are known to resurface, and when they do it's normally worse than the first time. I understand if it was like a wrist injury or something, you can find ways to let that heal and come back, but if she hurt her back again it wouldn't just effect her tennis career, but her day to day life. I think that's why so many, Golovin and Safina included haven't come back.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #2593
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah true. Back injuries seem to be the end of tennis players.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2594
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
What do you study?
Craig I'm doing Actuarial, it's insurance math, psychotic mix of statistics, probability, finance, accounting. Definitely going crazy soon
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #2595
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Miami chat thread is live in time for qualification and first round matches
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=507842
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread