INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1576
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Indian Wells has really lifted my spirits. It's emotionally been the best week of what for me personally has so far been an extremely dreadful year. It was exciting for me to see Caro doing well again at a big event and she made me forget at least for awhile about the painfull stuff. And after the initial disappointment over the lost final I'm very happy for Maria as well.

Strange what this game called tennis can do for someone.
It's been an amazing week for both girls! It can only help them gain confidence!

Btw I know it would be a disaster but I've always thought that Maria and Caro should team up and play doubles together!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1577
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Found this article completely pathetic

http://www.oregonlive.com/the-spin-o...ria_shara.html

Maria in the "losers" category
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1578
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Btw I know it would be a disaster but I've always thought that Maria and Caro should team up and play doubles together!
Well, I agree that it would be a disaster. But at least it would have some entertainment value as well.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1579
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post

You know how it goes. "I want attention, so I'll say something completely moronic." It always works. It's every columnists or bloggers road to success. Just ask Bodo.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1580
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It takes a lot of skill to play the style Maria does and be as successful as she has for as long as she has. It's high-risk, high-wire stuff and it's exciting to watch. You never know when a run of spectacular shots or spectacular errors will occur. I'm always on the edge of my seat watching her and put through an emotional roller coaster. There are a lot of players past and present that have tried to implement this way of playing and yet never achieved a fraction of the success or longevity Maria has. And the reason is that Maria is really talented at what she does and better than most. It isn't easy to duplicate her style. And yet, she still doesn't get credit for being so good for so long. And I've certainly been guilty of not giving her her due as well.

But he's not close to being the first commentator to whine about Maria being boring. I think guys like this just hate and resent Maria because she doesn't do the slice and dice, serve and volley, more refined style that media snobs deem real tennis. What Maria does is beneath them.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #1581
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
It's been an amazing week for both girls! It can only help them gain confidence!

They'd both stay on the baseline
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1582
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

This guy Douglas Perry is the biggest loser. Best not to write anything if you don't know what to write. Maria is the least boring player I know even if I wasn't supporting her. I find her power and precision highly exhilirating.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #1583
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
This guy Douglas Perry is the biggest loser. Best not to write anything if you don't know what to write. Maria is the least boring player I know even if I wasn't supporting her. I find her power and precision highly exhilirating.
Well, like I said in my previous post on the subject - I think it's a mistake to think that any of the type of characters that write down stuff like this are giving us their honest opinions. They just want to get noticed. And you don't get noticed by writing down the obvious or by agreeing with public opinion. You get noticed when you ruffle some feathers. And it always works. We're discussing him, right? That's all he wants, and it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't insulted Maria. It's GM stuff. The biggest trolls get most of the attention.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #1584
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dumb. Implying that she's incapable of beating Azarenka is stupid, even worse saying that the win didn't generate much interest. She carried the tournament, and there seemed to be a pretty big crowd at the final.

I just noticed her twitter followers have been boosted following the win, which is also nice to see. Almost at 160K now.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #1585
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Dumb. Implying that she's incapable of beating Azarenka is stupid, even worse saying that the win didn't generate much interest. She carried the tournament, and there seemed to be a pretty big crowd at the final.

I just noticed her twitter followers have been boosted following the win, which is also nice to see. Almost at 160K now.
Nice that she finally decided to start promoting her account at IW . We'll see if a deep run in Miami increases her followers closer to 170k
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #1586
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Watch all winner of her and i recognize her FH in this tournament is damn good
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 TitlesNew Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1587
country flag Pova fan

Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light Pova fan is a glorious beacon of light

Probably already mentioned but can't believe they played Redfoo / LMFAO - Sexy and I know it after Maria's win
Pova fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1588
country flag MariaManiac

MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pova fan View Post
Probably already mentioned but can't believe they played Redfoo / LMFAO - Sexy and I know it after Maria's win
Vika was controlling the sound system
MariaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #1589
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I've watched the final several times now, and I still get nervous when she's hitting a second serve. I keep expecting them to come.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #1590
country flag MariaManiac

MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
I've watched the final several times now, and I still get nervous when she's hitting a second serve. I keep expecting them to come.
I feel you!

I'm expecting a double EVERY time she has to play a second serve.
MariaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote