Sammy Videos - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1816
country flag Jo.

Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice
Re: Sammy Videos

Jo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #1817
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo. View Post
It took me a while to realize that this was a new one

They got more right this time around

But I don't think they got much of this info from TF

Thanks for posting Jo
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #1818
country flag PureStormy

PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice PureStormy is just really nice

Last edited by PureStormy : Mar 8th, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
PureStormy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #1819

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

^Thanks for posting these

Sam still looks a bit rusty to me here. Her serve looks relatively toothless, and some of her BHs are a bit painful to watch. Hopefully she can get the bugs out of her game before her first singles match.

Btw: anybody know who's she practicing with?
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #1820
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

What beautiful courts! Wish I could practice there.

Not playing the videos after stromatolite's judgements about Sam's game
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
What beautiful courts! Wish I could practice there.

Not playing the videos after stromatolite's judgements about Sam's game
Sorry

She really wasn't that bad, I'm just being very critical because I want to see our super-Sam back. And it's only practice so I don't think she would have been too concerned. That's what practice is for

Update: I just rewatched the videos and have revised my opinion. Sam was actually hitting the ball quite well. Her hitting partner (Cirstea?) was hitting quite a few winners off Sam's serve, but I think that was because Sam was only serving at about 3/4 pace. And her BH wasn't bad either. She looked a bit awkward and cramped a couple of times, but she wasn't completely mishitting them, and she even hit a few really nice ones, both doublehanders and slice.

Last edited by stromatolite : Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1822
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
^Thanks for posting these

Sam still looks a bit rusty to me here. Her serve looks relatively toothless, and some of her BHs are a bit painful to watch. Hopefully she can get the bugs out of her game before her first singles match.

Btw: anybody know who's she practicing with?
I think its Shahar Peer - Courney said in her NCR podcast that Sam practiced with Francessa on Tues and Peer on Wed - said it was really strange practice partners as her partners were both in slumping mode
annetcl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #1823
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry

She really wasn't that bad, I'm just being very critical because I want to see our super-Sam back. And it's only practice so I don't think she would have been too concerned. That's what practice is for

Update: I just rewatched the videos and have revised my opinion. Sam was actually hitting the ball quite well. Her hitting partner (Cirstea?) was hitting quite a few winners off Sam's serve, but I think that was because Sam was only serving at about 3/4 pace. And her BH wasn't bad either. She looked a bit awkward and cramped a couple of times, but she wasn't completely mishitting them, and she even hit a few really nice ones, both doublehanders and slice.
yeah i found the practice not too bad although her hitting partner is Peer (i think) not Petra or anything like that lol
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1824
country flag annetcl

Someone recorded the super tb from yesterday's match:

http://vimeo.com/61403981

Sorry don't know how to embed vimeo files.

Lisa looks alot sharper than I last saw Storay in Dubai - her returns made in past the net into the court Also nice to see Sammy put all first serves in during the TB - makes such a big difference in doubles

What were they thinking lobbing Sam not once but twice!
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1825

Could be Peer I suppose, but someone posted something on the youtube page about Cirstea, so I assumed it was her. And I have to admit when you look at the vid fullscreen and hi-def it looks more like Cirstea to me than Peer: very dark hair, tall and slim, similar style of play.

Don't suppose it matters really, I was just curious.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1826
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post

Lisa looks alot sharper than I last saw Storay in Dubai - her returns made in past the net into the court Also nice to see Sammy put all first serves in during the TB - makes such a big difference in doubles

Some great volleys from Sam under pressure. Best player on court in that part of the match

I love how the person making the video lets out a YES every time Raysur/Storay win a point
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1827

Quote:

Thanks heaps for this.

Unless I'm mistaken this was from Bertrand's friend Teri again (the one who snapped Sim giving DT what looked like the middle finger, but in reality was probably the index finger)

The 9-6 point was great, pity they didn't win it, but some really nice saves by BMS and Mirza, so all credit to them. And it gave Sammy the chance to hit the winning serve

Sam looked good, especially her body language looked really positive, which is nice to see.

I was a bit surprised that she seemed to avoid kissing Lisa at the end, and briefly thought there might be some tension, but then I remembered she has a cold, so I think she just didn't want to infect Lisa. She coughed into her arm a few times during the TB.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #1828
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:

It's Teri.

Quote:

You can't.
B.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #1829
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We've been lobbying to get all traces of that match removed from the records, so we can plausibly deny it ever happened

Don't know about the full match, but these are the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8U2iviXzbs
Thanks
I don't blame Sam's fans for wanting to forget it, but for the neutrals it was a great spectacle.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyelloballz View Post
Thanks
I don't blame Sam's fans for wanting to forget it, but for the neutrals it was a great spectacle.
I'm sure it was. Maybe someday I'll be able to view it that neutrally, but atm the wound is a bit too fresh.