Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #616
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ALLEZ Mandy Minella!

Why does it take WTA a week and a bit to write an article anyway finally some official trophy pics.

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #617
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

MINELLA'S WTA BREAKTHROUGH IN BOGOTÁ
A number of players have broken through with their first WTA titles over the last few weeks - for Mandy Minella, who won the Copa Claro Colsanitas doubles title, it was an extreme relief.
Published March 04, 2013 12:00

Timea Babos, Mandy Minella
BOGOTÁ, Colombia - Mandy Minella's talents on the court have shone throughout her career, her shot variety, her consistency, her tenacity - but over the last year she has really started to capitalize on those talents, and last week the 27-year-old finally came full circle, winning her first WTA title.

The No.2 seeds in the doubles draw, Minella and Timea Babos stormed through to the final of the Copa Claro Colsanitas without losing a set, then capped the week with a 64 63 win over No.1 seeds and defending champions Eva Birnerova and Alexandra Panova. Minella finally had a WTA trophy.

"I was extremely happy and relieved," Minella said. "I was so close to winning a WTA title in doubles already, and now it finally happened here in Bogotá. This will always be a special place for me."

Minella was playing her third WTA final - she was already a runner-up twice before in doubles, at the same event in 2012 with Stefanie Voegele and at Hobart earlier this year with none other than Babos.

"Timea and I have gotten to know each other well and I'm happy I could win a title with a friend," Minella said of Babos. "She's very young but already has a very mature and strong game. I'm sure she will make her way in singles and doubles - we'll be hearing much more about her in the future."

But doubles isn't the only discipline Minella has picked her results up in. A year ago she had never been to a WTA quarterfinal, and in the last year she has done it four times - the quarterfinals of Monterrey, the semifinals of Bad Gastein, the quarters of Baku and now another quarterfinal in Bogotá.

So what's the secret to the spike? "It's the result of good and persistent work," Minella said. "I'm much better organized and am surrounded by a professional team since 2011. I also got more mature with time and see things differently than when I was in my early twenties. I also had a bad knee injury in 2006 that kept me out for a year, so I needed some time to work my way back up the rankings again."

And in an era with a number of thirty-somethings in the upper echelon of the game, including Serena Williams at the very top of the group, Minella is inspired to try to keep going up those rankings.

"Serena proves age doesn't matter. Girls are now keeping their fitness much longer and with their experience too, they're showing it's very hard for newcomers to beat them. To me, Serena is the best tennis player in the world right now. She has proven it by her results. She's playing better than ever."

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #618
country flag PureStormy

PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice

PureStormy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #619
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Finally I see the official pictureBeautiful
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #620
country flag Kəv.

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #621
country flag Kəv.

@mandyminella
Earthquake in the desert?really?almost dropped my weights on me in the gym.I survived

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #622
country flag Kəv.

@mandyminella
“@brians_pictures: Thanks @mandyminella for choosing to not see my stomach. #smartgirl pic.twitter.com/wR5aGO5cRf”nice pic

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #623
country flag Kəv.

@mandyminella
Bye beautiful Indian Wells.see you next year.Now up to the city where the heat is on ) pic.twitter.com/02O34diU9t

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #624
country flag Kəv.

Maybe when she retires from tennis she should just take up golf

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #625
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Now up to the city where the heat is on )
Welcome to Miami

That song was amazing
TT Singles: #199 CH: #2 Finals: Luxembourg '12, Miami '13, Carlsbad '13, YEC '13 SF: Dallas '12, US Open '12, Indian Wells '13, Cincinnati '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
TT Doubles: #52 CH: #10 Titles: Dallas '12, Brussels '13, Cincinnati '13, US Open '14 Finals: Seoul '12, Brisbane '13 SF: Wimbledon '12, US Open '12, TOC '12, Dubai '13, New Haven '13, Tokyo '13
Frederik is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #626
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
@mandyminella
Bye beautiful Indian Wells.see you next year.Now up to the city where the heat is on ) pic.twitter.com/02O34diU9t

Good to see that her swing has improved since Bad Gast(golf picture). Still minor issues but a lot tighter. Swing small, hit big!
TheFramer is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #627
country flag Kəv.

I realised Mandy has almost played everyweek this year

WEEK 1 - Shenzhen
WEEK 2 - Hobart
WEEK 3 - AO
WEEK 4 - Second week of AO (REST)
WEEK 5 - Paris
WEEK 6 - REST
WEEK 7 - Cali
WEEK 8 - Bogota
WEEK 9 - Acapulco
WEEK 10 - IW
WEEK 11 - Second week of IW (REST)
WEEK 12 - Miami
WEEK 13 - Osprey
WEEK 14 - Charleston
WEEK 15 - Katowice
WEEK 16 - REST

Then it looks like she will play continuous to the French Open
Hope she is getting the rest she needs though, probably is since all the R1 bombings.

Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #628
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I realised Mandy has almost played everyweek this year

WEEK 1 - Shenzhen
WEEK 2 - Hobart
WEEK 3 - AO
WEEK 4 - Second week of AO (REST)
WEEK 5 - Paris
WEEK 6 - REST
WEEK 7 - Cali
WEEK 8 - Bogota
WEEK 9 - Acapulco
WEEK 10 - IW
WEEK 11 - Second week of IW (REST)
WEEK 12 - Miami
WEEK 13 - Osprey
WEEK 14 - Charleston
WEEK 15 - Katowice
WEEK 16 - REST

Then it looks like she will play continuous to the French Open
Hope she is getting the rest she needs though, probably is since all the R1 bombings.
If you loose early every time, playing a lot of tournaments shouldn't be a problem, apart from the travel that is.
In 8 tournaments Mandy has played 12 matches, only winning 4 and 3 of them in Hobart Q. I don't count doubles as it is little more than glorified practice.

Top players such as Sharapova are currently on only her 3rd tournament, playing her 15th match tonight.

Quality over Qauntity?
TheFramer is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #629
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

But she was always out in R1 or R2

Hope she can stay on the court longer
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #630
country flag Kəv.

more tournaments, more Mandy

Closed Thread