The Discovery Thread - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #316
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Discovery Thread

I remember hearing that Mia Vriens was heading over to play college tennis but I haven't hear anything else about it.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #317
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Mia Vriens is playing for Florida State, I know Alyssa Hibberd is over there as well. Jennifer Nguyen plays for Sacramento. There are a few others such as Sandy Vo, Ella Bourchier and Elizabeth Searl.

Holly Cao and Stephanie Jeanes are amongst some recent graduates, not sure if they plan on continuing a tennis career though.

Last edited by Dani12 : Mar 16th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #318
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Zoe Hives won the 16s Nationals Clay court title. She did it easily.

Rnd 1 d. Ivana Marinov 6-3 6-0
Rnd 2 d. Imogen Howes 6-0 6-0
Qtr Fnl d. Jaimee Gilbertson 6-1 6-2
Smi Fnl d. Maddison Inglis 6-1 6-2
Fnl d. Anja Dokic 6-2 6-1

Absolute domination for Zoe. Obviously there weren't a lot of the 16/u top girls here but losing 12 games against good players is really good.
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #319
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Why was she allowed to play 16s when she turns 17 this year? Good result for her anyway, probably our best 96'er after Barty. Hopefully she gets back oversease soon.

Old Apr 15th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #320
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Lyann Hoang shares her experiences on her US College recruiting trips this week:
Visit #3 - Florida State University

The flight to Florida was dark and early but I was excited for my last official visit. I was picked up by Jen the women's head coach and we drove to Florida State University. As soon as I arrived, I met another recruit from Brazil and we went on a tour with the coaches to meet the strength and conditioning coach, physio and doctor. Afterwards, we had lunch with Kerrie and Mia Vriens who is an Aussie on the team. I had cheese grits for the first... and last time, it's popular in the southern regions of US. I was hesistant at first but Jen made it sound like the tastiest thing ever. After lunch, we had meetings with academic advisors and the student services staff. They went through significant NCAA rules and regulations regarding academics and prize money which was has been repetitive lately but it's good to be reminded (prize mone...y is a big one for golf and tennis).

The support that FSU provides for its student athletes is incredible, the staff go out of their way to help. We then went for a long tour of all the athletic facilities. FSU is an athletic powerhouse. Florida Gators are their biggest rival, don't ever get Florida mixed up with Florida STATE when you're visiting FSU. US College football stadiums never cease to amaze me and FSU can seat 83000 people, making it the largest one on all of my visits. After the long tour, I had a little nap before dinner with the team which turned out to be a really entertaining night. Mia was my host so I stayed in her apartment with 3 other students from FSU. It was nice to chat with them as they were non tennis players and their college experience has been completely different.

Next morning, I had breakfast with the coaches and some of the girls. The girls on the team are from all of the world We then jumped on a golf buggy and drove around campus to look at the different academic buildings. We had lunch on campus and Jen showed me photos of her dog while Oliver the assistant coach showed me photos of his 1 month old baby girl. Jen had a difficult time deciding who was more cute. Afterwards, we headed to the indoor courts off campus so the girls could hit as it was raining outside. The session was so fun, I really wanted to hit in but it's against NCAA rules. Oliver, who is still in great form, had a competitive match against the no.1 player on the team, he just wasn't fast enough and went down in a close tiebreak. After training, I had a couple of hours to chill out at the apartment before the surprise birthday dinner for Kerri. Back home tomorrow!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #321
country flag Dani12

Our junior fed cup team will be Bains, Tjandramulia and Birell. Weird that there is no Tomic or Cabrera, maybe they'll be subbed in if we make the finals.
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #322
country flag jack21

If that is their plan then I think it is a good decision to share the experience around. This team is good enough to go through the Asian qualifying comfortably. Tomic is the only player that would be a certainty for the final based on current form, with Bains, Hon, Cabrera and Tjandramulia all up for the other two spots.

Our under 14's team is doing very well in Malaysia, taking all 3 of their round robbin ties 3-0 without dropping a set.

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #323
country flag Dani12

Final of the Asian Qualifying 14u Teams -

Australia [1] d. Japan [2]
Seone Mendez d. Haruna Awakawa 1-6 6-1 6-2
Destanee Aiava d. Saya Ito 6-3 6-2

Great week for the girls, not a match lost
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #324
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Junior Fed Cup Team is through to the final in Qualifying!

SF

(1)Australia defeated (7)New Zealand 2-0
Olivia Tjandramulia d. Rosie Cheng 6-4 6-2
Naiktha Bains d. Paige Hourigan 6-2 6-4
Doubles not played

QF

(1)Australia defeated (6)Hong Kong 3-0
Olivia Tjandramulia d. Kwan Yau Ng 6-3 6-0
Naiktha Bains d. Claire Yoonkee Choi Spackman 3-6 6-0 6-2
Bains/Birrell d. Ng/Law 6-1 6-2

---

haven't lost a tie yet.

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #325
country flag Dani12

Queensland Junior Winter International 1 G4

Final - Stephanie Yamada AUS d Andjela Djokovic AUS w.o.

Surprising final to say the least, Cabrera and Inglis lost relatively early. It's possible Lizette was a bit tired after just getting back from Europe. I'm sure she'll put in a better showing this next tournament.

Next week will also be the ITF junior debut for Destanee Aiava, she's already leagues ahead our other 00' and even 99' girls at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if she made the quarters or further here.
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #326
country flag Dani12

Strive4college Queensland Junior Winter International G4

R3
Lizette Cabrera AUS [1] d Ayano Sonoda JPN [13] 6-4 4-6 7-6(3)
Katerina Valos AUS [6] d Aleksa Cveticanin AUS 6-2 6-4

Annabelle Andrinopoulos AUS [4] d Olivia Ley AUS [15] 6-4 4-6 6-2
Chloe Hule AUS [7] d Gabrielle O'Gorman AUS 6-2 6-0

Sasha Bollweg AUS [5] d Alisa Jeregui AUS [10] 6-4 6-3
Anja Dokic AUS [3] d Melissa Esguerra AUS 1-6 7-6(3) 6-3

Destanee Aiava AUS d Jaimee Gilbertson AUS 6-3 6-3
Maddison Inglis AUS [2] d Kaylah Mcphee AUS 6-2 3-6 6-0
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #327
country flag jack21

The Inglis/Aiava QF should be really interesting, not sure who'll win that one. Surprised to see Cabrera struggling so much after showing some good form at Wimbledon.

Seone Mendez is also doing well at a G4 in the Netherlands. She is into the QF after taking out the top seed and top 200 junior 6-2 6-1 in R2. Also into the doubles SF with fellow Aussie Fourlis after taking out the second seeds.

Old Jul 20th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #328
country flag Dani12

Qtr Fnl
Katerina Valos AUS [6] d Lizette Cabrera AUS [1] 6-1 6-4
Chloe Hule AUS [7] d Annabelle Andrinopoulos AUS [4] 6-4 1-6 7-6(5)
Sasha Bollweg AUS [5] d Anja Dokic AUS [3] 6-3 3-6 6-4
Maddison Inglis AUS [2] d Destanee Aiava AUS 6-1 6-1
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #329
country flag Dani12

Hopeless from Lizette. Really dipped in form this year apart from Wimbledon. Didn't expect Inglis to beat Aiava so easily!
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #330
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

In the Netherlands Petra Hule reached the 3rd round defeating 9th seed Deniza Marcinkevica in the second round (Diana's sister)

Also Seone is in the semis

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote