Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #136
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice
Re: Blast Encyclopedia of Female Tennis Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Done through "C". Whew

Need to work on

----the Atkinson's (thanks for the gem LKK)
----Ginger Rogers
----Judy Alvarez

And add links in areas where we have threads.

If you can add everything you have for "E"-"Z", I'll follow you slowly linking the bios of players to their entries.
LKK is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #137
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you can add everything you have for "E"-"Z", I'll follow you slowly linking the bios of players to their entries.
Perhaps that is most reasonable. Having the structure in place we can add in more details as we find them.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #138
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Bellani, Annalisa [SEE ULLSTEIN, Anneliese]

Bellani, Signora G. [SEE ULLSTEIN, Anneliese]

Bossi, Annalisa [SEE ULLSTEIN, Anneliese]

Bossi, Signora R. [SEE ULLSTEIN, Anneliese]
You should delete 2 entries and leave only these:

because Italian is different from English, we don't ever say "Signora G. Bellani" (= Mrs G. Bellani) , but we would say "Signora Annalisa Bellani" or "Signora Annalisa Ullstein Bellani".
If you find in some draw "Signora G. Bellani" it's a draw's mistake.

For the same reason delete the below two "Signora"

Quote:
ULLSTEIN, Anneliese (Germany/Italy) [3 Nov 1919- ] [Signora Renato Bossi, ????-????; Signora Giorgio Bellani, from ????] [Active 1930s-1950s.]

Last edited by Jimbo109 : Mar 12th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Jimbo109 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #139
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo109 View Post
You should delete 2 entries and leave only these:

because Italian is different from English, we don't ever say "Signora G. Bellani" (= Mrs G. Bellani) , but we would say "Signora Annalisa Bellani" or "Signora Annalisa Ullstein Bellani".
If you find in some draw "Signora G. Bellani" it's a draw's mistake.

For the same reason delete the below two "Signora"

Thank you for the explanation, Jimbo I'll re-work Signora U-B-B.
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #140
country flag LKK

Let me know, Jimbo, if it's OK now !
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #141
country flag Jimbo109

Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice Jimbo109 is just really nice

Quote:
Let me know, Jimbo, if it's OK now !
Yes, now is OK
Jimbo109 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #142
country flag LKK

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1426

I think this player is probably Joan Ridley who married in 1935.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #143
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

From “Der Tennissport”, 15 February 1939:

Anne Schneider-Peitz erzählt/Anne Schneider-Peitz writes the following:

“I was born on 7 August 1906 in Benrath near Dusseldorf, attended school in both places and lived in my parents’ house from the time I took my final examinations at secondary school until my marriage. Since 1 January 1933, I have been running my household in Berlin, where I devote most of my time to bringing up my children.

“The sport with the ‘flying ball’, which I now most like to play with my children, has excited me since my early years. When I first took a tennis racket in my hand, at the age of 16, I was following the example set by my five siblings and some fellow schoolgirls.

“At the age of 18 I was allowed to join the Benrath Tennis Club and, after taking my final examinations at secondary school, Dr Haas brought me over to the Rochus Club. In 1926, at the age of almost 20, I played in my first tournament and won my first prize, a modest one, in the women’s doubles event.

“From the beginning I have always enjoyed the doubles game more than singles, at which I have – when it became a purely personal matter – often lacked a will to win and to go the last mile. The team competitions, which Dr Marcotty managed so well, and in which the four players from the Rhineland, Cilly Aussem, Hilde Krahwinkel (Sperling), Irmgard Rost and I, formed an almost invincible team, were really very much to my liking, and I have not enjoyed anything more than being a part of that winning team.

“In the same year – 1927 – I took part in tournaments outside of Dusseldorf for the first time. At the first tournament, I was able to beat Frl Rost in the final. In the second year after playing my first ever tournament I was included in the German ranking list for the first time. In my third year of playing tournaments the top German players had to take me seriously. In 1928, in the German Covered Court Championships tournament in Bremen, Nelly Neppach beat me only in three sets; in Dusseldorf I took Cilly Aussem to three sets; in Cologne I beat Ellen Hoffmann; and in Essen I also lost in three sets to Hilde Krahwinkel (who, since that time, has shown me often enough what’s what!).

