Anett Kontaveit - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #1606
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
It's a main draw wild-card apparently.

Even if she herself was talking about qualifying.
Well then it's even a bigger bombshell
In that case she needs a very good draw to be able to win a round.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #1607
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

This is either going to be brutal or just amazing.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #1608
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

This is such a great chance. Hopefully she gets lucky with her draw and faces someone beatable.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1609
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett has quite a good record against people ranked vastly higher than her
She seems to peak at big events against good players so if she can draw a Qualifier or WC she has such a good shot at 50 Points Its kinda funny that if she had won Burnie she also would have gotten 50 points Winning 25Ks is the same as a round at a PM
No wonder so many top players play ITF
Is Kaia still playing???

EDIT: Why isn't the Tallinn draw up yet???
Also, if she wins a round in Miami she won't be able to play Tallinn unfortunately as that is what happened to Kaia last year in Indian Wells/Nassau

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #1610
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
EDIT: Why isn't the Tallinn draw up yet???
Also, if she wins a round in Miami she won't be able to play Tallinn unfortunately as that is what happened to Kaia last year in Indian Wells/Nassau
Entry Deadline: Fri 8th March 2013 by 14:00GMT

Initial list does not mean much. There are tons of people who will play in France instead and bunch of people who simply withdraw.

She would have to win two rounds in MD to automatically miss Tallinn.

Last edited by Meelis : Mar 8th, 2013 at 03:15 AM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1611
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Entry Deadline: Fri 8th March 2013 by 14:00GMT

Initial list does not mean much. There are tons of people who will play in France instead and bunch of people who simply withdraw.

She would have to win two rounds in MD to automatically miss Tallinn.
When I checked last night it said that the Entry Deadline was the 7th. Now every tournament says the 8th...
Also, why was Kaia not able to play in Nassau then if she lost in R2 after having Round 1 Bye???
I agree that many will play in France but I still think that Anett will need WC to make MD

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #1612
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, why was Kaia not able to play in Nassau then if she lost in R2 after having Round 1 Bye???
Because she had a R1 bye and her second round match was played after Nassau qualifying sign-in.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #1613
country flag chingching

Quote:
Because she had a R1 bye and her second round match was played after Nassau qualifying sign-in.
But Kaia was in MD...
If Anett wins a round in Miami that is the same as getting a 1st round BYE...

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1614
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
But Kaia was in MD...
If Anett wins a round in Miami that is the same as getting a 1st round BYE...
This is the rule:

Quote:
A player is allowed to play in an ITF Women’s Circuit tournament during
the second week of a Grand Slam or multi-week WTA tournament
provided she has been eliminated from the singles and doubles of that
tournament prior to the ITF Women’s Circuit tournament Qualifying
Sign-in Deadline. Any suchplayer who is still competing in the Grand
Slam or multi-week WTA tournament at this deadline must withdraw
from the relevant ITF Women’s Circuit tournament.
Miami MD starts on Tuesday (instead of Wednesday like IW) and Tallinn has a Saturday qualifying sign-in (instead of Friday like Nassau had).
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1615
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

In any case, if the unlikely happens and she reaches R3 in Miami, who cares that she misses Tallinn?
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #1616
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett is currently 34th alt for Tallinn
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1617
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Only 29 out of 79 people in front of her have Tallinn as priority 1 though.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #1618
country flag chingching

Tons of P2, 3 and 4s in front of her
Especially in MD with only 5 being P1
I think she has a shot at MD but most likely qualies
I love how at home tourneys how the home country always has the highest unranked alts

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1619
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

McHale in R1. Some months ago it would have been quite good draw, but Christina has picked up some form recently. When the live coverage starts?

Last edited by Tennisfan06 : Mar 18th, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1620
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
When the live coverage starts?
TV? Friday.