New Big West - 2012-13 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 07:19 PM   #151
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Congratulations Gouci, Got to feel exciting!

I'm thinking those national rankings compare favorably with conference ranking of other years. True?

Edit. What I am asking is this season's results a sign of a rising Big West that two teams are in the top 40, and competition at the top.
Hmm...

Perhaps it's time I offended everyone...

OK, changed my mind a bit. I'll restrict myself to saying I'm yet to be convinced that up is the direction the Big West is going at the moment.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #152
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I was present!!
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #153
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
March 5th 2013 rankings

24. UC Irvine (+6)
41. Long Beach St. (-2)
56. UCSB (-2)

45. Boston College (+6)
48. Tulane (+19)
58. Louisville (+12)
60. Wyoming (NR)
66. San Jose St. (-2)
72. LMU (NR)

UCI breaks into top 25!

- UCI's highest ranking in the Coach Edles era.

- Tulane's upset of #38 Georgia St. boosted them 19 spots and was just what UCI wanted.

- LSU ahead but unable to close out #44 Kentucky in a 3-4 home loss is a bad break for UCI & LBS.

- San Jose St. holding steady despite loss to UC Davis. Playing in the WAC will pad SJS's record. Plus SJS can possibly get 2 wins over newly ranked #55 Denver also of the WAC.

- I'll reply to the other posts when I have more time a little later.

LMU must be giddy getting ranked for beating Long Beach St.

Form's team just made the disliked April Bisharat and Kristine Kouyoumjian's season!
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #154
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: March 5th 2013 rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post

UCI breaks into top 25!

Congratulations to the UCI team and Coach Edles.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #155
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

This will make it that much sweeter when the Beach Ladies beat UCI at the conference tournament in April
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #156
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

3/8/13

#41 Long Beach St. def. #45 Boston College 5-2

I'm actually rooting for Long Beach St. to win the rest of their non-conference matches.

LBS needs to do their part to help UCI make a run at being ranked in the top 16, only 8 spots out, and potentially host a regional.

If LBS sweeps #45 Boston College, #58 Louisville and #60 Wyoming they may crack the top 30 in the rankings. When UCI beats LBS again in the Big West Touranment, having 2 wins over a top 30 LBS team , will help UCI's push to try & crack the top 20 and maybe even the top 16.

Last edited by gouci : Mar 9th, 2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Linked match score
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #157
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Way to go. I'm going to take a screenshot. Gouci celebrating with Form and friends.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #158
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Glad to see GOUCI is too practical to be spiteful
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #159
country flag gouci

3/8/13

SMU upsets #22 Tulsa 4-3

SMU who has won 6 of their last 7 may end up getting ranked next week.

UCI & UCSB both need to beat visiting SMU and take advantage of the opportunity to potentially add another ranked win.

A win over SMU may be just the thing to keep UCSB afloat in the rankings after their 3-4 lost against Furman.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #160
country flag gouci

3/10/13

#24 UCI def. SMU 5-2

- UCI's #125 Kristina Smith upset SMU's #98 Cieplucha 6-4,6-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
It's Monday..
fantic Marquette was practicing at the UCI tennis courts on Sunday. If you had attended the soon to be ranked SMU at #24 UCI match you could have watched the Hernandez Soler twins playing in a team scrimmage.
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #161
country flag gouci

3/12/13 rankings

Doubles

55. Kristina Smith/ Mucki Goetsching, UCI (-7)

Singles

101. Kristina Smith, UCI (+24)

- Kristina Smith got the all important cushion that she needs for insurance. Now Kristina can sustain an unranked loss in the future, for example maybe to the #1 from Hawaii or LBS, and still remain in the rankings to receive the Big West automatic bid for the NCAA singles tournament.

Team

23. UCI (+1)
37. Long Beach St. (+4)
63. UCSB (-7)

48. SMU (from NR)
50. Tulane (-2)
52. SDSU (+1)
57. Denver (-2)
58. Iowa (from NR)
62. Boston College (-17)
66. LSU (+5)
69. San Jose St. (-3)
70. Wyoming (-10)
71. Louisville (-13)

- UCI moves up to #23 in the latest national rankings.

This is the new highest ranking in the Coach Edles era.

- SMU enters the ranking at #48. Their new ranking will help prop up UCI, Tulane & LSU.

- Iowa who visits Long Beach St. enters the ranking at #58 after upsetting #37 Illinois.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #162
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3/10/13

#24 UCI def. SMU 5-2

- UCI's #125 Kristina Smith upset SMU's #98 Cieplucha 6-4,6-3.

fantic Marquette was practicing at the UCI tennis courts on Sunday. If you had attended the soon to be ranked SMU at #24 UCI match you could have watched the Hernandez Soler twins playing in a team scrimmage.
Why are you so anxious to 'connect' me and those twins Well, too bad I couldn't go.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #163
country flag gouci

3/14/13

#23 UCI out bats #71 Louisville 4-3

- Louisville should be a little tired for Long Beach St.

Go Beach!

#48 SMU def. Santa Clara 5-2

1. Aleks Malyarchikova (SMU) def. #32 Katie Le 6-2,7-6
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #164
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
24. UC Irvine (+6)
41. Long Beach St. (-2)
56. UCSB (-2)

45. Boston College (+6)
48. Tulane (+19)
58. Louisville (+12)
60. Wyoming (NR)
66. San Jose St. (-2)
72. LMU (NR)

UCI breaks into top 25!

- Tulane's upset of #38 Georgia St. boosted them 19 spots and was just what UCI wanted.

- LSU ahead but unable to close out #44 Kentucky in a 3-4 home loss is a bad break for UCI & LBS.

- San Jose St. holding steady despite loss to UC Davis. Playing in the WAC will pad SJS's record. Plus SJS can possibly get 2 wins over newly ranked #55 Denver also of the WAC.

- I'll reply to the other posts when I have more time a little later.

LMU must be giddy getting ranked for beating Long Beach St.

Form's team just made the disliked April Bisharat and Kristine Kouyoumjian's season!

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but isn't the rankings meaningless, especially this early in the season???
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #165
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but isn't the rankings meaningless, especially this early in the season???
Ranked in the top 25 is an accomplishment. Yes, I don't think that UCI has a chance of hosting a regional, but its got to be good for recruiting to be able to say we were ranked in the top 25.