INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #1546
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Missed the match, but can't contain my excitement so am posting this from work. Secretly of course

Congrats baby girl! Time to bring out my cosmic pattern... The year Maria won IW she won USO the very same year. The rest of that season doesn't apply though
and SF at the Australian Open
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1547
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Awwwwww, don't be sad though, even if she obviously said "On to Miami" etc. etc. I think she played a good tournament. As I said somewhere else, it's nothing but the real difference between #3 and #10, just like - say - the difference between Serena and the rest, it's not a shame. ....

......Still, Caro's getting better than her 2012 which was quite awful, she's not like 2010-11 when she was a no-error machine for real but she deserves a spot in the top 10 so far.
I'm reasonably happy. I'm after all also a Maria fan, so I'm happy for her. And as far as Caroline is concerned, well, it's not as though I expected that she would win this. Before the tournament started I definitely would have signed for having Maria as the winner and Caroline as the runner-up. Of course, once Caro was actually in the final I hoped for even more, that's normal I think, even though I knew that her chances were pretty slim at best. So no, I'm happy with her making the final. Maria was just better on the day and is a better player overall.

But it's also clear to me that it's very unlikely that Caroline will ever win a major or a YEC. The gap between her best and what Vika, Serena, Maria, Na, Petra and Aga have to offer has become too big. She missed her window of opportunity in 2010-2011. Not that I considered her one of the top favorites even in those days, but the level of the other top players was not as high, at least not on a consistent basis, as it is today and Caroline herself was playing well enough to have an outside chance of taking advantage of that sooner or later if a draw opened up for her.

It never happened even though she came close a couple of times, and now it's too late because her own level has dropped while everyone else's has gone up. And even if she gets back to her level of 2010-2011 it won't be enough anymore. She'll have to be better than she was in those days to have any sort of chance of doing it now, and I can't see that happen. She missed the boat or fell overboard midway through and late in 2011 when she started struggling while the other important players of her age group (Kvitova, Vika, Aga) made their move and she's been swimming ever since to catch up but she's only seen that boat disappearing ever further into the distance.

But it is what it is and I don't mind rooting for someone who by normal standards is still having an amazing career. I see that she's gone up a spot on the ranking list, she's just made the final of a premier mandatory and she's doing well in the race, so it's all good. I now hope for a good draw in Miami so that she can follow this up with a decent run there as well.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #1548
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But it is what it is and I don't mind rooting for someone who by normal standards is still having an amazing career. I see that she's gone up a spot on the ranking list, she's just made the final of a premier mandatory and she's doing well in the race, so it's all good. I now hope for a good draw in Miami so that she can follow this up with a decent run there as well.
*nods* - Yes - well said - We fans of Masha understand - we had to as well during 2009 - 2010 and 2011 - One thing that surprised me was that Masha and Caroline kissed after the match - something Masha rarely does - they must like each other
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1549
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
She can't even lift the trophy
Masha has to be careful with heavy overhead lifting due to her shoulder surgery - She was very smart NOT even try - I'm sure she has the muscle strength to do it
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1550
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
One thing that surprised me was that Masha and Caroline kissed after the match - something Masha rarely does - they must like each other
Well, no matter how much TF hates her guts, I think it's hard not to like Caro in real life. And I think that Caroline interacts with Maria as a normal person and doesn't see her as 'the enemy' or has any feelings of jealousy and Maria probably appreciates that. I also think that Maria is a bit missunderstood by those who think of her as some evil bitch or something. She's just more of an introvert than the likes of a Caroline, Serena or Kim, but that doesn't make her a bad person. Her refusing to socialize much with other players is not an act of arrogance in my opinion. She just fears that if she has too close a relationship with the other girls that she might find it harder to get motivated when she has to play them. It's harder to beat up on a friend than on someone you're indifferent about. But she's only human and there are always bound to be a few girls out there who you have a soft spot for, no matter how guarded you are, and Caroline seems to be one of them. Cool, I like that.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #1551
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

congratz Maria, finally a hard cout title and first title of 2013 this must give her lots of confidence into another tournaments, good luck

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1552
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Really nice article from Bodo (words I never thought I'd type) on Maria's win today:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UUZDzxykrvs
Peter Bodo is a douche - What else could he have written after Masha's stellar performance? - Just give him the slightest chance and he'll whine about Masha's shrieks - her routines - how she slaps her thigh - her being Russian and vocal about it - her living in Brandenton Fla - how she should kiss the American soil she walks on and how she's to thank the USA for her success
Is Maria Sharapova's patriotism authentic?
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1553
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Peter Bodo is a douche - What else could he have written after Masha's stellar performance? - Just give him the slightest chance and he'll whine about Masha's shrieks - her routines - how she slaps her thigh - her being Russian and vocal about it - her living in Brandenton Fla - how she should kiss the American soil she walks on and how she's to thank the USA for her success
Is Maria Sharapova's patriotism authentic?
I don't read Bodo's stuff anymore. He lacks objectivity, in fact he doesn't even try and he's just as prejudiced against certain players (Maria, Caroline, Clijsters, etc..) as the average TF troll.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1554
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But she's only human and there are always bound to be a few girls out there who you have a soft spot for, no matter how guarded you are, and Caroline seems to be one of them. Cool, I like that.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #1555
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I definitely think the exhibitions Maria and Caroline played helped, especially the one before Indian Wells last year. Before those they never really had warm handshakes.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #1556
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yes. Kim is another one of those girls that are hard to dislike. It's possible on a tennis forum, but not once you get to interact with her I think.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1557
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
I definitely think the exhibitions Maria and Caroline played helped, especially the one before Indian Wells last year. Before those they never really had warm handshakes.
thankyou!
that's what I said. though I pointed out in terms of game tactics, and not friendly handshakes
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1558
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
It's possible. There's probably more contact between players at those events than there would be at a regular tournament where you can avoid each other more easily.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #1559
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
thankyou!
that's what I said. though I pointed out in terms of game tactics, and not friendly handshakes
When it comes to tactics it also helped that Hogstedt has worked with Caroline as well. But I think that all these players already know what it takes to beat each other and it basically all comes down to who can best excecute what she has in mind.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1560
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I should have posted this in the results thread, but I only just made it so couldn't last night

"Give it up, come on give it up give it up" love Oracene.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote