WCC - West Coast Conference - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #91
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WCC - West Coast Conference

So, Nebraska plays at USD.

USD's scheduling is SO tough, so they need a quality win desperately. Nebraska is definitely a winnable target

To 'ensure' the win, I'll root for them since coach Stephens has always been nice to me and well, they ARE a So. Cal team

Remember, my 'rooting power' is considerable in that it 'helped' Mal to beat Tamira and Gulbis to beat Janko

Although I like Mary the Torreros need the win more.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #92
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
So, Nebraska plays at USD.

USD's scheduling is SO tough, so they need a quality win desperately. Nebraska is definitely a winnable target

To 'ensure' the win, I'll root for them since coach Stephens has always been nice to me and well, they ARE a So. Cal team

Remember, my 'rooting power' is considerable in that it 'helped' Mal to beat Tamira and Gulbis to beat Janko

Although I like Mary the Torreros need the win more.
WELL WELL WELL.

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/w-...031713aaa.html

Man, I'm getting too good at this 'game'

San Diego 5, #6 Nebraska 2

Singles competition

1. #10 Mary Weatherholt (NEB) def. Stephanie Hoffpauir (USD) 6-3, 6-1

2. #87 Laura Claus (USD) def. Patricia Veresova (NEB) 6-1, 6-3

3. Shani Blecher (USD) def. Stefanie Weinstein (NEB) 7-5, 6-0

4. Marta Stojanovic (USD) def. Maggy Lehmicke (NEB) 6-3, 6-4

5. Anna Depenau (USD) def. Janine Weinreich (NEB) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (11-9)

6. Cara Brown (USD) def. Izabella Zgierska (NEB) 6-1, 7-5

Doubles competition

1. #7 Mary Weatherholt/Patricia Veresova (NEB) def. Stephanie Hoffpauir/Anna Depenau (USD) 8-0

2. Stefanie Weinstein/Janine Weinreich (NEB) def. Laura Claus/Shani Blecher (USD) 9-7

3. Cara Brown/Marta Stojanovic (USD) def. Izabella Zgierska/Maggy Lehmicke (NEB) 8-6

Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (1,3,2,6,4,5)

" "I don't know what it was, but there was something about today," Head Coach Sherri Stephens said after the match. "

How about my presence and the blatant rooting, even matching the visor color(light blue IW) and SD t-shirt for good measure

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #93
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
WELL WELL WELL.

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/w-...031713aaa.html

Man, I'm getting too good at this 'game'

San Diego 5, #6 Nebraska 2

Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (1,3,2,6,4,5)

" "I don't know what it was, but there was something about today," Head Coach Sherri Stephens said after the match. "

How about my presence and the blatant rooting, even matching the visor color(light blue IW) and SD t-shirt for good measure
Wow, Great result for USD and the West Coast schools !!!

And you are good at these,
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #94
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

The WCC may be the new #3 conference?
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #95
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
The WCC may be the new #3 conference?
What, better than ACC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Wow, Great result for USD and the West Coast schools !!!

And you are good at these,

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #96
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
What, better than ACC?

I think not. But, it would help the Pac-12 teams to schedule if between the Big West and the West Coast Conference there were more ranked teams. And like, Saint Mary's the WWC and Big West might pull off an upset, and the individual players get a chance for raising their ranking. And I just like for teams based in California to win. I've got a good feeling for the coaches from UCI and St. Mary's.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #97
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from PEPP website;

2012-13 Pepperdine Women's Tennis
Pepperdine vs Saint Mary's College (Apr 12, 2013)

#42 Saint Mary's College 4, Pepperdine 1

Apr 12, 2013 at Moraga, Calif. (Saint Mary's College)

Singles competition

1. #20 Jenny Jullien (SMC) def. #31 Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) 7-5, 6-0
2. #56 Khunpak Issara (PEP) def. Catherine Isip (SMC) 6-4, 6-2
3. Danielle Flores (SMC) vs. Ale Granillo (PEP) 4-6, 6-2, 4-5, unfinished
4. Jade Frampton (SMC) vs. Megan Moore (PEP) 4-6, 6-2, 1-1, unfinished
5. Catherine Leduc (SMC) def. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
6. Audrey Leitz (SMC) def. Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 7-5, 6-2

Doubles competition
1. Khunpak Issara/Megan Moore (PEP) def. Jenny Jullien/Danielle Flores (SMC) 9-7
2. Catherine Isip/Audrey Leitz (SMC) def. Ale Granillo/Michaela Capannolo (PEP) 9-8 (7-5)
3. Jade Frampton/Elizabeth Searl (SMC) def. Lorraine Guillermo/Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 8-6

Match Notes
Pepperdine 7-11, 4-1 WCC
Saint Mary's College 11-8, 6-1 WCC; National ranking #42
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (1,2,5,6)

A veritable battle on all courts
Jenny Lorraine

--------------

Tennis Match Results
Pepperdine vs San Diego
Apr 13, 2013 at USD
(Hogan Tennis Center)

Pepperdine 4, #53 San Diego 3

Singles

1. #103 Laura Claus (USD) def. #31 Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) 6-2, 6-3
2. #56 Khunpak Issara (PEP) def. Stephanie Hoffpauir (USD) 6-0, 6-4
3. Ale Granillo (PEP) def. Shani Blecher (USD) 6-2, 6-0
4. Marta Stojanovic (USD) def. Megan Moore (PEP) 6-4, 6-7 (3-7), 6-3
5. Anna Depenau (USD) def. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) 6-2, 7-6 (10-8)
6. Danielle Feneridis (PEP) def. Cara Brown (USD) 6-2, 6-7 (3-7), 6-1

Doubles
1. Khunpak Issara/Megan Moore (PEP) def. #68 Laura Claus/Shani Blecher (USD) 8-4
2. Ale Granillo/Michaela Capannolo (PEP) def. Stephanie Hoffpauir/Anna Depenau (USD) 8-0
3. Cara Brown/Marta Stojanovic (USD) vs. Lorraine Guillermo/Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 5-4, unfinished

Issara and Guillermo separated to buttress PEPP's #3 and still #1 beats Claus/Blecher Megan is the heroine here..

Match Notes:
Pepperdine 8-11, 5-1
San Diego 10-10, 5-3; National ranking #53
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (3,2,1,5,4,6)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #98
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

from USD website

USD

DOUBLES COMPETITION

1. Le/Agra (SCU) def. Claus/Depenau (USD) 8-1

2. Lamble/McGeorge (SCU) vs. Hoffpauir/Ramser (USD) unfinished

3. Skaras/Rouvillios (SCU) def. Brown/Stojanovic (USD) 8-4

SINGLES COMPETITION

1. #28 Le (SCU) def. #108 Claus (USD) 6-3, 6-1

2. Lamble (SCU) def. Hoffpauir (USD) 3-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-4)

3. Stojanovic (USD) def. Zaniewski (SCU) 7-5, 6-3

4. Cooke (SCU) def. Depenau (USD) 6-2, 6-2

5. Rouvillios (SCU) def. Morkel-Brink (USD) 6-2 6-1

6. Skaras (SCU) def. Brown (USD) 6-1, 6-2

Blecher and Stojanovic didn't play in singles?(Blecher in dbls too)
Wonder what's the matter..
And curious recruits by SCU, Cooke & Rouvillios..they may be the factor for the SCU's recent surge..

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Apr 15th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #99
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

SCU's recent results;

Feb. 9 San Jose State University L, 4-3 Final Recap

Feb. 10 Fresno State University L, 4-3 Final Recap

Feb. 16 at Arizona L, 6-1 Final Preview | Recap

Feb. 17 at Arizona St. L, 4-3 Final Preview | Recap

Feb. 24 Cal Poly W, 4-0 Final Preview | Recap | Photos

Mar. 2 University of the Pacific W, 7-0 Final Recap | Photos

Mar. 3 at USF * W, 4-3 Final Recap

Mar. 13 SMU L, 5-2 Final Preview

Mar. 23 BYU * W, 5-2 Final Preview | Recap

Mar. 28 at LMU * W, 5-2 Final Preview | Recap

Mar. 30 at Pepperdine University * L, 6-1 Final Preview | Recap

Mar. 31 vs. Rice @ Malibu, Calif. L, 4-1 Final Preview | Recap

Apr. 3 at Stanford University L, 5-2 Final Recap

Apr. 6 USD * W, 6-1 Final Preview | Recap

Apr. 7 Saint Mary's College * W, 4-3 Final Preview | Recap

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #100
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

The WCC will probably end up with a 3 way tie for first place between #40 St. Mary's, #58 Santa Clara and #71 Pepperdine.

#54 San Diego is locked in as the 4th seed.

The WCC Tournament is shaping up as below:

1st Round

#3 seed gets a bye to 2nd Round
#4 seed (San Diego) vs #9 Seed (Gonzaga)
#5 seed (San Francisco) vs #8 seed (Portland)
#6 seed (LMU) vs #7 seed (BYU)

2nd Round

#1 & #2 seeds gets a bye to Semi-Finals
#3 seed vs #6 (LMU)
#4 seed (San Diego) vs #5 seed (San Francisco)

Semi-Finals

#1 seed vs #4/5 winner
#2 seed vs #3/6 winner
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 01:53 AM   #101
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

4/20/13

BYU def. LMU 4-0

- LMU didn't show up for this road match.

- The only change in the seeding is that BYU is now the 6th seed and LMU the 7th seed. They will still play each other in the first round of the WCC tournament.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #102
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

If Joey's info is right, SCU had a huge coup, what an addition Maybe Sam was homesick

Le-Critser 1-2 punch, formidable

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #103
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

PEPP recruited pretty well too, adding Chiang and Maddox(next year), both are big hitters.

Wonder how USD will cope with the graduation of senior class including Claus.

With BYU also strengthening their roster...next season could be good

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #104
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Heard PEPP in fact recruited 3 players...and indeed;

Cutura, Matea 6-0 SO TR Zagreb, Croatia/Gimnazija Birotehnika/DePaul
Runglerdkriangkrai, Apichaya 5-6 FR HS Bangkok, Thailand/IMG Academy

Yuki Chiang defeated Krawczyk today in 3rd set super tiebreaker.

Now this Cutura is(from PEPP website);

"PEPPERDINE 2013-14: Transferred to Pepperdine prior to the 2013 fall season.

DEPAUL 2012-13: BIG EAST Freshman of the Year ... Posted an overall singles record of 26-9, including a 14-7 record in dual action ... Played at No. 1 singles all season ... All-BIG EAST first team in singles ... Ranked in every ITA singles poll in 2013, reaching as high as #72 and ending her freshman campaign at #94 ... Twice named the BIG EAST Player of the Week (Feb. 5 and March 13) ... Listed at #7 in the final ITA Midwest Regional rankings in singles ... 5-2 versus ranked opponents ... Defeated then #12-ranked Kate Turvy of Northwestern 6-1, 6-3 on Oct. 12, 2012 ... 20-15 overall in doubles, including 12-11 in dual action ... Saw action at #1 and #2 doubles."

- Woodrow Wilson