Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #2386
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Isn't it too early for abuse of power?
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #2387
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, we should do that thread. Could be interesting.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #2388
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

^^ turning 21 next month
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #2389
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I turn 19 (so old ) in 12 days.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #2390
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I was 21
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #2391
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

I'm 23 ( I feel so old here )
Cecig is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #2392
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Maria must feel like an old grandma to you guys.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #2393
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I am 25 as well, I must say it is the best age ever
Asanty is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #2394
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah congrats Craig, none of the SS mods are active and you're here a lot.
And there's actually been a few incidents where trolling in here has went unpunished ie. acetoace every day.

Also, does this mean you can only rip shit up in here or can you give warnings in GM?
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #2395
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
Guys you should really learn to not bash others It's better to just respect the other players regardless of what their fans are like. It's always my view when I see someone say they hate Maria cuz of her fans. Such a stupid reason to dislike a player.
That's right. It's not as though we're speaking for the player(s) we support. In fact, they would definitely be embarrassed about much of what is posted at TF on a daily basis. But it's very obvious that the comments from some reflect badly on a fanbase and make, as you say, other people turn against the player they support. Even in the case of Woz in 2009-2011 when the whole of TF got a collective orgasm from bashing Caro 24/7 one of the many reasons that were mentionned for hating her was "her annoying fans." Although in her case that was a rather strange reason since we were outnumbered by about a hundred to one with the mods often joining in with those hundred and you can't expect every fan to be Bambi like me and stay friendly while others are arguing that Woz should be raped or stabbed to death. And at the Woz forum many considered Sharapova's fanbase to be the worst of the lot, which was saying something, believe me. And as a result some folks there that previously never had a problem with Maria turned against her because of what her fans were saying about Woz. So yes, ridiculing and insulting other players is definitely bad PR for the player you support.

That was also the main reason why I stayed away from SS for so long. I liked Maria, but I considered SS enemy territory where my avatar and signature would have the same effect as a red handkerchief on a bull. When I finally joined here I found out that most of you are perfectly nice people, which only goes to show that a minority can seriously damage the reputation of a fanbase and that a few vile posters make more of an impression on us than a reasonable majority. Sad but true. As an example, when I say "Aga fan" the first name that will pop up into your heads will be that Stwhatever troll, as though he is somehow representative of Radwanska's fanbase.

But it's also very obvious that a lot of TF-ers don't mind any of that and that they see TF as a place where you have the Sharapova tribe, the Serena tribe, the Woz tribe, the Vika tribe, and so on. And they get a kick out of out-insulting and out-trash talking each other. To them it's what TF is and should be all about because it's there where all the "fun" is.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #2396
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Maria is nothing more than a toddler to me.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #2397
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That was also the main reason why I stayed away from SS for so long. I liked Maria, but I considered SS enemy territory where my avatar and signature would have the same effect as a red handkerchief on a bull. When I finally joined here I found out that most of you are perfectly nice people, which only goes to show that a minority can seriously damage the reputation of a fanbase and that a few vile posters make more of an impression on us than a reasonable majority. Sad but true. As an example, when I say "Aga fan" the first name that will pop up into your heads will be that Stwhatever troll, as though he is somehow representative of Radwanska's fanbase.
I think there's a lot of people who are in this situation, sadly if someone only reads GM (or someone is new on TF) they'd probably think that the entire fanbase of a player is like some... "people"... who post there, doing nothing but insulting players they hate and their fans.
I used (and sometimes I still ) mock the other players but I hope I keep cool and "ironic" enough except sometimes I actually don't like what they do or say I may point it out but as noone is perfect, there can be critics too... I hope I don't sound as harsh and bitter as GM haters when I say something against a player.

and STAHP y'all 23 years old crying about your age, what should I say as I'm 1 year and a half from turning 30? only Chrissie-fan could say something to me!
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #2398
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I think there's a lot of people who are in this situation, sadly if someone only reads GM (or someone is new on TF) they'd probably think that the entire fanbase of a player is like some... "people"... who post there, doing nothing but insulting players they hate and their fans.
I used (and sometimes I still ) mock the other players but I hope I keep cool and "ironic" enough except sometimes I actually don't like what they do or say I may point it out but as noone is perfect, there can be critics too... I hope I don't sound as harsh and bitter as GM haters when I say something against a player.
I think it's quite possible that I've given up on GM for good. In the early years of my membership I posted there almost everyday. It was a cesspool in those days as well, but there were still lots of flowers between the weeds, so to speak. As things got worse I got into the habbit of having a few months of participating there followed by a few months of inactivity when I had enough. The last couple of years those months of activity were replaced by weeks followed by breaks of sometimes half a year or more. These days I only go to GM to see the thread titles so I know who has won which match. Rarely do I ever click on any of them to read what's being said. I'm just not interestd anymore.

Quote:
and STAHP y'all 23 years old crying about your age, what should I say as I'm 1 year and a half from turning 30? only Chrissie-fan could say something to me!
My only hope of ever feeling young again is that one day someone called Helen Wills-fan or Suzanne Lenglen-fan will join TF.

Thank you LI NA
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #2399
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

We've been experiencing an alternation of generations. Lots of "old" posters, including me, for whatever reason, don't post here any more or only post occasionally. But I'm sure they still follow Martha's tennis and cheer for her. I can still recall the good old days
Martha is like a younger sister to me. Still I feel too old nowadays
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #2400
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

WOW I'm still so hungover...I should just go back to bed. Nothing is working LOL
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread