Multi sports thread - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #376
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multi sports thread

Something new to start the 2013 Formula One season, a Red Bull 1-2 in quali ... Oh wait ...

Now let's get some rain for the race.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #377
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

good job Sebastian

IW Final: Nadal vs Del Potro
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #378
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
good job Sebastian

IW Final: Nadal vs Del Potro
Those Bulls looked might quick, when the track dried out. If it stays dry, I think it's difficult to see anyone but a RB driver on the top step. Last year, the Ferrari was quick off the line and well, Alonso being Alonso, he'll probably get a podium too. Seb - Nando - Mark .. 1, 2 and 3? ... but first, 5 hours sleep

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #379
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught some highlights of an unforgettable,record-setting day from the Champions League: Bayern Munich 102,Football Club of Des Moines,Iowa 1!

Despite tickets being on sale for just $1,there was quite a shock with only 990 folks paid attendance in the futbol-mad American midwest.It turns out that 900 of those were Mexicans who had nothing else to do on one of their days off from the factory in a dead-end,waste-of-space insomniac's paradise like Des Moines.Another 60 were Mennonite immigrants who were anxious to get up close for some autographs from some of their German futbol heroes.....and all the rest of the fans were native-born Americans supporting the home team!

The final score represents the first time this century when a team scored in triple digits in a FIFA-sanctioned match,and it was even more remarkable when you consider that Bayern pulled their starters before the 30-minute mark of the first half.FC Des Moines' lone tally came in the closing seconds as an own goal from Bayern as they were mercifully dribbling the ball away in their end.As a defender passed the ball back to the keeper,a drunken,big-breasted Iowa farmgirl ran shirtless onto the field right in front of the Bayern goal area,thus distracting the keeper and allowing FC Des Moines to avoid the indignity of a shutout

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #380
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

It would be very impressive if del Potro could win. Defeating Murray, Djokovic and Nadal in the same event? Has any player done that before, particularly in the last several years? I thought it was a great accomplishment when del Potro defeated Nadal in the semis and Federer in the final when he won the 2009 U.S. Open. It looked like he was going to be the one to end their duopoly but then he missed nearly an entire year with a wrist injury and since his return he hasn't been the player he was. If he can win here defeating three of the "big four" that should give him the boost needed to be a contender at the slams.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #381
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
It would be very impressive if del Potro could win. Defeating Murray, Djokovic and Nadal in the same event? Has any player done that before, particularly in the last several years? I thought it was a great accomplishment when del Potro defeated Nadal in the semis and Federer in the final when he won the 2009 U.S. Open. It looked like he was going to be the one to end their duopoly but then he missed nearly an entire year with a wrist injury and since his return he hasn't been the player he was. If he can win here defeating three of the "big four" that should give him the boost needed to be a contender at the slams.
And JMDP would be just one more repudiation of the gaggle of soft,swishy punks known as the ATP.It might be different if Fed,Rafa,Nole and Murray had all come to prominence simultaneously.THEN,one would have more credibly in saying that they were just 'too good'...or maybe,if Nole and Murray had broken through only when Fed and Rafa had aged considerably--with a major drop-off in play.Yet Fed and Rafa still produce tourney-winning,even SLAM-winning caliber tennis.

I usually don't get into men's tennis too much,but I have a lot of respect for Fed and Rafa's accomplishments,and I heartily salute Nole and Murray for shedding their former softie status and becoming greats themselves(though not yet with the career stats as the other two).JMDP has had legitimate injury excuses that have derailed his career progress,though he has shown himself capable of producing elite tennis on occasions.That leaves him in a Middle Class by himself for the current generation(many fans would include the retired Safin and smegma-prick Roddick in that group),like a Rafter,Edberg or Courier...not QUITE as great as the best all-timers,yet still an admirable foe........the rest of the crowd is filled with weak little bitches whose 'Y' chromosomes exclude them from playing in the WTA

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #382
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wozzilroy is not sports power couple #1 anymore , it's Tiger/Lindsey now, interesting what will be their celebrity couple nickname, maybe Liger or Tindsey

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Mar 18th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #383
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, I thought that Tiger was more interested in girls like this:

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #384
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's more into blondes
But I have to say Lindsey is a very brave woman!

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #385
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Wozzilroy is not sports power couple #1 anymore , it's Tiger/Lindsey now, interesting what will be their celebrity couple nickname, maybe Liger or Tindsey
Lindsey Lohan? ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #386
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Lindsey Lohan? ...
oh ,god no, that would be a mess- sex addict + drug addict it's Lindsey Vonn

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #387
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
oh ,god no, that would be a mess- sex addict + drug addict it's Lindsey Vonn
Oh Vonn. Nice one. No accounting for taste though, I kindda like LiLo ... . The more media (tabloids) hate on her, the more I like her.

On another note, Rolf er ikke længere ren. Rolf er Uren. (Danish cyclist Rolf Sørensen has finally admitted, he is not 'ren' (clean. Uren = dirty). His preferred drug of choice, apparently EPO.)

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #388
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Wozzilroy is not sports power couple #1 anymore , it's Tiger/Lindsey now
That's a crock of shit!They just went public with their "relationship",and we all know that self-control isn't Tiger's strong suit.They might not make it to the end of Spring.Then again,Vonn comes across like one of those slutty pothead skiers who wouldn't mind being in a sexually-open relationship...just PERFECT for Tiger....You have to PROVE yourself to be a champion,so Rory and Caro are still #1

Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #389
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think it's kinda funny and also a bit annoying when you compare the reaction to Nadal's comeback with Clijsters' and Henin's. Not that he doesn't deserve all the praise he gets, but I remember the reaction when Clijsters won her USO after becoming a mum and Henin reaching the final of the AO......"Nice, but that only goes to show how weak womens tennis is." "It never could have happened in mens tennis which is so much tougher." Only goes to show that sexism in sports is a long way from gone. As singer Linda Ronstadt once said, "as a woman you need to be twice as good as a man to get half as much credit."

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #390
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think it's kinda funny and also a bit annoying when you compare the reaction to Nadal's comeback with Clijsters' and Henin's. Not that he doesn't deserve all the praise he gets, but I remember the reaction when Clijsters won her USO after becoming a mum and Henin reaching the final of the AO......"Nice, but that only goes to show how weak womens tennis is." "It never could have happened in mens tennis which is so much tougher." Only goes to show that sexism in sports is a long way from gone. As singer Linda Ronstadt once said, "as a woman you need to be twice as good as a man to get half as much credit."
You do have a point but it is not quite an apples to apples comparison, is it? Kim and Justine retired and were away from the tour for well over a year. Presumably they were not training as if they were full time tennis players. Rafael was out with an injury for roughly eight months but he must have been doing a lot of work during that time.