The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #2191
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Well done Moni So happy for her

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #2192
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Monica new ranking #58!!!!
Caroline Wozniacki - 250 Wochen Top Ten - 67 Wochen #1 - 34 WTA Finals - 21 WTA Turniersiege -Princess Charming of Tennis

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2193
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica was on the front page of the sports newspaper this week and this is quite some achievement for a not soccer athlet.

And she gave a wonderful interview.

Quote:
How will your first WTA career title influence your further career?
I am very happy because I won a WTA tournament, it is quite different to another semifinal or final. When you win a tournament, you feel that you brought all things to an end, and this is one of my mottos in life: to bring all things to the end! At the beginning of the tournament there were about 50 players to show up, and that you ended up as the best gives you a special feeling and confidence. It's a confirmation that what I do well the things I do and that I'm on the right track.

There was a very high humidity in Florianopolis (around 95% - 35°C degrees). How are you going to recover?
The conditions were pretty tough, high temperatures and very high humidity! But we are used to such conditions. I admit that it was not easy for me to recover from one match to another, but I felt I had played well lately and that I could avhieve a good result. I felt well at home lately. I am confident in my game, I improved my service a little. I feel I know what to do, and that gives me confidence that I can play on an equal level with the best players of the game.

How did you prepare for the final match against Puchkova? Were there times when you communicated with your coach, Calin Ciorbagiu?
We always speak about tactics before the match, depending on each opponent, and if unforeseen problems arise, he is allowed to enter the field once during a set and we discuss possible changes then. I read often read in his face if I do things well or not, because after so many years we are able to communicate somewhat through our eyes and interpret our moods.

What impressed you in Brazil?
The fact that many Brazilians have a similar physiognomy than we Romanians. I was walking down the street and I saw people and felt that they are Romanian and it made ​​me feel like I'm belonging to the place to which they belong. I felt at home, despite the higher temperatures and humdity. Otherwise, I only know a few words in Portuguese but it seems a pleasant language. If I had more time to watch soap operas, I could enrich my vocabulary, but unfortunately I do not have. I think I will learn new words next year when I come to defend my title.
No boring interviews with Monica.

Some GOAT stuff answering that last question. Definitely underrated on TF.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #2194
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

And they also dug out this brilliant peace of art from her first interview in 2008

Quote:
How and when did you do your first steps on a tennis court?
My first steps? One autumn morning, when my father went with us shoulder on shoulder, with me and my sister Gabriela. I think I was about 5 years old, my sister 6 and he said we would go out for a walk. We were really surprised when we stopped near some tennis courts, a club in the neighborhood where I lived - Steaua Bucharest CSS 3. I remember I was very excited when I saw the children playing with ball and racket. Almost simultaneously with my sister I told my father: <<Daddy, I want to play >>. He said that this was actually the purpose of our walk. I was mighty pleased both me and my sister, and from that moment I began to go to that club regularly, initially twice a week, then three times, and later daily.
There are also some nice pics, if someone can upload them.

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...riera-10629233
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #2195
country flag Curcubeu

R1 in Indian Wells vs Q
R2 vs Flipkens

Best possible draw to be honest.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #2196
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I improved my serve a little.

Quote:
There are also some nice pics, if someone can upload them.
The pic on the beach would make a great avi but the quality is too poor

Quote:
R1 in Indian Wells vs Q
R2 vs Flipkens

Best possible draw to be honest.
Flipkens can be tough but yeah it's a great placement. Azarenka awaits tho
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #2197
country flag Curcubeu

We will have to see how fit Monica is after her run and how well she recovered, but even dead dead tired Niculescu was able to dominate Flipkens for 1,5 sets in Australia earlier this year until she just completely ran out of gaz.

R1 shouldn't be much if a problem. Most qualifiers are that sort of young chicks she loves to trash as we know now.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #2198
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Great draw for Monica. Has the ability to improve on her second round showing from last year.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #2199
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Come on Monica !
Flipkens is dangerous for her but I hope this time will be different.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #2200
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

She gets [Q] Elina Svitolina first round.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #2201
country flag Curcubeu

Should be a beatdown, to be honest.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #2202
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Should be a beatdown, to be honest.
Not so sure. I rate Svitolina pretty highly. I think she is one of the most mature and skilled of the upcoming players. And she really is racing up the rankings too. At the start of November she was ranked 156. Today she is ranked 88, she will probably be top 50 within a few months. Yeah, still think Monica should win this match, Monica does have a way with handling young players, but I'm not expecting it to be one sided. Monica will need to play well.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #2203
country flag Curcubeu

To me she is simply another one of those players with inflated ranking due to wroring up tons of weak ITFs, nothing special.

On the other hand, Monica is a match up player, still no excuses here.
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #2204
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

I never saw Svitolina play. So cannot say much about it. Good luck

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #2205
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Aaron. I had my doubts as well but you were right, it was a beatdown. Double bagel
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote