SzÁvay Ágnes - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1591
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SzÁvay Ágnes

I hate this

Daniela, Angelique, Petra, Iveta, Magdalena
Stefanie, Agnieska, Jelena, Greta,
Pauline, Andrea, Kristina, Sabine
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina,
Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1592
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Agi .
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1593
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #1594
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Predictability is way too boring.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1595
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

I said Goodbye...
2013-02-06
A succesful career is over, Ági Szávay retires from professional tennis Ági Szávay has made what was probably the hardest decision of her life. After 14 years of competing, she has decided to retire from professional tennis.
“This is a very emotional and in a way tragic moment in my life. For more than ten years, my life was centered around tennis. That’s what I’m good at, I love to play and I believe that I still had a lot in me, as I’m only 24 years old. It took me a lot of time to make this decision, but I had no choice, I don’t want to risk my health.”

Ági Szávay turned pro in 2004 and a few years later she made herself known with a fantastic breakthrough season. In 2006 she was only ranked 207th, but a year later she neared the top 10, with a career-high ranking of No. 13. In 2007 she won Palermo and Beijing, reached the final in New Haven and was a quarterfinalist at the US Open. This series earned her the Newcomer of the Year award of the WTA and Sportswoman of the Year award in Hungary.

“I am proud of my achievements, my titles and awards. It was tough, but I have a lot to be thankful for. I’ve been contemplating the idea of retiring for a while now, because of all the injuries. The final straw was when I consulted a surgeon in Switzerland and I learned that even if I had the surgery, there are no guaranties that I could compete again. I had to realize that there was no other way. I believe that my fans want to see a 100% healthy Ági on the court, but there are no guaranties for that. Competing at a pro level is not possible with a broken vertebrae. My family and friends know very well that I have tried everything and that for the last 4 years of my career I was constantly struggling with injuries. At this point all I want is to be healthy and pain-free, because unfortunately I have some other health problems because I over-exerted myself. I really hope that I can pass on my knowledge and experience to the new generation. I have always dreamed of setting up a tennis school and teach children. I believe that the time has finally come, although I didn’t think I would retire so soon. I know that it’s going to be a big change in my life but I know what my plans are and I’ll do my best to accomplish them. I’m sure you’ll be hearing a lot about Szávay Tennis Academy.” - said Ági Szávay.

“I’d like to take this moment and thank my family, my sponsors, my coaches, my managers and my fans, especially my Fan Club for all their support. One of the most beautiful memories of my life is playing and winning the final in Budapest in front of my home crowd. Twice. I really wish that many more Hungarians may experience that.”

Ági Szávay started playing tennis at the age of 5, when her parents took her to the tennis court in Soltvadkert. Later she played at Újhidy Tennis School in Kecskemét, and continued at Talentum Tennis Club in Budapest from the age 13. She was later on signed by Vasas and then went on to MTK.

“I’ve already had quite a few big changes in my life, I had to say goodbye to a lot of things to pursue my tennis career. Now is the time for another big change, with many challenges and a whole new life, and I’m ready.” - said the player.

Ági Szávay’s achievements:
- 8 junior Hungarian championship titles (singles and doubles)
- 2 Hungarian championship titles
- Junior European championship title
- 3 junior GS titles (Roland Garros in singles, Wimledon and Roland Garros in doubles)
- 7 ITF titles (3 singles, 4 doubles)
- 7 WTA titles (5 singles, 2 doubles)
- 8 WTA tournament finals (2 singles, 6 doubles)
- 2 Olympic participations (Beijing, London)
- 3 Federation Cup participations (Hungarian Fed Cup team)
- 5 wins over a world N°1 player (Venus Williams, Dinara Safina, Victoria Azarenka, Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic)
- best GS performances: US Open quarterfinal in singles and semifinal in doubles, Roland Garros and Wimbledon 4th round

Awards:
- 2007 Sportswoman of the Year (Hungary)
- 2007 Junior Prima Primissima Award (Hungary)
- 2007 WTA Newcomer of the Year
- 2010 - 2012 Sports Ambassador of the Hungarian Red Cross
- 2008 - 2010 Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity
- 2012 Sponsor of Bátor Tábor (Hungary)
- 2013 Leader at Erzsébet Tennis Camp (Hungary)

http://www.szavayagnes.hu/hirek.php?..._id=251&lng=en

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #1596
country flag andre123

andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all

Good luck Agi and maybe see you some time again.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1597
country flag Greco

Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold Greco is a splendid one to behold

Agnes
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #1598
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Agi
You will be surely missed!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #1599
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

There's a ceremony before the Budapest final tomorrow to honor Ági .

Predictability is way too boring.
iGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1600
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody should make a video who's good at it about her WHOLE carrier.. She would deserve it..

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote