What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players? - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #181
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Who made that claim?
Read through the thread.
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #182
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by naranka View Post
I don't believe in any god. I find organized religion repugnant and the root of most evils (war, murder, persecution, intolerance, among other things) -- but I would never call myself an atheist. Why?

Because atheists share something in common with the religious, whom they decry: Atheists think they know for sure, without any doubt, that there is no god. Yet it is hypocritical for atheists to deride people with religious beliefs for having faith in a god when atheists are as certain in their belief that there is not a god as religious people are that there is a god.
No one can know for sure either way: You have to be dead to know. As an agnostic, I don't believe in a god, but I can't be 100% certain. No one (living) can.
Exactly this.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #183
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
I don't even try to understand atheism. Why should I? However the atheists seem addicted into the problems of believers and are very keen to enlighten them about their wrong perception. And even if they don't, they call them idiots and morons instead
That's because religious people try to shove their moral system in the lives of people who are not religious
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #184
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

I'm not keen on religion.
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #185
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lielabet7 View Post
I think Sharapova is a Christian coz I have often seen her kiss the cross she wears around her neck and also when she wins, after she has thanked the crowd, she always kisses her hand and raises it to the sky aswell as her head - thanking God.
THIS.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #186
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Are you sure? Because I wouldn't be surprised if, for instance, Lisicki belonged to Lutheran Church. After all her father has some German roots. I just speculate here, but it's not like 100% Poles are Catholic. We even had a Lutheran prime-minister, remember?

I know only of Agnieszka declaring herself as a practicing Catholic:

Sabs has described herself as "a good Catholic girl" and claims she is a regular churchgoer, fwiw.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #187
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

It's funny because I find Chrisian athletes so inspiring (as a Christian myself). It's the reason Tim Tebow is my favorite athlete in the history of sports!

I'm very liberal but I also have a lot of faith in God & Jesus. So when a tennis player says "thank you God" I understand where they're coming from. It isn't saying that God had something to do with the results, but that he allowed that person to live & be part of a great moment. As well as knowing all the hard work paid off. It's like an old Christian tale my mom use to say:

"A man was praying, and God responded you have to first help yourself before I can help you."

Also I don't see why any atheist would have an issue with a believers expression of faith. If there was an atheist sign or language I wouldn't care if he or she expressed it to the public. I guest I'm just very liberal and go by the rule live & let live. As a Chrisian myself I want to be able to spread my faith, & thank God for my all my blessings.

Also does anyone know what's Andy Murray belief? He always point at the sky when he wins a match.
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #188
country flag goat

goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future goat has a brilliant future

The rodionova sisters are satanic and wear upside down crosses.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #189
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
The rodionova sisters are satanic and wear upside down crosses.
lmfao

this literally made me lol
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #190
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

Giorgi is Catholic but she stated she is a non-practicing one...

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #191
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

what about Petra Kvitova, does anybody know?
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #192
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
what about Petra Kvitova, does anybody know?
She could be atheist. Or Catholic.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #193
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMila View Post
Giorgi is Catholic but she stated she is a non-practicing one...
I thought she was Jewish...
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 02:55 AM   #194
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Kvitova is stupid, so I presume she is religious.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote