INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1456
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

A great way to finish the week with Maria clinching her 2nd IW title after playing a great match.
Well done, Russian Empress! Now let's conquer the East Coast.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1457
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

YESSS! So happy Mash

Now take that Miami title
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #1458
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Which I will never understand, it was one of the most beautiful trophies
Change of the sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
What's wrong with 60 year olds recognizing beauty I like a good daddy.

(now that statement was creepy)
I just find it creepy and that's it. Especially coming from that guy. Well no biggie.
And yeah, it was

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #1459
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

Good thrashing on Wozniacki
Well done, Masha. Now keep up the great work!
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #1460
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I'm so happy! This is her biggest HC title since AO 08

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #1461
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Caro wants her revenge in Miami! Hopefully there'll be a repeat of this final!
That's a routine comment from Caro though. No player will say, "I want you to spank my ass again in Miami, Maria", now will they? This match just confirms how far the top three and arguably Li Na as well when she is on are ahead of the rest of the field today. That gap really is huge. Caroline plays better than last year I feel, but not good enough to compete with the players at the very top of the game. Maria is perhaps playing her best tennis of her second career and I think she would have beaten Azarenka today and perhaps even have given (dare I say it?) Serena a run for her money. Always hard to say for sure of course because a different opponent means a different match. But still, I'm was VERY impressed with Maria today. Bodes well for the rest of the season. So congrats guys, enjoy.

And now excuse me while I go sit in a corner and have a quiet moment to myself.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1462
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think she would have beaten Azarenka today and perhaps even have given (dare I say it?) Serena a run for her money.
Might be pushing it there.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1463
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's a routine comment from Caro though. No player will say, "I want you to spank my ass again in Miami, Maria", now will they? This match just confirms how far the top three and arguably Li Na as well when she is on are ahead of the rest of the field today. That gap really is huge. Caroline plays better than last year I feel, but not good enough to compete with the players at the very top of the game. Maria is perhaps playing her best tennis of her second career and I think she would have beaten Azarenka today and perhaps even have given (dare I say it?) Serena a run for her money. Always hard to say for sure of course because a different opponent means a different match. But still, I'm was VERY impressed with Maria today. Bodes well for the rest of the season. So congrats guys, enjoy.

Caro played much better in Miami vs Maria last year though, even if I think that Maria served way better today than last year!
IW final is still a huge result for her, so that she can solidify her place in the top 10!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1464
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
Yeah weird he said that as they were rooting for Caro so desperately, though I can't blame them But it was creepy when Fibak called Maria beautiful

Btw the trophy is too heavy, nobody can lift it It's been like that since they got rid of the whale.
Fibak tried to be objective (sort of), I mean he couldn't just say that Woz will be blown away cause he'd take all the fun out of casual viewers
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1465
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MIGHT BE? She would not have given Serena a run for her money today. She didn't play THAT good. Remember her first serve % was like 33 in the first set.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1466
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:

Your posts are always so normal and down-to-earth even when things are not going your faves way, and congratulations for that. It's one of the things I respect most in life, having a good perspective on stuff and learning how to accept certain situations with grace and class. And honestly, even though she lost, Caro can take many positives out of this tournament and build on that

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1467
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, no surprise there - I'm a Caro fan.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #1468
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I'm soooo happy This performance from Maria was too good to be true Now get that IW-Miami double, Maria.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #1469
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Every time a favorite of mine whoops up on a non-favorite of mine I can't help but feel bad for the latter. At least Caro will likely stabilize in the top ten.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1470
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1) Caro can't think of competing against players like Azarenka and Sharapova if she hits 2 winners in the whole match. Even by her standards that's incredibly low.

2) The tour has figured out how to play the Great Wall of Denmark. Patience is the key to success and you'll eventually hit that winner but not in the third stroke but rather in 13th.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote