Sorana News And Articles - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #211
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana News And Articles

Quote:
Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hi there,

So change of location, I'm writing from Indian Wells now. I'll be here hopefully for the next two weeks, so I ventured into unpacking... I have rules - when I stay longer than seven days in a place I unpack, otherwise I keep all my clothes in the bag. I wanna believe that I can use my time more wisely than just putting dresses on hangers and taking them down week in week out!

I got here on Sunday night from Vegas by car with my adidas team. It was a great trip and we had an amazing time (of course, since i was the DJ!!!!)

Sometimes we get so carried away by our careers, jobs and goals we have to achieve, or by the pressure of trying to rise to the expectations, that we forget to enjoy the simple things that life has to offer us... so this road trip was another reminder how good it feels to just be able to enjoy the small pleasures like a road trip with friends, a picture or just a view....

The only little problem was that Daniela Hantuchova, who left Vegas a little earlier that day, did this trip in 3h 50min, and for us it took about 4h 45min... so when we got here she was making a little fun of our driving skills. But we forgot to tell her that because we had so much luggage, the rental car company gave us a soccer mum mini van - our bags wouldn't fit in any other type of car... but no complaining, we accept the defeat with our heads up )

Indian Wells is one of my favourite tournaments so I'm very happy to be back here. Everyone is so lovely and they all try their best to make us feel comfortable, like a home away from home, so it's great. I think every player has their own favourite places and usually we are very subjective, we like the tournaments where we play our best, but this one has a nice and relaxed vibe to it. Plus we all get cars so we can move around, which is great. And now a special announcement: if you see a grey SUV, try and run the opposite direction... I'm just joking, I'm actually a good driver, even if my coach Darren Cahill always makes fun of my parking... but of course I'm a good driver, I'm Romanian and that says it all

I'm gonna have my first match on Friday... so till then just practice, practice and more practice... I usually go very early on site and have a first hit from 7:30-9 and then another session in the afternoon. The reasons why I like to do my first session very early is that as I've told you before, I'm a morning person, and the second reason is that at that time of the day the tennis club is empty, so it feels good to have some peace and quiet and focus on your work. Later on, the site gets very, very busy, so sometimes being there makes you tired and you don't want to waste your energy prior to the start of the tournaments on the wrong things.

My best friend Ana is here as well, so we have been spending a lot of time together, trying to catch up and just do normal things that girls our age do once we are done with the training for the day. We both love this place and because we've already played here for so many years we know our way around the town very well. Every year we play the same tournaments and have the same calendar, so it's like a wheel that is spinning year by year at the same pace. For example, every year we know that the first weeks of March our home is in Indian Wells and the last two weeks of March our home is in Miami, so of course by now we have our favourite restaurants, cinemas, shops, nail places, spas, hotels or whatever else you can think of in any city.... so if you want any recommendations, forget about Zagat or Lonely Planet, you guys have me

Time to go now....

Love,

Sori
She also posted some nice pics from the road trip.
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #212
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saturday, March 9, 2013

Morning there,

Or whatever time in the day finds you reading this post!

Someone asked me the other day what's gonna be in my next entry for the blog, or what subject I will talk about... my answer was "I really don't know!" The way my writing works is that I never think about it until I open my computer, I never plan anything. I just sit in front of it and whatever comes in my mind I put it in writing. So let's see what goes through my head at 7.28am on Saturday morning...

I won my match yesterday against Anabel Medina Garrigues. It was a hard one because she is a great player, very tough to beat. She doesn't give you anything for free, you have to earn the win and work for every single point... plus I dont think I'd ever beaten her before, so mentally it was not easy. I was down set and 3-1 before I managed to find my way back into the match and adjust to the conditions. I know Anabel quite well, we used to play doubles together a while ago and she is a great girl. She was actually one of the first people who encouraged me to speak Spanish with her so I could learn, because I was very shy about it - I know you guys only see us on the court when we are fighting against each other and trying to win, but off the court most of us have a lot of respect for one another and some of us can even call each other friends.

Also at my match yesterday I had huge support from some of my friends who came from LA to see me play, so I'm very grateful for that. They all came with Romanian flags and t-shirts, and they were screaming and singing the whole way through the match. It was such a nice feeling... they said they are coming on Sunday for my next round so I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing them )

And now on a different note, it has been so cold here the past two days, it's not even funny. We are in the desert so it is supposed to be cold in the evening and mornings but apparently the weather forgot to warm up during the day as well! But then from my hotel room you can actually see the snow on the mountains 30 minutes away from here, so I shouldn't be surprised... it's fascinating how nature works when you think about it...

Now another fascinating thing... so yesterday was the 8th of March... and everyone was saying it was Women's Day, except me. I was contradicting everyone and saying it's Mother's Day today and on the 1st of March is Women's Day. At least that's how we celebrate it in Romania... and I recall this very well because 8th of March was a very stressful day for me - in school they always used to make us learn a song or poem so we could tell it to our mum together with a hand-made card that we had to make... since I can't sing and I didn't want to ruin my mum's day by making her listen to me, I always used to choose a poem instead. Even at that age I was a perfectionist so I was stressing a lot to make everything look and sound perfect... later on I realized that sometimes it's more about the gesture than the actual gift. So the conclusion is that every country and side of the world celebrates things and traditions differently, so it doesn't really matter the date on the calendar, but the date in your heart...

Today is a practice and recovery day so tomorrow I can be 100% for my next match. Also I've been spending a lot of time talking to my good friend Andreea, the wife of our best Romanian tennis player Victor Hanescu... She is here supporting her husband and I'm very happy for that because she is such a joy to be around and talking to her helps me a lot. In life it's very important to surround yourself with people who will push you higher and forward, who will bring the best out of you. We are already very hard on ourselves, trying to cope with the pressure and everything, so it's very important to have a positive energy and vibe from your family, friends and even supporters, and to have people with good hearts and souls next to you. Andreea and I know other very well because in Bucharest we live in the same area so we are kind of neighbours Victor is an amazing player, an example for me and a person that I can learn a lot from, because he has been in this business for much longer than I have. He works so hard and has done some great improvements lately so it's very nice to see him doing well. I'm happy to see any Romanian doing well, we are a small country so we should support each other as much as we can!

And now as a last thought - I just want to thank everyone for their lovely messages and comments here, on my Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else you guys wrote me. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoy my blog because I do it for you guys... For example the other day I met Lisa Raymond in the hotel parking and she told me that I was doing a good job with my blog. Knowing that such an amazing and accomplished player like Lisa reads my blog made my day )

So yes I'm human and I nurture myself with postive feedback...

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend,

Love,

Sori
I like it. It's a nice read.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #213
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I enjoyed her writing too. What do you guys think, any chances for her to upset Agnieszka?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #214
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SORI'S STORY: FACING YOUR FEARS
From dissecting a loss to facing her fears, get to know Sorana Cirstea a little better in her blog - and what did she learn in the third grade that came in handy at Indian Wells? Find out right here...
Published March 12, 2013 12:00

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hello hello....

I'm writing this post from my balcony, still in Indian Wells... I've finished all my training, gym and recovery for the day, and since I have a little bit of time till dinner, let's write something. But just a quick note before we start: I'm very hungry, so if I don't make a lot of sense today, I promise it's not me, it's the hunger that isn't letting me think clearly anymore! I only see sushi and sashimi in front of me... out of the last seven dinners, probably six of them I've had Japanese food, so if I get raw food intoxication later, remind me not to complain...

Let's first get through the painful stuff so then I can get to the fun things I know you guys enjoy much more... I lost a tough match 6-4 in the third against Aga Radwanska on Sunday. I played a good one, a little up and down but overall it was a positive match. It doesn't matter if you lose an easy one or a tough one, I think they all hurt almost the same. Aga is probably the player with the best anticipation and the best feel for the court, and the reason she won is because she was better than me in the important moments. You don't have to be Einstein to figure that out, so all credit to her, she deserved the win... but the thing that makes me happy is that this year I've played better from tournament to tournament and I think everyone can see that. Lately I've been putting my head down and working hard day in, day out, and things are looking good. I've learned that in tennis, if you want to be better, you have to follow certain steps. It's about constant progress and work. You can't really get to the fourth floor if you don't get to the first, second and third, let's say. Some people take the stairs and it takes them longer, others take the elevator... but it's the same concept!!!

I wish I knew then what I know now, but don't we all say this??!! Sometimes we learn something new about the past that changes everything we know about the present. So now I've tried to simplify things and my only goal when I wake up in the morning is to be a little better than I was yesterday - that's it, no more, no less....

I know the way I'm expressing myself makes me sound like a very positive person who sees the world all pinky and bubbly... but as everyone else, I do have my dark and twisted moments. But I am getting better in controlling those. I've realized that it's my choice the way I wanna feel... and yes I've made a choice and decided to see the best in people and things before anything else...

Another thing that helped me lately has been to face my fears.... I will not manage to get better if I don't get out of my comfort zone and deal with my fears... last year in September I did my first skydive jump - people asked me why??? My answer was "because I was afraid of it" and everyone looked at me like I was crazy... but aren't we all a little crazy in our own way??? And maybe we have to get a little messed up before we can step up ))

Phewwww this blog is turning out too serious, so let's talk about something else before I make anyone else crazy....

We had an earthquake yesterday morning and it was not a huge one, it was 5.2 or something like this, but still everything started to shake and move like in a Shakira video!!!!!! What I remember is that when I was in the third grade in school we had big earthquake training because they were expecting a huge one in Romania. So what they taught us is as soon as the ground starts shaking, hide underneath a table or something solid, or stay close to walls and large pillars... and since I was always paying attention in school, as soon as the room started moving here I went under the desk. Thank God I was alone in the room and no one saw me because I would have been a little embarrassed...

And now as a last subject I will talk about my love for "Grey's Anatomy"... I'm addicted to this series, so much that sometimes I wish I was a doctor. I find it amazing what those guys can do and I know it's only a TV show but still I find it awesome and so well written... plus they have the best quotes ever... I'm currently on Season 6 and they have nine of them, so I'm happy I still have a while to go... ahhh and they have some of the most interesting episode names like "Drowning On Dry Land", "My Favorite Mistake", "Give Peace A Chance", "Staring At The Sun" and many more... and I've just read that all of these titles are actually names of the songs... soooooo cool....

Back to sushi and sashimi now....

Love,

Sori

http://www.wtatennis.com/blogs/artic...ing-your-fears
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #215
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

She sounds very smart.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #216
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderFan View Post
She sounds very smart.
Sure.

I liked most that recently she starts expressing more regret for mistakes she has done in the past what to me means that she has learned from those and try to make it better in the future.

There were certainly a lot of things that went wrong, but she is still young and we know about her potential. Let's see how far she can go.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #217
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hey guys,

As a change, today's blog is going to have two parts - not because I wanted to, but because I was forced to!

I'm writing this first part on Saturday evening, from the plane on my way to Miami.... usually this is my time when I try to catch up with all my writing duties and answer all my e-mails, questions or requirements my agent sends me.

I spend so much time flying that in time I've learned to use it in a nice way and not waste all those hours. I see it as a time for myself where I can write, read, do crosswords - I'm addicted to Romanian crosswords and always have competitions with my coach about who is better and faster at finishing them (of course me), or any other things that relax me. Plus we need to find ways to keep our brains in shape as well, not just our bodies, we don't want our neurons to atrophy ))) When I'm home in Romania I'm sooooo busy that sometimes I feel I don't even have time to breathe. Then in tournaments it can be quite stressful. So I see flying as a time to switch off, not only my phone but also mentally from all the stress, and just relax...

On Thursday after my last practice in Indian Wells we drove to Los Angeles to spend two days with my friends there and get my mind a little peace away from any tournament venue... I still trained hard and did all my workouts but the fact that two days I could be surrounded by friends and have some normal quality time with them made me very happy. They are all Romanians, so it's easier to connect because we all come from the same backgrounds and we see things in the same way. At some point as we were driving we put old Romanian songs on and we all started to sing as hard as we could... I'm sure people around thought we were crazy, but it was one of the best karaokes ever... then we were having a huge discussion on what Romanian food we miss the most and it got quite heated up to that point because we all had different opinions... but in a simple line, we all miss the Romanian customs and the Romanian things. I started tennis when I was four years old and played my first tournament outside of the country when I was eight, and since then I haven't stopped travelling. So I don't let myself get to the point where I'm homesick, but I do miss my country.... I always say, how can you miss someone or something if you've never been away from it??? And sometimes we don't appreciate the presence as much as we appreciate the absence...

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

That was what I wrote before the flight started to get quite bumpy, and I stopped because I couldn't focus anymore.

Now as I'm trying to finish this post it's Sunday evening and I'm at my desk in my Miami hotel room.

I used to have zero issues with turbulence, as a kid I actually liked them - I would pretend I was in a rollercoaster... but then as I got older I started to be more aware of the dangers and feel a little uncomfortable. When you are a child life is easy because you can't really understand the world in her true sense and you have no worries, no duties, everything in the world seems sweet and innocent... then later on you start realizing what your responsibilities are, your priorities, you start setting up your values and the things you want to achieve. And I think tennis does a good job of making us mature faster than our age. My dad always used to tell me, 'The earlier you set up your priorities in life, the faster you will get where you want'!!!!!!!! I'm very grateful for the education my parents gave me from very young... in Romania we say the most important years are the first seven years of your life before you start going to school, because that's when your character and personality develop and you learn all the cool things like respect, good behaviour, what's good or bad, how to act properly and many more things.....

I've just had my first day here in Miami and it went well... I had a good practice with my coach in the morning and another good hit with my best friend Ana in the afternoon... I won't play my first match until Thursday or Friday so I still have enough time to adjust to the conditions. And now to give you a little inside scoop, I tend to practice with the same girls before tournaments, and I think all of us are quite similar, we all have our friends or favourite practice partners. So for example I have my practices set for the next days and it looks like this: in the mornings I always hit with my coach but then in the afternoons I will practice with girls. Monday I'm hitting with Pavlyuchenkova, Tuesday with Bartoli and Thursday with Kirilenko, so I'm very organized ... actually it's not me, it's my coach that is setting it all up. He's the one doing all the bookings and stuff, so their job is a little more complicated than just telling us how to hit forehands and backhands!!!!! And now since I'm giving away too much tennis information, let's talk about a different subject

My agent Ben will probably have a heart attack reading this, or he will kill me tomorrow, not sure which one yet... but as I was walking on site today I met Marina Erakovic and her caoch.. so we started talking and we got to the point where her coach Chris told me he lost a bet, because Marina won the Memphis tournament he now has to jump off a plane with her and they are thinking of doing it after Miami... so I said, 'This is perfect timing, let's go together.' My birthday is in three weeks and my wish for this year's birthday is to do my second skydiving jump as soon as I get home after I'm done here in the States... but then she goes, 'Let's try and convince more players so we go as a group.' Soooo if anyone who reads this wants to join us we are happy to welcome you ))) I can't believe I'm advertising this, but I swear it's not my idea, it's Marina's, so don't blame me

Talk soon,

Love,

Sori

What do you think of Monica Niculescu's victory in Florianopolis? Narcis
It was great to see Monica winning that title in Florianopolis... she works very hard and I'm very happy when I see her doing well. I'm actually happy to see any Romanian do well....

How was your practice with Steffi? What did you work on and what does she tell you? Sue, USA
Steffi is amazing, I love her, she is a true inspiration and as I've said before she is the reason why I started tennis.... she has a very intense way of doing the practice and she makes you work hard, but what we talk about stays between me and her

Did you like visiting Serbia? You and Ana Ivanovic are great friends. Did you take her to Romania and did she like it there? Aleksandr
I loved Serbia because I found it very similar to Romania. That's another reason why Ana and I get on so well. We grew up in a similar background and we have a similar education.... she hasn't been to Romania yet, but we are trying to plan that trip

What do you like most: clay (red, green or blue), grass or hardcourts? Adrian, Romania
Definitely hardcourt, I think it suits my game better.

Would you and Ana ever play doubles together? Jakov, Serbia
Never say never

It's my understanding that your parents have a SORANA variety of their ice cream. Question, were you named after the ice cream or was the ice cream named after you? Michael
Yes, my parents have an ice cream business and they produce their own brand, which is called 'Sorana'... I was born in 1990 and my parents' business started in 1992, so I was first, then came the ice cream
I love that last question.

And the discussion about which food and stuff you miss most, I can really identify with as I'm also living abroad for most of the time.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #218
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I like the small things she writes, never boring.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #219
country flag WonderFan

I've really always seen her as a big popsicle since the first time I saw her.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #220
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hey,

I'm sorry for not writing much the past couple of days. I'm not going to pull the "I was busy" excuse or any other cool reason, because my mum always told me, 'A lady never tries to find excuses for not being on time, she just says I'm sorry and moves on.' So in order to make my mum happy and not break those lady rules, I'll just say..... I'M SORRY. I promise I'll make it up to you guys

So let's see how the last week of my life has been...

On Friday I was a few points away from losing to Sílvia Soler-Espinosa in my second round match. I already had one foot on the plane on my way to Bucharest, before I managed to turn it around and win the match 6-2 in the third.

When I have a good day I find it very easy to get the win, but the problem is when you don't have such a great day and you don't feel the things the right way on the court, that's when you have to find a way to win the match. And the two things that made me get through on Friday were my legs and my heart. I fought my way into the match with whatever I had that day and I'm proud for turning that around. There were times before when I used to be ashamed if I wasn't playing perfectly, but now I understand that when your game is not there, you can still win matches just with legs and heart. Plus, sometimes these matches give you way more satisfaction than the matches when you played well and win easily, because you didn't quit, you didn't give up, and you fought hard and tried your best - it really gives you that joy and excitement sport is all about.

And today - Sunday - I won another match, my third round against Angelique Kerber. She is a great Top 10 player and a very nice girl as well. There is not much I will say about this except that I was happy with the way I played and things went well, so it was one of those good days....

But the point I'm trying to make here is that it's such a small difference between making it and not making it... So many times I was down set points in my first round matches and then went on to win the tournament, or similar situations like this!!!! And lately I've learned that it's all about fighting fighting fighting with whatever you have in the tank that day, because things can turn around so quickly!!!!

Now let's see what else I've done off the court, something interesting so you don't fall asleep while reading this post... hmmm... well except for spending some girls time with Ana, and going on an afternoon at the spa with my other good friend Maria Kirilenko to relax a bit, not much has happened - my life for the past week has been mostly related to tennis. I know I'm in Miami and there are so many cool things to do, but I'll have enough time after the tournament is done to check the beach and all that stuff Usually while I'm playing I don't like to waste my energy on too many off-court activities, I'm pretty quiet and I focus on my training, my recovery and all the other duties our job requires.... ahhh okay and I forgot to mention that I went shopping one afternoon as well with Andreea, the wife of Hanescu... how can I forget the most important activity, shopping.....

This week I also took a little break from my daily Grey's Anatomy episodes to watch some movies... I felt like I needed a change... so I came across this documentary called "Tyson". It's about the life of Mike Tyson. I like real stories and documentaries, I like to see real life people and how they manage to conquer those struggles, issues and problems that reality brings... I don't really enjoy much sci-fi movies and comedies, I'm more of a drama, thriller, action type of person

Anyway back to Tyson.... I find boxing similar to tennis from the mental point of view and found this documentary very interesting. I know some will agree with me and some will not, and that's all good. I learned from my parents that in life I have two options: "I love or I ignore". And when you live your life between these two feelings there is no place for hate. I try not to judge because I know how it feels to be judged all the time and you never really know what's behind someone's decision. So if I see something good in life I express my love and joy towards it, and if I see something that I don't like I just ignore it and move forward. Life is way too short for me to spend my energy on negative things... the same goes with this documentary, I liked some of the things and embraced them, and I didn't like some of the things and I ignored them, but overall I found it very interesting. I call this "my organic way of thinking"... my non-altered, non-chemically treated way of thinking )) I like to believe that no matter how old I get I can still keep that innocent way where you see the best in people before anything else.

Now unfortunately I will have to go because tomorrow I'm playing my fourth round match against Jelena Jankovic and I need to get some rest... ahhhhh but before that I need to complain about something.... I need to complain about the Miami weather... how in the world do the girls that live here manage to have nice, sleek hair??!!! Every single day in this city it's a bad hair day because of the humidity... the hairspray business must be doing really well here because that's the only thing that settles down the bird nest on my head... I'm serious now, this is a life or death issue and I consider the Miami girls true heroes....

Night night,

Love,

Sori
The part in bold really impresses me. It also explains why she loves to turn around matches these days as she has the confidence and self-believe to be able to do it.

We can also be safe that she doesn't post on TF with her organic way of thinking. And she better doesn't read what is posted here as well.

I hope Ana gave her some tips on how to beat Jelena, though.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #221
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I hope Ana gave her some tips on how to beat Jelena, though.
Apparently not, she keeps on double faluting
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #222
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

She has a really nice way of looking at things and expressing her feelings. God, I want to see her do well. Of course, she's a professional tennis player, top 30 in the world, so she's already doing well. But with a little more improvement, she could be a true star.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #223
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

Made by me

https://twitter.com/SoranaCirsteaRO
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:42 PM   #224
country flag Curcubeu

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...nglia-11075000

Quote:
First of all, tell me what you were doing 16 years ago.
16 years ago worked hard on the tennis court. Sitting 5-6 hours in training and getting ready for class I.

Why couldn't you go past second round at Wimbledon?
It was a difficult match. Camila Giorgi plays great on grass. This match was supposed to win 6-3, 6-3, but it was a day when I did not got anything. It was a defeat which hurt more. Not many people know, but I cried all night after that failure.

Many say that you missed a good chance to make at least a quarter-final ...
It was not so simple. I would have had to beat Bartoli ... I have to think that the level is pretty even and that it's not easy to beat any player ranked 100.

How were the Wimbledon courts this year? Many players have slipped ...
I do not know why, but it was somewhat slower. And from year to year, the grass is growing slower.

Halep had an excellent run until she met Li Na ...
Simona does a great job. We are not competing, and I'm very happy for her. So far it's a great year for Romanian women's tennis and I hope we keep this up.

However, the Romanians lost two odd situations. Monica Niculescu had three match balls and Horia Tecau took 2-0 in sets ...
Tennis is a sport where anything is possible. I'm gutted of such failures, but we are not the only ones who happens to it. Many criticize us when we lose after we had the game in hand, but few praise us when we turn it around for once.

What happened to the stars of this Wimbledon? Nadal, Federer, Azarenka, Sharapova or Serena all lost early.
From my point of view, there were no big surprises. And I could have lost in Round 1. Serena and everyone else are human and could not keep on winning forever. Sabine is very good on grass. In the past four years she has made tow quarterfinals and two semifinals here.

What was wrong with the orange soles of Federer in the match against Hanescu?
The English are very strict when it comes to equipment and I'm glad they keep it like that. And I needed the approval of the referee to be wearing mourning due to the the tragedy in Montenegro.

How often do you wake up with doping controllers in front of your door?
I'm already used to it. Last year they came three times a week. In addition, we are controlled after every match we lose. I still do my routine and I do not mind. They keep tennis clean.
I have to agree with most parts but lol @ I could have lost R1 as well when talking about surprises.

Anyway, I hope she can regroup for the rest of the year, she has to maintain her Top 30 spot.

Here an autograph, for Prosport's (sport magazine) birthday.

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM   #225
country flag codrutc

Nice calligraphy.