Acc - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #226
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Acc

Let's hope from now on that UNC actually plays according to ranking (UCLA did that and lost)

7 Gina
21 Whitney
30 Zoe
31 Caroline
79 Tessa
90 Ashley
122 Lauren

at WTI they played

Gina
Zoe
Whitney
Lauren
Caroline
Ashley/Tessa

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #227
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Capra statement courtesy of Colette Lewis: http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...ra-on-her.html

Quote:
I have been suspended for an academic code violation. The violation consisted of handing in an incomplete final paper, lacking proper finalized citations to research sources. My actions were not intentional but I take full responsibility for my mistakes. As a student/athlete, I’ve worked hard to maintain close to a 3.0 GPA and complete extra academic credit requirements. I feel terrible that I disappointed my family -- as well as my teachers, coaches and teammates – but I am committed to learning and moving forward. Currently, I have resumed training with my coaches at the Evert Tennis Academy. I also continue to take college courses and look forward to returning to school in the fall.
Sounds like she was dismissed for plagiarism - more or less what I expected given the language of Duke's release.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #228
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Kahan also out for the remainder of the season. Duke better hope they don't have any more injuries or they'll be forfeiting matches.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #229
country flag Soxfan19

Soxfan19 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I posted in the SEC page, there are some teams in interesting situations with regard to staying eligible for an NCAA bid by being above .500.

Georgia Tech - currently 2-3 after dropping ACC opener to Clemson, 6-1

Tough matches - Georgia, Miami, Florida State, Notre Dame, Northwestern, North Carolina, Duke, Virginia

Other matches - Georgia State, North Texas, Miami (OH), BC, Maryland, Va Tech, Wake Forest, NC State

Win every one of the "Other matches" and lose the "Tough matches" and they are 10-11 going in to the ACC Championships. Plus, Georgia State had an easier time with Syracuse a couple weeks back than Georgia Tech did so their upcoming match on the 21st is an important one. Then they still have to turn one of the "tough matches" around.
Soxfan19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #230
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
I have been suspended for an academic code violation. The violation consisted of handing in an incomplete final paper, lacking proper finalized citations to research sources. My actions were not intentional but I take full responsibility for my mistakes.
Capra gets caught and suspended for cheating and has the nerve to claim it was unintentional?

This sounds like a steroid apology. I tested positive but it was unintentional, I don't know how it got inside my system.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #231
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

How is Duke going to let her back into school if she was caught cheating? Do they not have a zero tolerance policy like most schools or is it because she is a top flight athlete and exceptions are made?

Really tough break for Kahan. Very good player, hope she can come back from that surgery. That is a long recovery process for baseball players, not sure how it is for tennis players.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #232
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
How is Duke going to let her back into school if she was caught cheating? Do they not have a zero tolerance policy like most schools or is it because she is a top flight athlete and exceptions are made?
Duke does not have a "zero tolerance policy."

Quote:
Students found guilty of plagiarism, cheating, or other forms of academic dishonesty are generally suspended.
http://trinity.duke.edu/academic-req...emic-integrity
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #233
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline just beat Danielle 4,2, finished 1st.

Time to play #4 or higher.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #234
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

while i was visiting duke for the UF vs Duke match, no one was able to tell me why Trice was suspended. Of course I approached the question in a very vague way. Then the next day at the UNC vs UF match I struck up a chat w/ Alex's mom. So Trice & Embree are appareantly good buddies and while Trice was visiting Embree @ UF couple weeks back, she told Embree the reason why she was suspended.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #235
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
while i was visiting duke for the UF vs Duke match, no one was able to tell me why Trice was suspended. Of course I approached the question in a very vague way. Then the next day at the UNC vs UF match I struck up a chat w/ Alex's mom. So Trice & Embree are appareantly good buddies and while Trice was visiting Embree @ UF couple weeks back, she told Embree the reason why she was suspended.
And it wasn't about citing sources? Else why are you telling us when the official reason is already known

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 12:57 AM   #236
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
And it wasn't about citing sources? Else why are you telling us when the official reason is already known
ROFL i noticed the posts after I posted mine. But yes, that's indeed what it was.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 01:18 AM   #237
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
ROFL i noticed the posts after I posted mine. But yes, that's indeed what it was.
Damn, I had such high? hopes for a revelation

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #238
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

former Virginia All-American Lindsey Hardenbergh gets double bageled in ITF 10,000 qualifying by 15 year old Marie Norris! Never expected that!
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #239
country flag fantic

But Norris is good though.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #240
country flag SweatySteve

SweatySteve is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the deal with Wake Forest? Why are they so incredibly bad this year?
SweatySteve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote