•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 150 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #2236
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Break for Rafa! Finally
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #2237
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa Good luck in the SF.

Federer > WTA
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #2238
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

As a Nadal fan, I still found that pretty sad to watch. It was so far from their classics it was frightening.

One thing I've wondered is if the eventual decline at the top of the mens game will be a good thing or a bad thing for WTA. One school of thought makes you think it will reduce the stranglehold on interest they drive so that more people watch the WTA. The other leads you to believe it will just be bad for all of tennis as it will reduce interest in the sport.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2239
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Glad I went to bed after the Vika news then

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
As a Nadal fan, I still found that pretty sad to watch. It was so far from their classics it was frightening.

One thing I've wondered is if the eventual decline at the top of the mens game will be a good thing or a bad thing for WTA. One school of thought makes you think it will reduce the stranglehold on interest they drive so that more people watch the WTA. The other leads you to believe it will just be bad for all of tennis as it will reduce interest in the sport.
It depends on the state of the WTA, it has to offer a good alternative otherwise people will just say, tennis in general sucks now, and not bother.

Last year WTA was really good IMO, the best in a while (and not just as a Vika fan) but it needs to sustain that. This year is more scrappy so far with injuries for Vika, Serena, Li, and Radwanska and Sharapova seemingly not playing as well.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #2240
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
It depends on the state of the WTA, it has to offer a good alternative otherwise people will just say, tennis in general sucks now, and not bother.

Last year WTA was really good IMO, the best in a while (and not just as a Vika fan) but it needs to sustain that. This year is more scrappy so far with injuries for Vika, Serena, Li, and Radwanska and Sharapova seemingly not playing as well.
The biggest thing that the WTA needs is more finals like USO and Doha. Good finals between the top players. As someone whose friends all tend to prefer the ATP I would say there are 2 main complaints about the WTA. The first one is the WTA wrongly still hasn't lost this stigma of "anyone can win, there's no consistency", there is still this wide belief among casuals that the womens game is an unpredictable mess. The only real solution to this is the top players keep doing what their doing, and people will eventually take notice. For this reason it probably is for the best now that Vika is out, that Sharapova wins Indian Wells. The second complaint tends to stem from the finals are "ridiculously predictable", and you can see where this complaint comes from, the only real solution to this is that the top women keep playing more competitive matches.

There is also a degree of double standards however. If Serena, Vika, Maria breeze into the semi's, there is always voices of disdain how they did it so easily ignoring the fact the men also often breeze into the semi's without breaking a sweat. You have situations such as Djokovic, Nadal obliterating Ferrer lauded as demonstrating their brilliance. When Vika has taken apart Radwanska it's often criticised for being so predictable.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #2241
country flag Natural Joe

Redfoo plays the 2013 US Open National Playoffs in singles and mixed doubles with Ayaka Okuno, whom he coaches.

http://www.usopen.org/National_Playo...onal_playoffs/
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #2242
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

VIK! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2243
country flag Natural Joe

Vamos Rafa
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #2244
country flag Natural Joe

Great match with a little help from choking Thomas. In the final!
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #2245
country flag ozza

Do we think Nadal can actually trouble Djokovic?
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #2246
country flag Natural Joe

I think he might take a set if he's playing really well but winning? That's a bit too much to ask imo. Just hope it'll be competitive so he can be confident against Novak in the clay season.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2247
country flag ozza

Maybe Del Potro will take out Djokovic , but I can't see it.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #2248
country flag Natural Joe

Can't see it either although I'd love it to happen.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #2249
country flag ozza

Well it just happened . I did not see that one coming.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #2250
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Well it just happened . I did not see that one coming.

Rafa is my no. 1 fave but I like Delpo so I'm definitely fine with any outcome of that final
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote