*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1711
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

^^you have a point i guess. But being a maria fan myself,i have tried to be a part of SS. But found out,not my cup of tea,you can unsee it,but the irrational vika bashing that goes on there,for eg. makes it hard to find any trace of sensibility. I once replied there and was called a 'vika troll' by a quite popular poster there. Hence i gave up. I am yet to find considerable no. Of sensible posters there. They whine continuously about how masha is treated in GM and then look what they do to vika the first chance they get. Hipocrisy at its best. Anyways,hope Masha gets the hardcourt title,long overdue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1712
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

What's great about Vikaland is that there are no posters in here who carry their hate on other players into this forum. I hope that'll never change.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1713
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this is probably one of the most easy going, laid back player sub-forums (though I don't know what they are all like). There is very little just out and out bitching about other players. Most the others are full of siege mentality, completely burying other players to further their own agenda's.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #1714
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

yes guys,so glad to have this forum and you guys,at least i can cheer for one of my faves peacefully and with positivity around. :hugs:
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1715
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

My relationship with Pova over the years has been quite bizarre.
I hated her because she beat Lindsay at Wimbledon (I was devastated). And I'll be the first to admit I was overjoyed with the double bagel, though Maria was on Saturn during that entire match.

However, when Maria developed the shoulder problem around the same time I developed my own shoulder problem, I developed a new found respect for her knowing how much pain I was in just in day-to-day life knowing she was out there trying to play a sport. I respect her for what's she's accomplished thus far in her career, especially the fact that she's come all the way back from the shoulder problem. And I genuinely enjoy her inner-nerdiness.

I feel that Maria fans that hate Vika are irritated that the two of them get lumped together quite a bit. They both have very similar backgrounds, obviously there's the grunting, and they're the two best players after Serena. They have a lot in common with each other, which for some people is too much to bear. The difference really being Vika broadcasts her personality every way possible and refuses to censor it where Maria is definitely a more detached creature naturally; her personality is more of the classic ice queen but you take her off the court she's really just a good hearted dork, just like Vika.

It's just sad that some Maria fans (and a lot of other fans) hate Vika. There's a number of players I dislike for a multitude of reasons but the vast majority of those I respect as athletes and competitors. I would like to think Vika and Maria having this rivalry will push each of them to become even better.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #1716
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
My relationship with Pova over the years has been quite bizarre.
I hated her because she beat Lindsay at Wimbledon (I was devastated). And I'll be the first to admit I was overjoyed with the double bagel, though Maria was on Saturn during that entire match.

However, when Maria developed the shoulder problem around the same time I developed my own shoulder problem, I developed a new found respect for her knowing how much pain I was in just in day-to-day life knowing she was out there trying to play a sport. I respect her for what's she's accomplished thus far in her career, especially the fact that she's come all the way back from the shoulder problem. And I genuinely enjoy her inner-nerdiness.

I feel that Maria fans that hate Vika are irritated that the two of them get lumped together quite a bit. They both have very similar backgrounds, obviously there's the grunting, and they're the two best players after Serena. They have a lot in common with each other, which for some people is too much to bear. The difference really being Vika broadcasts her personality every way possible and refuses to censor it where Maria is definitely a more detached creature naturally; her personality is more of the classic ice queen but you take her off the court she's really just a good hearted dork, just like Vika.

It's just sad that some Maria fans (and a lot of other fans) hate Vika. There's a number of players I dislike for a multitude of reasons but the vast majority of those I respect as athletes and competitors. I would like to think Vika and Maria having this rivalry will push each of them to become even better.
dying but no I fully agree
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #1717
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
^^you have a point i guess. But being a maria fan myself,i have tried to be a part of SS. But found out,not my cup of tea,you can unsee it,but the irrational vika bashing that goes on there,for eg. makes it hard to find any trace of sensibility. I once replied there and was called a 'vika troll' by a quite popular poster there. Hence i gave up. I am yet to find considerable no. Of sensible posters there. They whine continuously about how masha is treated in GM and then look what they do to vika the first chance they get. Hipocrisy at its best. Anyways,hope Masha gets the hardcourt title,long overdue.
Sad thing is that SS used to be a really fun place when I joined the forum. Sure, a stupid remark here and there but overall it was a really cool place and it was totally fine to support other players. I don't feel that's the case anymore recently and posters called fake Maria fans when they talk positively about others, especially the other top player. It's ridiculous. Obviously, there are still great people but I feel the mood has definitely changed.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1718
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
dying but no I fully agree
I meant no shade with that statement.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #1719
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria has won 80 consecutive matches after winning the opening set. I like this stat .
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1720
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

That's an amazing stat.

It's been a busy few weeks and I've only been able to check results once or twice a day. Any news on Miami?
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1721
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
That's an amazing stat.

It's been a busy few weeks and I've only been able to check results once or twice a day. Any news on Miami?
There is no concrete news, but the murmurings suggest she will play.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1722
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

That´s what Vika said in her press conference on March 14, 2013:

Quote:
Q. Where are you going now? Are you going to stay here or go somewhere else? Miami? Where are you going to try to heal your ankle?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I'm going to LA, back, and, you know, I have my physio with me. We are going to see a doctor to just make sure.
I'm going to go to Miami probably on Sunday, so we'll see.
So she plans to travel to Miami on Sunday, and if she plays there, her first match will be on Thursday or Friday. Tournament seedings are based on rankings as of March 18, and that means Vika is #3 seed in Miami.
http://www.sonyopentennis.com/Player...r-Landing.aspx

Otherwise I have quite mixed feelings about Miami if Vika isn´t completely fit to play the whole tournament. Winning in Miami might require to beat both Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.

There was also some talk about Vika´s current relationship with Caroline Wozniacki. In her previous press conference in Indian Wells on March 12, Vika tells this:

Quote:
Q. I remember when you two were coming up. You and Caroline used to play some doubles and stuff. Would you you say you two are still pretty close? How is your relationship with Caroline these days?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Our relationship is fine. I mean, we don't maybe hang out as much. She's busy. She has a boyfriend, you know, and I'm busy, too.
But, you know, the hanging out part a little bit shifted, but I still consider her as a very good friend of mine. You know, I see her all the time when I'm in Monaco, and that's it. I really like her as a girl.

Q. Do you ever practice together?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't really practice with many people. I like to hit with my coach because he can never beat me. (Laughter.)

Q. Going back to Caroline, when play her, what are the particular challenges that she offers? Is it her consistency? Is it her placement? Her movement?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think she's very consistent player and she reads the game well, anticipates a lot of shots, and, you know, I don't ever really try to focus on my opponent's game.
I try to focus on what I have to do and execute my shots. And whatever comes at me, I'm going to deal with what I have to do next. So I don't try to adapt. I just try to apply my game.
I think a part of the first question was a little bit strange, because Vika and Caroline played quite rarely as doubles partners in the past. Surely Maria Kirilenko or Elena Vesnina were more frequently Vika´s doubles partners. Besides I haven´t noticed that either Vika or Caro would have said any bitchy comments about each other in public.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #1723
country flag ozza

It's because Caro's answers to similar questions implied they are not that close anymore.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #1724
country flag viktory

when is the draw guys? I really hope she skips this,better than long term damage.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1725
country flag ozza

Tomorrow at 11:30am local time. That is 4:30pm CET.
Closed Thread