“In 1929, I took part in the matches against a team from Paris, and in 1930-33 and 1935, I was chosen to represent Germany against England. The most important overseas tournaments I have taken part in are Paris (1929-32), Wimbledon (1930-31), Budapest (1930), Stockholm and Copenhagen (both 1932), Cracow (1934) and Noordwijk (1936).

“Some of the well-known players I have beaten are Jadwiga Jedrzejowska, Eileen Bennett, Paula von Reznicek, Else Hollis, Carolin Babcock and Bobbie Heine-Miller. I am very proud of being the only female player to have won the women’s singles event at the Army Championships [editor’s note: at that time, in the Army Championships, a women’s singles event and a mixed doubles event were included for relatives of officers in the Reich Army.] I won that title in 1928.

“I have had my greatest successes in women’s doubles events. For example, Hilde Krahwinkel and I won the German Covered Court Championships title together three times (1930-32). In 1932, we broke the winning streak of the English players at the German Championships in Hamburg; I won the same event – the women’s doubles at the German Championships – again in 1936, with Magdalene Rollin-Couquerque.

“My nicest win was... a defeat. I was playing against one of the most famous of the top players in the world. She made me wait half an hour before the match could begin and, when I kept up a one game lead in the first set, furiously threw her racket all over the court so that it ended up hanging from the net, where I happened to be standing at the time. When I was leading 5-4, she interrupted the match by going to get some ‘refreshments’ as cool as you please. I won the first set 6-4. In the second set, which she won 6-2, everything went smoothly. However, after I had led 3-0 in the third set and she had then pulled up to 4-4, when she again left me waiting for a long time in order to go for more ‘refreshments’ and to get some good advice, and this not even during the changeover, I would have preferred simply to stop and leave the court. The exhaustion that began to creep over me as I waited for my opponent to return strengthened this desire. But I fought against this exhaustion and conquered it. However, the self-control I needed to exert for this victory cost me so much in concentration that I lost the next two games without winning another point.

“Since I have been living in Berlin I have been a member of the Blau-Weiss Club. My greatest joy is that, since 1934, our women’s team has always been able to win the League Championship. In 1933, I rested my racket for the first time [to have her first child]. However, although I had not played for one-and-a-half years, I was better than ever at singles play at the beginning of 1936. In 1937, I took another break from tennis [to have her second child]. I hope that my newest daughter, Friederike, has as good an effect on my tennis as my first child, Lieselein. In any case, for a wife and mother who takes her duties seriously and knows how to properly divide her time, there is enough time for healthy sporting activity pursued in a sensible manner.”
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Mar 15th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #144
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LKK.

Jimbo posted this about Klara Hammer.

(Per Jimbo) Today for the first time I have seen Beuthner as married name of Klara Hammer, and I think it true, instead of Beutter as we thought, because in the same years there was the German tennis player Werner Beuthner, and he was probably her husband.

http://www.dlib.si/details/URN:NBN:S...rt=date&page=8

Mark-that was a great find on Peitz.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #145
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Klara Hammer, b. 13 June 1908 in Bad-Mergentheim, Germany; sometimes styled as Clara or Claire; married Beutter circa 1936; active 1930s.
-----
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #146
country flag newmark401

Margarethe "Peppi" Käppel, b. 22 December 1912 in Berlin, Germany; active 1930s-early 1940s.
-----
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #147
country flag newmark401

Ingeborg Schumann, b. 18 November 1918, probably in Kassel, Germany; active late 1930s-1940s
-----
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #148
country flag newmark401

Marie-Luise Horn, b. 15 March 1912 in Wiesbaden, Germany; married M.L. Jencquel; active 1930s.
-----
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #149
country flag newmark401

(P.) Gisela Enger, b. 6 August 1911 in Berlin, Germany; married Hamann circa 1940-41; active 1930s-early 1940s.
-----
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #150
country flag newmark401

Gisèle Personnat, France; married Comte Jean de Thoisy, 18 March 1939; active 1930s.
-----
Closed Thread